The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

March Melting Mania

Michele, I'm sorry I some how missed your post where you asked about Garden Sweet Pea last night. I really like it. It's not knock you down strong, but definitely fragrances a medium size room. It's the kind of floral I really like, not too flowery with a clean freshness to it.

Today it is supposed to get up into the mid-80's! I have started off with Lessie's Prim Wishes from Can-Do.

Cat, it sounds like you've got some great plans to enjoy the warm weather. I've got the house opened up too. Have fun at the zoo.

[smilie=th_e16]

This isn't the best place to hang out when you haven't had breakfast. Reading about all those yummy bakery scents some of you have going is making me hungry! I wonder what my neighbors would think if I went door to door begging for coffee cake or banana nut bread? [smilie=th_myspacepunked_sign0009]

I'm finishing off my AMS Pumpkin Crunch Cake this morning. It's still good but is starting to fade. I'll replace it soon with Frosted Lime Cupcake. I guess the fact of the matter is I NEED CAKE this morning! [smilie=th_00000020]

Gail

Just started Vanilla Grapefruit from Blue Gecko in the kitchen/DR. It's not even fully melted yet and I already love it! Also added Fresh Linen from B&BW in the powder room. There are a couple of guys here installing cabinets and countertop in the laundry room so re-freshing scents were a must!

I was on floral overload (Yes, Me!) so I had to switch out scents:

K - Peach & Sweet Berries - Bella - A very nice strong fruit scent

LR - Peach Mango Salsa - Angie's - A very nice moderately strong fruit blend - smells like a bit of spice was thrown in too

BR - Best Friends - Angie's - A very nice strong pomegranate/strawberry blend

Also burning two AMS Waterlily & Jasmine chunky votives in the bath.

I love the YC tarts but they start out super strong and then die out after around 4-5 hours in my 24W combo melters - is that normal?

I switched to the AMS Frosted Lime Cupcake. Nice scent, but not a big wow for me. I'd grade it a B+.

For those of you with spread sheets, do you give scents a letter or number grade or just mark them with something like "reorder-yes" or "reorder-no"? Just curious...

Gail

BigRed: I hope you like EE as much as I do. I am melting EE-Domination this late afternoon.

My first order is pretty big - I ordered at least one of almost every scent they have. I liked the Dark Candles scents a lot so I'm thinking I will like EE's as well.

Thanks, Bigred. Good tip about writing down how long it lasted.

Gail - off to revise the spreadsheet!

This evening I put on a new one from Missy's Tempting Tarts....Oatmeal Raisin Cookie. This is very good. It's weird that when I'm close to it I can't smell it much but when I go into another room it is really strong! I guess that's called Really Throwing Scent!! :shock:

Melting scents grouped in different areas of the house today:

Can-Do ~ China Rain, LOL ~ Rainwater Mint, CCCC ~ Carolina Rain

LOL ~ Dole Whip, CCCC ~ Birds of Paradise, GW ~ Tropical Passion Fruit

AMS ~ Iced Cinnamon Buns, Missy's Cinnamon Donuts, CFTKR ~ Cinnamon Roll

Tne second group of fruit scents is by far the best and strongest combination, but it all smells really good today! :shock:

I switched to the AMS Frosted Lime Cupcake. Nice scent, but not a big wow for me. I'd grade it a B+.

For those of you with spread sheets, do you give scents a letter or number grade or just mark them with something like "reorder-yes" or "reorder-no"? Just curious...

Gail

I do a 1-5 5 being best and a quick why (unique, strong, long lasting)

Caramel Pecan Pie from Crosscreek - not bad but not one of my favorites so I'm trying to use it up

Graham Cracker, also from Crosscreek - this one's yummy and has a great throw too.

Have a good night everyone!

ETA - I just went back and read the posts about those of you who had temps in the 80s today. I am SO jealous! Here it got up to a whopping 40 degrees. :shock: At least it was above freezing though...

mjclkc - well, we didn't have temps that high, but it did get to 58 degrees. Heat wave! :lol:

Melting EW's At The Fair. Here is the description...."This scent is like walking by the cinnamon toasted almond stand...... mouth-watering!" I had to look it up cuz I didn't know what I was smelling, just knew it was yummilicious! I've never had cinnamon toasted almonds, but if they taste half as good as this smells....... :shock: