The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

March Melting Mania

Just put on Green Apple Caramel Crunch from LOL in the kitchen/LR. Hope my LOL order arrives soon; this is the last of this scent! :(

Guest scentedstamper

Trying to hide the smell of the salmon I'm making for dinner! (LOVE to eat it, hate to smell it!) Melting : CBV Cherry Almond, BG Creme Brulee, LOL Comfortably Numb and some wax in Sticky Jellybean Cupcakes scooped out from my brand new LOL candle. I am also burning that candle, and it is behaving very badly. It has been lit for 4 hours and at first it tunneled something awful. So I scooped out about an inch all around (saving for melting in a tart burner of course!). Even after all this time the melt pool is only about the size of a half dollar. I will definitely order only tarts and B & B and tealights from LOL in the future. Glad I got the candle on sale and with free shipping, but a disappointment nonetheless.

Sheryl

Trying to hide the smell of the salmon I'm making for dinner! (LOVE to eat it, hate to smell it!) Melting : CBV Cherry Almond, BG Creme Brulee, LOL Comfortably Numb and some wax in Sticky Jellybean Cupcakes scooped out from my brand new LOL candle. I am also burning that candle, and it is behaving very badly. It has been lit for 4 hours and at first it tunneled something awful. So I scooped out about an inch all around (saving for melting in a tart burner of course!). Even after all this time the melt pool is only about the size of a half dollar. I will definitely order only tarts and B & B and tealights from LOL in the future. Glad I got the candle on sale and with free shipping, but a disappointment nonetheless.

Sheryl

Sorry to hear about your candle. You should definitely talk to Allison about that.

Definitely give Allison an email about your candle. I noticed that I wasn't going to get a great melt from mine from early on-so I shaded it from the first burn. It has been fabulous.

Cmarie, hope you feel better soon!!!

Recent melts...

LOL fresh baked bread...didn't smell like bread to me :lol:

Can-do patchouli

Can-do nutmeg

i've also been melting the botom piece of a Full Moon pillar, and it is really strong!

Good evening

tonight melting

Toasted almonds & Cherries- LOL

finishing up from yesterday- Raspberry Lilac from Blue Gecko, actually I am starting to like it but it needed to be moved to a bigger room.

Trying new Summer Loving from Blue Gecko.

Guest scentedstamper

Thanks for the sympathy about my candle. I have never had anything but excellent service from Allison, so I hesitate to contact her with a negative report. I'll consider it.

Cat01, I thought I knew ALL the candle lingo- what does " I shaded it from the first burn" mean? It has been burning 5 1/2 hours now and is nowhere near the edges of the jar!!!

Previous melts continuing, and added CCCC Pink Crush and a GC candle in Sugar Cookie.

Sheryl

Sheryl, [smilie=th_popcorm1] about your candle. It sounds like a real dud. I don't know anything about Allison, but from the reputation her company has around here, I bet she'd welcome the chance to rectify things for you. [smilie=closed]

I was wondering the same thing about Cat's shading from the first burn comment. Say what? :lol: [smilie=th_Cry] Cat.

Thanks,

Gail

I'm melting Hippy Christmas from Cheryl. Another great strong one!

Hope you feel better Cmarie and Bigred!

Last melts of the night for me are:

K - Country Market Spice - Nene's - An awesome moderately strong spicy scent - very cinnamon-y [smilie=th_th1ptgno]

LR - Elegant Orchid - Cheryl's - This is a very nice strong scent but not overpowering or cloying and the scent throw is outstanding - I'm in the bedroom which is on the other side of the house and I can still smell it.

BR - Eternal Rose - Cheryl's - I can't tell yet because it's getting overpowered by the orchid scent [smilie=th_biqazm1] Cold sniff was awesome though.

Bathroom - Plumeria - SH - This is the last of the clamshell and it won't be a reorder - I don't like their version very much - it has a bitter quality to it that it shouldn't have. I still have the Illuminations Rose jar burning in there too and it's helping to soften the plumeria.

Not cat here, but I can tell the suspense is killing you! [smilie=th_th1ptgno] I think cat is referring to placing a ceramic shade (or sometimes an illumalid) on the top - both available at YC. They reduce drafts on the wick, and using them seems to help in a lot of instances where you would have had soot or a tunnel. I think we have agreed that sometimes it reduces the throw, but the candle seems to burn better with one!

Been sick and missed all this good stuff. Lots of catching up to do. Such amazing avatars too! I can't even melt my strong ones. [smilie=th_biqazm1]

Hope everyone else who is sick is feeling better!

Taking a chance on these melts tonight:

LOL ~ Raspberry Mint Jelly

CBV ~ Spearmint

CP ~ Spiritueuse Double Vanilla

Mint always helps when I feel like [smilie=th_th1ptgno]

Guest scentedstamper

Thanks debra, I thought that might have been what she meant. I don't think a Yankee Illumalid would fit this LOL candle anyway. I did email Allison very politely and asking for suggestions.

Added a YC Blueberry Scone votive.

Sheryl

Lots of activity here tonight, but to hit the highlights (or lowlights, whichever the case might be):

Dolce & Gabbana Women, Feminine, and Light Blue from Lemon Bay. They all smelled like soap.

Pears & Berries, Creme Brulee from Sparklepuss. No pears, no berries, no brulee.

Morning Glory & Honeysuckle from LOL. Very nice and clean.

Vanilla Caramel Custard candle from GC. Love this!

Some BG melts for testing purposes - Electric Lime, Sugared Raspberry Violets, Chocolate Raspberry Moelleux. Would re-order all 3.

Night all!

Hello all! I had a busy night last night, my DS came down with the flu or something... he is feverish and vomiting... no fun at all. Plus I was so excited to try some of my new LOL so I put in Flamingo Kisses which I thought was FANTASTIC... but my DH hated it and blew it out when I went downstairs. So, I contemplated divorce for a short time, then remembered that after being on disability for 4 months he finally goes back to work tomorrow! [smilie=th_1819] So that means he will be gone more and I can melt what I want!! So, since I called in sick to stay with the boy I have re-lit the Flamingo Kisses, and am loving every minute of it!

Sheryl, I am so sorry about your candle. I am going to light one of mine this morning, I will let you know how it goes. I have had 3 others, and have had no problems at all.