The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

April's Addicting Aromas !

Had YC Patchouli candle in Bedroom and Cheryls Yuca melt in Lvg rm. This darn candle no matter what I do will not burn right. I have scrapped out wax, used illumi-lid, you name it. Its more than tunneling. I usually dont pay full price, but I did on this one, even had it sent, so had shipping charges also. I t was so low inventory on getting it, so I bought two. Hope the other one is better, too expensive for this. It has a nice scent throw, if I scrap it for awhile. Need to change melt as it was from yesterday, no more smelly. Will light cheryls Fruity Patchouli candle (love the scent) and try a yc melt, as I havent done those for a while.

Do you have a Yankee store anywhere near you? You may already know this, but if not, Yankee gives a 100% guarantee for all of their products. If you aren't satisfied, take them back - even if they are half burned - and they will refund your money with a receipt. If you don't have the receipt they will give you full credit for something else. I've used their guarantee several times when I have had a problem with a candle. They are so expensive that the guarantee makes it worth giving them a try. In fact, I recently returned a candle that smelled great cold in the store, but after burning it about an hour, it stunk! At least in my opinion. BTW, it was "Dune", one of their new summer scents.

I don't think they will refund the shipping, but thankfully, Yankee shipping is not too bad.

Interesting Deezee - I was wondering about that scent. No good, eh? :)

Tonight is a rehash of Clifty Creek's glazed pears and I am too pooped to start up anything else. [smilie=th_blij81]

Debra ~

You might like it, of course. I found it refreshing on cold sniff, but it became "irritating" to me after burning awhile. I'm not all that crazy about citrus type scents and although I could certainly detect it cold, it was far more powerful heated and I think that's what I didn't like about it.

I'm beginning to think I'm not a good one to ask about scents. I tend to dislike some of the more popular scents, it seems, yet I really like some that a number of people don't care for.

So... if you like citrus, you will probably really like Dune. Try the tart first. That's what I usually do - except for this time, of course!!

Good evening everyone. Welcome to the forum, Aria!

Deezee, I'm like you, I usually try the tart first before I buy the candle. Haven't tried Dune Grass yet, but am anxious to try the tart. Will be picking one up on my next trip to YC. I know you and Trep didn't care for it, but as you say, everyone's noses are different.

Tonight it is cooler out, so I decided on some cozy vanillas. I have LOL's Vanilla Nut Bread in the living room and YC's Vanilla Cupcake in the bedroom. LOL's is melted and smelling nice. Still anxiously waiting for the YC to melt, although I know it'll be great as always.

Good morning!

Staying with Pina Colada wickless candle from CandleDippers - this is really pretty good. A sweet pina colada with a strong scent throw.

Orange from Texas Scentsations.

Not sure about work.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Jason and Deezee--On that Dune Grass scent--my family really liked it. I liked it better than I usually do those type of scents but after awhile it bothered me. Like you, dee, it was OK cold but the hotter it got the worse I thought it was, but the family didn't agree with me.

It always amazes me the differences in people's noses. Yesterday I had EP's new Caribbean Coconut--I loved it and so did my husband but my son said it made him nauseous. Hard to believe, but scent perception is definitely a personal thing.

As for Yankee's return policy--you can even harden up a used tart and return it for a refund. I figure you can't beat that. I don't usually do that but will return jars I don't like.

Guest Anonymous

Okay, even though I swore off of them, you are all seriously making me tempted to take a little field trip to the Yankee store this week.......

I've got Tuscadero's Graham Crackers going for work this morning...I'm trying to get through my T's stash since the last 50-tart order I got was all for sets of the round tarts and while I LOVE Tuscadero's tarts, I don't care for the large cellophane bags the multiples come in (it's noisy digging through the basket and takes up too much space), especially when there is only one tart left in some of the bags....next time, clamshells [smilie=th_blij81]

I got my PI order yesterday so definitely something from there going in the main melter when I'm done working......Have a great morning!

Okay, even though I swore off of them, you are all seriously making me tempted to take a little field trip to the Yankee store this week.......

