The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

April's Addicting Aromas !

Just made some switch outs for the late afternoon, early evening burn. In the kitchen it is CCS Winter Candy Apple, in the living room it is TS Chocolate Amber tarts and BusyBee Warm Vanilla Sugar woodwic, in the bath tea light it is Apple Jack and Peel from Momma's tarts but I do not think hers are strong enough for me, in the comp room it is Banana palm wax melt from Contemporary Candles and in the Bedroom it is Lemongrass and Sage candle I am finishing up from A Zaftig Woman.

Beautiful day here and we are happy about that. :)

Guest Anonymous

I am switching out some of my tarts for the evening. The oatmeal, milk and honey now smells weird so that one is getting dumped and the fruit slices never gave off any scent at all.

I am putting a caramel cinnamon latte scent in one of them. Not sure about the other yet.

Hi everyone! I finally was able to get one of our computers away from the kids. I swear, even with 3 computers in the house, I still have to fight for one. LOL!

In the living room, it's chc's plumeria, and in my bedroom it's bizzy b's spiced cranberry.

I hope everyone is having a great Sunday! It's been raining since last night, but the sun has finally come out. It's so pretty now.

Me too, Heidi - if it's not the kids, it's DH! :)

Glad the weather cleared up for you - it's been very nice here this weekend with sun and temps in the 70s. Such a nice change from March!

Tonight I'm burning Lemon Bundt Cake from Cheryls, and a Key Lime Pie candle from Bella's. Nice springy scents.

Guest Anonymous

Let's see, today I went through Lemon Verbena (CHC) then PI's Orange Vanilla (nice but didn't last too long), K's Kreations Money Fa**s :) - Then Gramma Fran's Fruit Salad, then back to PI - Honeysuckle, back to CHC 's Lemon Verbena (different room) and now CHC's Lilac.....Whew! It was just one of those days.....I'm sure some of you can relate?

Guest Anonymous

Last night at home: Cross Creek's Blueberry Lemon Verbena. Loved it!

Today at work: Nene's Tea Party, one of my all time favorites. Perfect for a grey, rainy, dreary Monday!

Today, I picked Crosscreek's Blueberry Hazelnut Crisp...smells delish!

Have a nice day!

Guest Anonymous

I am going to go through all my wonderful bags of tarts everyone sent to me, and figure out which ones I'm going to put on.

I have been very sick so I haven't been on in awhile. I'm really stupid!! I did this diet from off the interntet loose 18 in 4 days. I was just doing it as a jump start, and then get back on Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig. It just about killed me! Don't ever do it, and tell everyone you know not to. It is a very bad diet. It sounded OK because you eat a lot of vegtables, and some fruit. Come to find out you don't even get 800 calories a day. I still don't feel normal, and my Dr. said it will be awhile before I do. I wish I could get it off the internet before someone dies if they haven't already. I have never felt so bad in my life!!!!

I'm still so weak I won't be going to work again today! I can't think, and my brain is foggy.

Have a fun tart melting day!

[smilie=th_blij40]

karla

Yikes Karla, how scary! I'm glad you're on the mend now.

This morning, it's yc's berry tangerine in my computer room. I tried to melt this one last night, but the tealight pooped out after just a few minutes (the first time I've ever had a wick move on me), and I didn't bother getting another one. So, I'm trying again this morning, and so far, so good. It smells fabulous! In my bedroom, it's bella bug boutique's tomato leaf. I know it sounds strange, but it has a really nice, fresh scent.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!

Karla - I'm sorry you are feeling so blah. Feel better soon.

I was out a bunch yesterday and didn't get to light a single flame. So today I am making up for it.

PI - OrangeVanilla

Nene's Blueberry lemon loaf

FMC - French Kiss pillar

BNC - Vaniglia de Madagascar pillar

YC - Canary Island Banana (2 votives)

CCCC - Pear jar

Voluspa - Yashioka Gardinia

YC - Vanilla votive

Good thing I'm by myself. This would be too much for my family.

Yesterday we had a long car ride and I actually was daydreaming and plotting out today's scents. Oh and I brought a JoJoelle scent list with me that I had printed out to read.

Some people read books...I read scent lists. wacko and loving it.

Guest Anonymous

Karla~ I hope you get to feeling better soon!! ((((Karla))))

This morning we are up early and melting some good scents!

