The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

March Melting Mania

Oh fudge, I'm still in February. I posted my scent of the day there. [smilie=th_blij31-1] Sorry! And no, it's not fudge. It's AMS Orange Clove.

Gail, the goofy [smilie=th_e16]

Oh fudge, I'm still in February. I posted my scent of the day there. [smilie=th_blij31-1] Sorry! And no, it's not fudge. It's AMS Orange Clove.

Gail, the goofy [smilie=th_e16]

We've all done that - not to worry. :lol: If you'd like to try Carol's stuff (love!), I have *cough* quite a few of her tarts that I'd be happy to send you samples of. I'm a bakery/spicy gal (hence the name :? ) , so if you like those scents, email me your addy and I'll be glad to send you some samples. BTW, she has sales, but not often. Sign up for her newsletter on her ebay site and she'll let U know what's new.

I'm glad that Indiana is "sharing" the snow with some of the southern states [smilie=th_blij31-1] The Seagrass scent sounds nice, if it's not too green. I am melting AMS-harvest Type this afternoon.

Well oh my gosh, thank you for the generous offer, Sweet! Your username is truly appropriate. [smilie=th_e16] I love the bakery and spicy scents too. Okay, and the fruits and florals and clean and.... :lol: Thanks for the tip on Carol's newsletter. I signed up. And I just sent you an email with my addy. Thanks again for your offer! [smilie=th_blij31-1]

Those of you getting snow, stay safe. And enjoy it! We do get a little here where I live. It sure is beautiful. It's the ice that gives me fits. :? Be careful, everybody.

Gail

Hi all! We're supposed to get 6-8 inches of snow here in NJ by tonight which will be the most of this winter so far if we get it. I for one think it's coming - it's grey and dark here and the air has that unique scent it has before a big snowstorm.

First melts of the day are:

K - Berry Tangerine - Spotted Hog - This is a very nice YC dupe - strong scent, very good scent throw.

LR - Sugared Plums - Colonial - A very nice scent but could be stronger - very good scent throw

BR - Fairys' Garden - Blue Gecko - A very nice complex fruit/floral/earthy scent - more fruit to my nose than anything else - very strong with only half a tart used and great scent throw - So far all the ones I've tried from BG are very strong scents with great scent throw

Big Red, I hope you and your DP can hunker down and stay toasty during the snowstorm.

Sweet, I can't help you. I know nothing about southern pie making. I'm originally from the nawth. And no, I don't know a thing about nawthern pie making either. [smilie=th_pluja] But if I could make a pie, it'd definitely have lots of cinnamon!

Didn't care too much for my first melt today, AMS Orange Clove. Changed it out for Banana Kiwi from AMS. It's a goody!

[smilie=th_wave]

Gail

Big Red, I hope you and your DP can hunker down and stay toasty during the snowstorm.

Sweet, I can't help you. I know nothing about southern pie making. I'm originally from the nawth. And no, I don't know a thing about nawthern pie making either. [smilie=th_pluja] But if I could make a pie, it'd definitely have lots of cinnamon!

Didn't care too much for my first melt today, AMS Orange Clove. Changed it out for Banana Kiwi from AMS. It's a goody!

[smilie=th_wave]

Gail

The AMS Orange Clove is SUPER STRONG! It was a little much for me too. If it was toned down just a bit it would be great.

bigred0727

BR - Fairys' Garden - Blue Gecko - A very nice complex fruit/floral/earthy scent - more fruit to my nose than anything else - very strong with only half a tart used and great scent throw - So far all the ones I've tried from BG are very strong scents with great scent throw

I agree. The Green Apple Pucker for Blue Gecko was one of the stongest tarts I ever tried. (close after LOL's Lavender)

Only one from those I tried so far which hasn't been very strong is Lavender SIlk. But very nice scent anyway.

Have fun in the snow! It seems odd to not have it here, we have had so much this year. And snow in Georgia?? Do you get snow often there? I think of peaches, not snowmen, LOL!

Today my melts have been: Bloomwick - Emerald Sea

Lemon Bay - Ambrosia

Our snow is melting quick!! [smilie=th_goodnight]

Melting Peppermint Noel from BG. I noticed that BG does'nt have any cinnamon scents. I wish she had a cinnamon bun scent!

CB-she did have cinnamon bun,but must have taken it off the menu. I have one from my last order.

This evening I am melting-

Pink Sugar-CFTKR

Banana Split-Crosscreek

Oh Romeo-Everyday Whims

Apple Jack and Peel-Jolie Bella

Aunt Betty's Blackberry Pie-Can Do

I went to change to some new scents and discovered that a lot of my 2oz tart cups from Candles by Victoria have little holes in the bottom like the wax is eating through the plastic cup so I had to melt some of them. Has this happened to anyone else?

Now melting:

K - Bayleaf & Clove - CBV - This is one strong herb scent! It's very nice though

LR - Claire Burke Original - CBV - This is a perfume dupe but it's a very nice scent - different than I expected

BR - Baby's Breath - CBV - Another very nice floral scent from Victoria and strong too.

Hope you feel better Heart!!

I've added Vanilla Sandalwood from EW. This is a wonderful one from Riss! Strong!

I went to change to some new scents and discovered that a lot of my 2oz tart cups from Candles by Victoria have little holes in the bottom like the wax is eating through the plastic cup so I had to melt some of them. Has this happened to anyone else?

Bigred - is the wax actually coming thru? I had quite a few AMS tarts that the 'ring' on the bottom of the cups fell out, but the wax was ok. I have had a few tarts in the past (from another vendor) eat through, tho. It was a zucchini bread scent and she used a lot of oil to make it strong. That oil must be pretty potent. :shock:

Heart - hope you feel better soon! :?

Ending the evening burning my Warm Glow Cranberry Chutney candle again. Such a pretty candle - it just glows. [smilie=snoopy]

Everyone in the path of the snow - stay safe.

:lol:

Good evening! I hope that all of you are enjoy the last few hours of this weekend. I'm melting CFTKR's Cake Bake.