The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
debra99

Dashing through our scents...

Merry Christmas Eve, everyone! Today I've got on Christmas Wish from Cheryl's. Got some cleaning to do before heading to my family get-together this evening. Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!

P.S.-Jules, thanks for the reminder about the camera. I ALWAYS forget mine!

Finally cleaned out the melters.

Melting-

GHBT Christmas Cabin

CCCC Christmas Cabin

EW Victorian Christmas

Burning-

Sweet Liberty Cranberry Chutney Candle

YC Sugared Plums

YC Christmas Cookie

Have a very Happy Holiday everyone!

Added YC Cinnamon & Sugar (very light) and YC Holiday Home Sweet Home.

My youngest made a bowl of reindeer food to sprinkle in the yard tonight. It's got oats, raisins, and Captain Crunch cereal. [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Did you know you can track Santa on NORAD? It's a cute site that shows exactly where the big guy is all night.

http://www.noradsanta.org/en/home.html

[smilie=th_a056]

Jules, that is so sweet! Mine are old enough to have the Santa thing all figured out, but we still go through all the motions; cookies, Santa gifts, etc.

Melting Mrs. Claus' Cookies in 3 melters. I'm trying to get rid of the bacon, onion and celery odor that I cooked for the potato soup. The kids and I will be making cut out sugar cookies for Santa later this afternoon.

Hope everyone is enjoying the day with friends and family. A very Merry Christmas Eve to all my CF friends! [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Switched out to Sugar Cookie-Kountry Primitive

Cinnamon Cranberry Harvest-CFTKR

Is it normal for the kids to be driving me bonkers this early in the day???????????

They haven't even had any candy yet! Coal in the stockings-I swear!

Switched out to Sugar Cookie-Kountry Primitive

Cinnamon Cranberry Harvest-CFTKR

Is it normal for the kids to be driving me bonkers this early in the day???????????

[smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Oh yeah. I'm pretty sure it's part of the job requirements of being a kid. Mine sprung out of bed before dawn ready to go. That never happens on school days.

I miss the whole Santa thing......so magical when they are young...

Mine are now 31, 29, 17, 16. Love to look at the Santa tracker though.

Hi All! My Christmas dinner is all cooked! Yay! I made Beef Tenderloin, grilled asparagus, horseradish mashed potatoes, and a homemade loaf of French Bread. For dessert we're having a Christmas cake from the store. I was so nervous about cooking this $70 piece of meat that I cooked it ahead of time. I think it turned out wonderful and DH wont kill me for ruining a great piece of meat. We actually cut it in half and after Christmas will use the other half for filet mingon steaks.

This afternoon's melts are: Christmas Time and Santa's Kitchen.

Is anyone staying up late to get a head start on YC's after Christmas sale? I plan on picking up some votives. I'll be up late with DH putting together DD's new dollhouse from Santa. Boy, that man in red gets all of the credit. [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Hope your Eve is going well, everyone! I am still waiting for my son to finish his drive home, he has about 6 hours left. The big snow here has delayed Christmas for many - people stuck in the airport for 2-3 days with 800 flights cancelled over the past few days.

Guess we will do the presents this weekend when the arctic blast is over, just try to get everyone home safe and sound for now.

Melting:

Tuscadero's Blue Christmas

BITP: Santa's Workshop - need more next year!

Hi All! My Christmas dinner is all cooked! Yay! I made Beef Tenderloin, grilled asparagus, horseradish mashed potatoes, and a homemade loaf of French Bread. For dessert we're having a Christmas cake from the store. I was so nervous about cooking this $70 piece of meat that I cooked it ahead of time. I think it turned out wonderful and DH wont kill me for ruining a great piece of meat. We actually cut it in half and after Christmas will use the other half for filet mingon steaks.

This afternoon's melts are: Christmas Time and Santa's Kitchen.

Is anyone staying up late to get a head start on YC's after Christmas sale? I plan on picking up some votives. I'll be up late with DH putting together DD's new dollhouse from Santa. Boy, that man in red gets all of the credit. [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

LLVV, first of all....YUM! Secondly, when exactly does the YC sale begin? I figured it was the day after Christmas when they open, or does it start early online?

I hope everyone is having a merry Christmas Eve, and many blessings to all of my candle friends.. My 22 year old helped me put the sprinkles on my cut-out Christmas Cookies. I don't think they ever get too old to do this. I am melting Hot Christmas at the Cranberry's (like this scent) and just started White Christmas Wedding. I hope Santa is good to y'all.

Merry Christmas to all of you - Debra, hope your son arrives safe and sound and the rest of his trip will be uneventful. To any others who will be traveling, please be careful and return back to us in one piece. To Patsy, Christy & Ben and all of you that are not feeling well, my wish is that you feell be well enough to enjoy spending time with your loved ones. I know many of you are experiencing awful weather and while it is in the 60s here in Virginia, it still doesn't seem like Christmas. I have been making Lasagna all day for all of my inlaws. There will be 17 of us so the house will be full of love and laughter.