Crosscreek Strawberries and Champagne, HoT Bubbly Vanilla, MDD White Tea & Ginger and CYS Tropical Iced Tea.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Monday so far!!

Karla, sorry this happened! Right now, Girlfriend, you need good solid protein and complex carbs! Get busy on lean turkey or chicken, even light cheese. Whole grain toast with a little peanut butter! For a few days, soup could be your best friend too, as long as it's not a real heavy creamy soup. Sorry, used to manage a weight loss center years ago and sometimes the stuff sticks. :lol: Hope you feel better!

This morning is Bella's S'Mores. Just got my first Bella order in on Friday,and while I'm very unimpressed with packaging and the look of each tart (tarts are discolored, crumbly, bubbly, and nearly all of the cup caps were cracked and floating around the box so most of the the tarts were uncapped... [smilie=HBday] ) the scents seem to be good so far, throw well, and are long lasting too!

[smilie=th_00000020]

Jewel

Wow, Karla, that sounds like a pretty intense diet! [smilie=th_00000020]

Today at work is my Root Wild Blackberry tin candle on the warmer. The wick kept drowning, so this is the answer to that!

Guest Anonymous
I am going to go through all my wonderful bags of tarts everyone sent to me, and figure out which ones I'm going to put on.

I have been very sick so I haven't been on in awhile. I'm really stupid!! I did this diet from off the interntet loose 18 in 4 days. I was just doing it as a jump start, and then get back on Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig. It just about killed me! Don't ever do it, and tell everyone you know not to. It is a very bad diet. It sounded OK because you eat a lot of vegtables, and some fruit. Come to find out you don't even get 800 calories a day. I still don't feel normal, and my Dr. said it will be awhile before I do. I wish I could get it off the internet before someone dies if they haven't already. I have never felt so bad in my life!!!!

I'm still so weak I won't be going to work again today! I can't think, and my brain is foggy.

Have a fun tart melting day![smilie=th_00000020]

karla

Karla - You poor thing. I wonder if this was the internet diet that actually was exposed on 20/20 a few months back. If so, it's a crime that it's still on the internet......I'm glad you're consulting a doctor. I actually did Weight Watchers, lost 68 pounds and have kept it off for 2 years now. I tried Atkins (bad idea), South Beach and some other various 'bad' diets before I finally realized you can't 'jump start' this kind thing. At least not nutritionally and safely. I'm pretty sensitive to these fad diets now and I think they should be banned as well. Feel better. Drink lots of water too, you're likely dehydrated and fluid depleted......

On to the scents - I am off to the school drop off run and the gym, and put in PI's Lemongrass Sage (not sure about this one, sounded better when I ordered it) and CHC's Rice Flower and Shea.....

Karla, I hope you feel better real soon. I started a new eating plan months ago which seems very healthy and is conducive to weight loss.I refuse to call it a diet because this is supposed to be a lifetime choice. After gaining over 50 pounds in the ten years since my last child was born, I had to put my foot down on the eating party. I did my research on diets, and also saw my father lose a lot of weight eating this way. It is similar to Atkins, but without the strict measuring and denial of all carbs. I eliminated all unnecessary carbs from my eating, such as potatoes, pasta, rice, and bread, but continue to eat green vegetables. I eat some protein with every meal, and can even have a thick juicy hamburger with bacon and cheese on it (but minus the hamburger bun).

No wonder I gained so much weight. I ate pasta and bread every single day !

There are a couple of very insightful books by Kathleen DesMaisons which helped me understand why I have gained the weight. If you have a history of craving carbs and severe drops in blood sugar that leave you shaky(hypoglycemia),you may be sugar sensitive. The light went off over my head when my doctor told me I was borderline diabetic. Since my mother is a bad diabetic, I am doing everything now to avoid getting diabetes.

The books are called

Potatoes Not Prozac, And,

Your Last Diet!: The Sugar Addict's Weight-Loss Plan

Truly very helpful.....and safe eating plans. My doctor gave it the thumbs up. You have to make a decision to eat this way for life. If you absolutely need the pasta, rice or bread, then you can have 100% whole wheat. You should also lay off too much fruit as it has a lot of sugar.

Here are the reviews on Amazon.com if you want more info.

http://www.amazon.com/Potatoes-Not-Prozac-Solutions-Sensitivity/dp/141655615X/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1208793702&sr=1-1