I've got Tuscadero's Graham Crackers going for work this morning...I'm trying to get through my T's stash since the last 50-tart order I got was all for sets of the round tarts and while I LOVE Tuscadero's tarts, I don't care for the large cellophane bags the multiples come in (it's noisy digging through the basket and takes up too much space), especially when there is only one tart left in some of the bags....next time, clamshells :)

I got my PI order yesterday so definitely something from there going in the main melter when I'm done working......Have a great morning!

I had Tuscadero's Honey Graham crackers going all day yesterday. It certainly had a great throw. I was melting a 1 ounce tart cup. Great scent too! I prefer the 1 or 2 ounce cups versus a bag of 3 or 4 as well, especially if I am testing a scent. I have had many Tuscadero scents that I really love, but I have had many that were just okay, not re-orders, so it is better for me to try first with single tarts. This latest order from Tuscadero's has had a bunch of winner scents for me... [smilie=th_blij81]

I've got the place to myself today. What do I want to smell? This is so exciting.

;)

It was hard to choose this morning.

I'm going with my new PI First Bloom candle.

YC Juicy Orange in the kitchen

Full Moon French Kiss in the living room

all candles this morning.

trep - I envy your Starfruit and Orange YC. I so want to try that one. I am trying to hold out for the summer accessories. I'm in the market for a sandcastle something or other.

Ooooh, Julie, I'm so jealous you have your home to yourself today. With 4 homeschooled kids running around, that doesn't happen around here very often. Enjoy your day!

Well, I've come down with the mother of all colds in the past 2 days. I swear, I sneezed more yesterday than I did all last year. Ugh! But, at least my sniffer is still working, although it's not quite up to par. I have can-do's lavender silk here in my computer room, and it still smells amazing. This is the 2nd tealight. Even with a funky nose, it smells nice and strong.

Have a great day, everyone!

Thanks Heidi,

Candles are great when there are no little ones home to blow the wax all over the wall or make a kleenex campfire. (it's happened).

;)

Lavender silk is in my Can-do order from yesterday's sale. I can't wait to try it.

I'm sorry you're not feeling well today.

Kleenex campfire! :P :) OMGosh, that sounds like such a little boy thing to do. I'm surprised mine haven't decided to try that out yet.

My 3 eldest children are boys....give it time!!! ;)

;) Good Morning everyone! Thanks for the nice welcome!

Wow, lots of early risers here! Lots of laughs too! :P

Today I have decided to melt Bit O` Honey from Bella Candles N Tarts.....I got one of her grab bags last week and this one was in it...although I am usually not fond of honey scents, this one smelled pretty good when I pulled it out of the little baggie....I just put it in the melter a few minutes ago, so I will wait and see what happens.....

Hope everyone has a wonderfully scented day! :)

Good morning all,

This is my Friday since we're heading off to California for a 4 day weekend tonight, and my husband will be home today as well, finishing up his week doing reports from home as opposed to going into the office.

In retaliation for his April Fool's Prank (see Off Topic Board) I have decided to melt Nene's Belgian Waffles on my desk this morning. The man is crazy about waffles, and I'm sure this scent will sufficiently drive him crazy when he realizes he will have to settle for Fruit Loops. :)

;)

Jewel

Guest Anonymous

Welcome Aria to our group! ;)

I have on Hazelnut Coffee this morning, and it smells so good.

Have a fun melting day today everyone!

:)

karla

jule--Hopefully there will be some neat sandcastles in this beach stuff that Yankee is getting. I imagine there would be as I guess the beach theme is their big summer one this year. That Starfruit & Orange is wonderful. It makes the house smell so fresh. I love it. Hope you can try it out soon.

Mornin'!

That starfruit sounds so yummy!

Jewel - ;)

Today will be MeMe's Country Store: Apple Jack n Peel at the office

Thanks for the well wishes. Three out of four of my kids are coming down with the darn cold, too. Hopefully this will be a quick one.

I also just started yc's autumn leaves in my living room. This is one I've been really looking forward to trying out.