YC - Sparkling Cinnamon

GHBT - Festival of Lights

CFKR - Christmas Wish

NeNe's - O Christmas Tree - melter is hidden behind artificial tree. Boy, does that smell bring back loads of memories of my childhood Christmases long ago (before they had artificial trees!)

Guest Anonymous

Jules - your son is just too cute! Thanks for sharing.

LLVV - your dinner sounds fantastic! Love reading about all the yummy dinners you make!

Debra - sorry about your (too) snowy weather. Hope your son gets in earlier than expected so you can relax and enjoy the holiday.

Trep - love your new avatar! Does the little sweetie belong to you?

Also hope all not feeling up to par feel much better soon!

Will relight my GC holiday wreath candle soon. Getting ready for our big dinner, but just

wanted to stop in and wish everyone a Merry Christmas! It's been so much fun sharing my wax obsession with all of you. I hope each and every one of you has a wonderful day overflowing with joy! [smilie=th_a056] [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Yeah, mine are driving me nuts and they haven't had any candy or cookies, yet, either. Threatening to not open presents tomorrow hasn't worked so I put them to work vacuuming their bedrooms.

Going to melt Santa's Whisker's from Front Porch this evening. We just got back from giving a homeless guy a backpack filled with socks, a hat, gloves, a blanket, some food items, toiletries and a phone card. This is the second year we've done this and it's been a great experience for the kids.

We opened up our presents to each other around 5. I wanted at least one gift to be from DH and myself to DD. We gave her a Barbie Diamond Castle carriage. She's in love with it. DH loved his gift - a navigation system for his car. I love mine too - 2 Le Creuset pots. DH loves the pots too because he gets to eat what I cook in them. We're going to eat in a little bit. First we have to sprinle reindeer food on the grass for Rudolf and his friends.

Jason - the sale is usually posted online sometime around 10pm - 1am EST. One year it went up in the wee hours of the morning because I didn't see it until I woke up. Last year it was up around 10 pm. I just checked and no signs of a sale yet.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful evening with their families. Enjoy your Christmas Eve dinners and time spent with your families! Have a safe night!

Thanks for the safe travel wishes for my son...just a few more hours! I am a little sad and embarrassed to say that with the weather and the city being snowbound...I was never able to get a Christmas Tree! [smilie=th_f5a39fcb] We kept thinking the next day would be better and here were are on Christmas Eve, and well...I know you told me to get in gear awhile back, Jason and I should have listened! Who knew? :?

It is warming slightly tonight with another storm in the early am...maybe there is still a Charlie Brown tree out there waiting for us, if we can just get dug out of our driveway. Our son will be horrified if there is not a tree so we are keeping an eye on the thermometer. [smilie=th_a056]

Tonight is Front Porch: Christmas Hot Tottie

(I also love the kitty, Trep! And LL - I am jealous - I loved the Barbie stuff, but with sons...not much opportunity to play with it!)

Just got back from Christmas Eve service, and i am melting YC balsam fir and GHBT Christmas village. With a 16 year old there's no playing Santa anymore, but she did open her traditional Christmas Eve gift which is always new pajamas!

Yeah, mine are driving me nuts and they haven't had any candy or cookies, yet, either. Threatening to not open presents tomorrow hasn't worked so I put them to work vacuuming their bedrooms.

[smilie=th_f5a39fcb] Mine drove me nuts all day long today too!! The only threat that worked for me was to keep them in their rooms all day tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a wonderful, happy Christmas tomorrow, and a very Happy Hanukkah too to those that celebrate! I hope everyone who's sick feels better very soon, and those who are traveling this week get to their destinations safely (and with a minimum of aggravation!)

[smilie=th_a056]

I have been wanting to stop by all day to say hello to my very special CF friends. Things were so busy all day, right up until our company came. I figure it's never too late to say Happy Christmas Eve!

I hope everyone is having a great time tonight and that tomorrow is just as wonderful. I had a wonderful night with DH, my Mom and brother. My brother got me a candle making book! I was very impressed that he came up with the idea by himself....I thought DH might have put him up to it. Maybe it will be a new hobby for 2009. :lol:

I was melting LOL's Sugared Spruce all day. After dinner I switched to LOL's Eggnog Creampuffs. It's very light, but that's not such a bad thing with company over.

Turned off Red Apple Wreath, posting before bed. Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer I'm just going to share my day. A couple hours before church this evening my dog ran out of the house. He ran like mad and was hit by a car. My DH brought him home in tears and dead. Both children cried but the 10 yr old was devastated. We went through the comforting but he just wailed. His heart was broken and on Christmas Eve. I went to service they stayed home. We had punch ,made cookies, read The Night Before Christmas and Luke. I'm ready for bed. Taking down the dogs stocking as to not relive it tomorrow. Merry Christmas To All and To All a Good Night.

Cheryl

Cheryl- So, so sorry about your dear dog. That is always difficult and especially on Christmas Eve.

Debra, Hope your son arrives safely. I know how that feels. I always worry when the kids are driving.

Just wanted to wish all my Candlefind friends a very Merry Christmas. I am so glad I met all of you this year. It is great to be able to enjoy my obsessive wax hobby with all of you.

:lol: :P