The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

April's Addicting Aromas !

momuvtwo -

You know, the longer it's been on it's not as pleasant anymore. It's really more like blueberry muffins now, and not much lemon to speak of. Which is okay but it is REALLY strong. It was strong enough that when my son first came down the stairs he said it smelled like muffins but the closer he got to the melter he said it smelled more like - well, I won't say what he said :lol: But it does have an 'odd' twang to it. And, I actually just dumped it. It really is too strong (and I can't BELIEVE I just said that - since I never thought I'd meet a 'too strong' tart for me). I normally why away from anything that isn't rated 'strong' but this first melt from Front Porch makes me think the mediums would be just fine!

[smilie=th_Drglar] My sentiments exactly.

Lit CCCC Clear Skies for my blue today. ahhh nice.

We're getting ready to go to the kids' soccer game so I won't change out my burners until after we get home. Long Island Pastry is a little weak this morning, but still smells good. Hope everyone has a great day!

Guest Anonymous
mom and cyn - I have trouble with blueberries - a lot of them have an odd undersmell that is chemical, or plastic - even a recent simmer oil I used was great for about 10 minutes, then that smell started. And, that smell lingers...

I have the same problem with a lot of different blueberry scents. To me and DH after about two hours or so they start smelling like pipe tobacco to us. lol

Guest Anonymous
Tuscadero's purple rain got rained out...no throw...switched it to Tuscadero's orange clove!

I didn't get much from Purple Rain either, Dabba.

I'm having terrible luck this morning. Put in Front Porch Summer Garden - not a winner either [smilie=th_Drglar]

Then my CHC Homespun Sugar was a bust as well - nothing. No throw.

So, in went PI's Summer Bouquet downstairs, PI Fresh Linen upstairs, and Spotted Hog's Freesia in the office. I'm done for a few hours.....I don't care how weak any of these are, I'm not changing. We're headed off to the local farmer's market anyway, then my son's basketball game. I'm getting depressed over all the shopping and spending I do to end up with little that's really usable - wah.

Guest Anonymous

Okay, I still can't smell but I have the warmers all on. lol

Let me see if I remember...

Jade Candles Moonlight Path, Mookie Doodle Sweet Pea, Crosscreek Pink Sugar Cake and hmmmm one more..I forgot what it is. :X

Oh, lol Jade Candles green Apple. [smilie=th_Drglar]

Blueberry Muffin from Texas Scentsations turned on me after a while. I put in Tooty Fruity from Clifty Creek. Not much better.

Just switched out my living room tarts for the evening burn and I am using CYS Blood Orange Lime Fizz. This is a WOW scent and filled the room immediately. It is as if you took some 7 up and then added some lime juice to create the wonderful tartness and then add some orange slices to the glass pressing just enough to release the wonderful orange juice and release the scent of the inner rind. Not a bitter orange but a full bodied orange scent. Lime is predominant to my nose, but the orange is their to tame it very slightly. I very refreshing scent and I will be ordering more. Judy did a fabulous job on this one. [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Just cleaned out the melters and have YC Honeydew Melon going upstairs and down. The sun finally came out about an hour ago and it warmed up a lot so Honeydew sounded good to me. I went to the Yankee store today--had to return a tealight melter--it was the Cherry Blossom one--I couldn't get it to melt paraffin even using the stacking trick. I finally got it to melt soybeads but I figure for $14.99 and having to stack the tealights it should melt whatever I put in it. I returned it with no problem and got some tarts and a cute little birdhouse tealight holder. Also got a couple of birds and a bird feeder (decorative) to put on my entertainment center--I got those at Hallmark. All in all a great day. [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Just cleaned out the melters and have YC Honeydew Melon going upstairs and down. The sun finally came out about an hour ago and it warmed up a lot so Honeydew sounded good to me. I went to the Yankee store today--had to return a tealight melter--it was the Cherry Blossom one--I couldn't get it to melt paraffin even using the stacking trick. I finally got it to melt soybeads but I figure for $14.99 and having to stack the tealights it should melt whatever I put in it. I returned it with no problem and got some tarts and a cute little birdhouse tealight holder. Also got a couple of birds and a bird feeder (decorative) to put on my entertainment center--I got those at Hallmark. All in all a great day. [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Nice shopping day, trep! Enjoy your goodies! :lol:

I was also in the Yankee store today. Unfortunately the tarts are no longer discounted when you buy a certain number of them. I did pick up a crock melter. They told me I could return it if I didn't like it.

What a long day! We had several errands to run after the kids' soccer game. In the kitchen and living room I just put in Avocado and Cilantro from Soy Lovely. Nothing in the other rooms yet.

Wow trep - no scent even with stacked tealights? That is one bad melter! LOL!

Have on Beaded Hemp sample cube of wildflower, but can't smell much (I smell stronger than it does with all my B&B samples all over my arms!). Time to swap it out.

Crosscreek's White Peach. Its devine.

Also burning K's Kreations Island Holiday which has become a staple in my home. Will always have that one around. Think strawberry,mango,papaya with the teeniest amount of peppermint in there. Its perfect any time of the year. Also, Kathy from K's Kreations is a doll to work with.

I just received my first time ever Crosscreek order and melting all day long Green Tea Cucumber and love it.

In the other melter I just put Apricot Sorbet also from Crosscreek but don't really like this one.

Trying two scents for the first time tonight. YC Tahitian Tiare Flower in the LR and YC Brazilian Passion Fruit in the BR. Tahitian Tiare is too light for me and what I do smell is more perfumey than I expected. It's only ok to me. The passionfruit one is much better in the scent throw department and is has a nice, different fruity smell. I like it. It's always fun to try new scents, but there may not be an encore performance for Tiare.

Jason--I had the exact same reaction to those two Yankee scents and I thought it would be the other way round. The Tahitian one was just too perfumey for me burt I really like the Brazilian Passion fruit.

This morning so far I only have one melter going and it has Can Do's Lemon Wedges in it--I think this is going to be a true tart lemon scent.

Guest Anonymous
Crosscreek's White Peach. Its devine.

Also burning K's Kreations Island Holiday which has become a staple in my home. Will always have that one around. Think strawberry,mango,papaya with the teeniest amount of peppermint in there. Its perfect any time of the year. Also, Kathy from K's Kreations is a doll to work with.

Ditto on all counts! I have more Island Holiday on the way and Kathy is tops! K's has actually emerged as my go-to ordering site [smilie=th_76d65c2f]