The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
PuppyLove

February's Fabulous Fragrances

Good Morning!

I just had HOT's Space Brownies melting and yuck! Smelled like scotch tape and chocolate....

I now have Blueberry Muffin from Cocoa Pink on and it is lovely..

:?

HA!! That is a most excellent description! I have a dog who eats the weirdest stuff, I think she would really like scotch tape and brownies!

Tested out my 25w melter from CFKTR this morning with a Raspberry Zinger melt. I don't know if it was just that the burner was new, but it smelled like skunk after it had been on for five minutes. :? To give the tart another chance, I switched it to a tealight melter and added Iced Orange Pineapple CFKTR to the cleaned out 25w melter.

The Iced Orange Pineapple is a delightful scent, bright and fruity and STRONG! The raspberry zinger wasn't a favorite, but maybe I'll try it again. It had a bad start.

Very late night melt is Red Velvet Cake-CFTKR. :?

[smilie=th_blij51] GOOD MORNING! How did you like the Red Velvet Cake? I just ordered 3 samplers from her yesterday, and I am excited about this one. I have Melissa's Coconut Lime started, I put it in about 2 minutes ago and it is already going strong! The sun is out and I am ready to get rid of all this snow!

It was nice, Darling. I had it in my tealight melter and didn't think it was as strong as alot of Carol's, but it was definitely a yummy cake scent.

Today it is Frosted Lime Cupcakes from AMS, so far. I agree with what someone said awhile back that it is more lime than cupcake. It's still pretty good, though.

MMMMmmmmm... those all sound good to me. I also ordered a Raspberry Zinger fromn Carol, I hope it doesn't smell like skunk in my melter! :?

I am now disappointed in my coconut lime, it smelled great for maybe 20 minutes, and now I can't smell anything. I have even left the room several times thinking maybe my nose went dead, and NOTHING. Has anyone else had this with the scent shots from Melissa? I have been trying to ration my LOL stash, at least until all my other orders have come in, but it is hard!! I want my melts to smell for at least a couple of hours.

Darling, you were asking about how everyone liked the votives from AMS. I ordered one with my last order in the scent of Cranberry Crumble ( which is a favorite scent from her in tarts) and i was very disappointed i got no throw at all. it did burn very well, no scent at all. But I haven't found a company that has strong scented votives. Yet! But I'm still on the lookout.

I want my melts to smell for at least a couple of hours.

I agree with you. I have never gotten 12 hours from anything I melt but I do expect a couple of hours. I don't mind shorter burn time since I can then switch often but do expect more than 20 minutes. I hope they are not all like that since I have a package waiting for me at home. I know others on the forum have really liked Missys so maybe you got a dud??

OOPS! Edited because I read post incorrectly. You said Melissa and I thought Missy. Sorry.

Yes, I am hoping Missy's will be better, I have an order on the way from her. I like the cold sniff on a bunch of these from Melissa, and they were a great BOGO deal, but they just don't seem to last.

Twinsmom, at the risk of promoting my favorite yet again, I loved my votives from LOL, they were strong, and burned a LONG time. I also love Candle-licious votives and they were AWESOME, but they don't have a very extensive scent list in my opinion. I had Merlot and Sugared Plums, and I liked both of them.

I really was hoping to fall in love with AMS votives, since they are only $10.00 a dozen, since most other companies are around 20.00. Have you been burning one votive at a time, or several? Maybe I have a better turnout because I usually burn the entire dozen at once, 9 in a sconce in the dining room and the other 3 in holders in the living room? If you can't get a scent from that many candles, you would really have a problem. :?

That's not good news about the AMS votives as I have a dozen of the chunky votives coming with my second order from her.

Started the day with:

LR - Poppy & Papaya - CFTKR - Really nice tropical type scent

BR - A blend of Soptted Hog's Fresh Cut Roses and CBV's Rose - The SH roses scent wasn't that strong so I combined it with CBV's super strong rose scent and it worked out nicely as the wonderful scent of roses now fills about half my house. :?

