The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

March Melting Mania

Happy noon!

I put on HoT - Carolina Wedding Cake this morning and it's still kicking out a yummy scent.

Question about Bridgewater Candle's Solitude scent:

I put what I thought was Solitude on last night, and although I really liked it, it smelled nothing like the floral/woodsy description. It smelled spicy like cinnamon, ginger, frankincense, cassia. That type of thing.

[smilie=th_326db8b3]

Maybe I grabbed the wrong tart but I could swear the label was Solitude. I even tried to fish the wrapper out of the trash can but I couldn't find it.

So, my question, for anyone who has smelled Bridgewater - Solitude. Did you find it to be a floral like the description or a spicey scent like I experienced?

Jules I have a large Solitude jar and it does smell more like you described, with hints of powdery floral - it's really good but just not like the description. I have a tart too but haven't yet melted it. If the tart was white, then you definitely melted Solitude.

Bridgewater's Plumeria is more of a spicy one too but also really good - that tart is red. It's very different than the usual plumeria.

Good to see you posting again MommyluvsNoah!

Today it's Sin City from EW. This is one strong tart and smells wonderful! [smilie=th_326db8b3]

Good afternoon smellie lovers! Thanks for that description of Cheryl''s pumpkin scent puppylove. I love when there are extra notes in a scent to make it unique.

Welcome back mommyluvsnoah. Blackberry jam butter cookies is a good one. I like Crosscreek's too.

I'm melting LOL ~White Chocolate Peppermint Bark (a custom heavy on the peppermint). [smilie=th_326db8b3]

CCCC's ~ Pink Crush

EW ~ Pink Sugar type

Nene's ~ Orange Coconut Torte (in a small room)

Hello there, Mommyluvsnoah! :lol:

Thanks Bigred. Yes Solitude was a creamy white color, and I did like it but got no floral from it. Sanity has been restored. Even DH commented on the cinnamon scent last night. No lotus petals, white rose or orange flowers.

Good afternoon....and happy Friday the 13th!!! LOL

No melts going right now, but I do have my brand new Goose Creek jar candle burning. The scent is Spice Cake and it's very good. A very nice bakery scent...more cake than spice I think, but still fantastic! I really like the look of the jar and the label is very pretty....very rustic looking. I 'won' this candle on ebay and I think I may go back for a couple of their pillars....

Hi Everyone!

I had a very busy day yesterday. No time for melting. Today it's GHBT Dragon's Blood. This is a new scent for me. Too soon to tell if I like it.

Howdy Mommyluvsnoah! :lol:

My AMS Love Spell is going strong and smelling wonderful. The peach has faded somewhat and now it's more like apple plus some other fruity scent. Almost a hint of citrus. I'm likin' it a lot!

Boy, some of the scents you all are melting/burning sound really yum!

Gail

Hi Mommy!

Denim - I also get a little queasy from bakery scents - odd, huh? I like them at first, then...

BidRed - Whoa - you must feel like you are in a florist shop! How lovely.

We had Taste of Home magazine's cooking school here this week. I went and won a huge bag of ziplock bags and storage containers as a door prize. Can you believe it? I sat there trying trying to figure out how I could use them to store tarts! Over the edge...I have gone over the edge. :lol:

I melting left over Christmas because I don't want to climb the stairs to put them away with the rest of the Holiday melties. The How Very Merry (last years) from Cozy is amazing - strong and it just won't quit! The Crazy for Candles Reindeer Poo is very strong, but the clamshell wax has gotten all crumbly - almost need a spoon!

Hi Mommy!

Denim - I also get a little queasy from bakery scents - odd, huh? I like them at first, then...

BidRed - Whoa - you must feel like you are in a florist shop! How lovely.

We had Taste of Home magazine's cooking school here this week. I went and won a huge bag of ziplock bags and storage containers as a door prize. Can you believe it? I sat there trying trying to figure out how I could use them to store tarts! Over the edge...I have gone over the edge. :shock:

I melting left over Christmas because I don't want to climb the stairs to put them away with the rest of the Holiday melties. The How Very Merry (last years) from Cozy is amazing - strong and it just won't quit! The Crazy for Candles Reindeer Poo is very strong, but the clamshell wax has gotten all crumbly - almost need a spoon!

[smilie=th_jaja] You're over the edge...but you have the cutest avatar. [smilie=thank_you]

I got home from work early today.

Still finishing up the YC Blue Hydrangea.

I will exchange it for something fruity soon, have Strawberry Kiwi from Blue Gecko ready nearby.

Also have Blue Gecko Downy Lavender Vanilla.

I got home from work early today.

Still finishing up the YC Blue Hydrangea.

I will exchange it for something fruity soon, have Strawberry Kiwi from Blue Gecko ready nearby.

Also have Blue Gecko Downy Lavender Vanilla.

I love the Blue Hydrangea but it is a strong floral.

I still have all the same scents going and I seem to have gotten my GC Casablanca Lily candle under control finally although it still hasn't formed a full melt pool all the way out to the sides but at least the wicks aren't drowning any longeand it isn't tunneling any more either. The Lemon Sugar & Candied Violets from Carol is an awesome scent - a new favorite.

Melting Amish Quilt from GHBT. This is so good. Also Cozy Christmas from AMS. I can never get enough of this!