Where is Katz? She was burning Iced Oatmeal Cookie votives from AMS, maybe hers were strong?

My happiness has returned! I popped in Apple Dumpling from LOL and it is luscious! Perfect tart apple with a bit of vanilla, but not much spice, which I prefer! Some of my others have WAY too much cinnamon for me.

The iced oatmeal has a nice scent, but a medium throw The snickerdoodle votive, smells really good, but it keeps going out on me. I'm not having the greatest luck with this batch. I am getting ready to try Basil Sage Mint, so I'll let you know how this one does. I think this may be a bad batch or something because the first votives were very strong.

Guest scentedstamper

It was time to change out scents, so I popped in an AMS grubby heart in my powder room melter in Vanilla Grapefruit. That baby is some kind of powerful!!! I really like it. I read other people did not care for this, but I'm so glad I took a chance. (since I'm one who did NOT like Frosted Lime Cupcakes) Haven't even added anything else yet as I'm just enjoying this one for now!

Question for Missy's Tempting Tarts fans : do you find that her tarts melt better in a tealight melter? (same as Can- Do?) I had Cinnamon Stick going in my trusty Scentsy 25 w melter and it barely melted. Smelled good, but I know it will melt better with a tealiight. I'd appreciate any feedback!

Have a great afternoon!

Sheryl

Hi All! I haven't actually started melting yet. It's been a busy day and we're heading out again. When we get home later on tonight I'll start melting Carol's Vanilla Mint. Have a wonderful day.

It was time to change out scents, so I popped in an AMS grubby heart in my powder room melter in Vanilla Grapefruit. That baby is some kind of powerful!!! I really like it. I read other people did not care for this, but I'm so glad I took a chance. (since I'm one who did NOT like Frosted Lime Cupcakes) Haven't even added anything else yet as I'm just enjoying this one for now!

Question for Missy's Tempting Tarts fans : do you find that her tarts melt better in a tealight melter? (same as Can- Do?) I had Cinnamon Stick going in my trusty Scentsy 25 w melter and it barely melted. Smelled good, but I know it will melt better with a tealiight. I'd appreciate any feedback!

Have a great afternoon!

Sheryl

Why would it melt better with a tealight melter? Wouldn't the heat be greater from a 24W or 25W electric combo melter?

I did notice that my 24W combo melter was having a bit of trouble melting the Fresh Pear form Missy's yesterday but I haven't tried any of the other scents yet. I just thought it was because it was a bit chilly in my LR at the time. I don't like the heat turned high as I love the cold weather.

I've been out most of the day, but this afternoon I had Arts & Hearts Tutti Frutti on.

Now I'm switching it out for the evening:

PI Woodstock melt

Colonial - Moroccan Spice jar

Bridgewater jars look beautiful, and so far I like the scents and throw.

I didn't care for Space Brownies either. ack.

THE AMS votive I am burning in the bathroom is burning right and has a good throw. I have 2 more votives left from this batch, so I'll try them and see how they do. This scent is Basil Sage Mint smells really good and fresh.

THE AMS votive I am burning in the bathroom is burning right and has a good throw. I have 2 more votives left from this batch, so I'll try them and see how they do. This scent is Basil Sage Mint smells really good and fresh.

[smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJackie_vi7]

It was about time for a good review. This gives me hope for the ones I have coming. I am heading home, we have swimming lessons then I have to get ready for my open house tomorrow night.

A little while ago the weather channel said the OKC area had some tornadoes. Jason - check in if U can & let us know you're ok. [smilie=group_hug] Everyone in the line of bad weather - be safe.....

Melting CrossCreek's Apple Berry Crumble. Holy Guacamole....this is one strong tart! :? (Heart2Heart.... are U taking notes? :lol: )

I use my tea-light melters more than anything now. Missy's cinnamon stix was very strong for me this morning. I did have it in a tealight melter. HTH