The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

April's Addicting Aromas !

Fleur: I'm sorry, I missed your question in the end of the March thread about Lemon Starburst Martini. I would've responded sooner :P

Yes, it does smell like Lemon Sugar (I believe that someone told me it is actually the same oil, just a different name).

I also got Lemon Meringue Angel Cake from Nene's as a sample, and I just LOVED it! I will definitely re-order that one myself; might be another for you to try, too.

Again, sorry I missed the originial post!

Thanks Beth. I think I will put both those scents on my list. I am almost due for another Nene's order... [smilie=th_51991986]

... about April Fool's Day... my kids usually rubber band the kitchen sink water sprayer, so when the water is turned on the person standing at the sink gets soaked... ha ha... I have fallen for it several times... I am on the lookout today :P

By the way, still melting Tuscadero's Honey Graham Crackers, nice!

Wow, all ready April! I am in the mood to play a joke on someone, just haven't decided what it is or to whom it will be directed yet. :P

Today, I have my YC Good Morning candle burning in the kitchen and I just put on Pineapple Upside Down Cake from Things That Make Scents in the living room. Everyone have a mischievous day!

I also wish you all a Happy April!

Remember cyn, the giant peach? Well, you think I would learn...today it turns out that I am the giant coconut. Sheesh.

All coconut bath and body products, and then without even thinking, I started melting my Deena Lynn's Cocomango in my office... Heads are turning my way when they walk by my office. :P

I am a lazy girl today and just reached for the closest tarts. I happened on Cucumber Cantaloupe-MB,Japanese Pear-MB, and Pina Colada-Cobblestone

I am a little fruity around here!!!

Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:50 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They should rename the brand of this Pineapple Upside Down Cake tart to Things That Don't Make Scents. I can't smell it at all!

[smilie=th_BringItOn]

I had five YC Coconut Bay votives going yesterday and got nothing. Then today, I relit two of them just to clear out my votive holders, and voila I can finally smell coconutty goodness. What's up with that?

Sorry about the Pineapple flop.

Guest Anonymous

So April is here already....today I am melting Spiced Waffles & Caramelized Apples from Crosscreek. Yes that is all one tart! It is a pretty good mix, not to spicy, not to sweet. I think this might be a keeper! Will update later. Have a great day everyone! [smilie=th_BringItOn]

Guest Anonymous

Had YC Patchouli candle in Bedroom and Cheryls Yuca melt in Lvg rm. This darn candle no matter what I do will not burn right. I have scrapped out wax, used illumi-lid, you name it. Its more than tunneling. I usually dont pay full price, but I did on this one, even had it sent, so had shipping charges also. I t was so low inventory on getting it, so I bought two. Hope the other one is better, too expensive for this. It has a nice scent throw, if I scrap it for awhile. Need to change melt as it was from yesterday, no more smelly. Will light cheryls Fruity Patchouli candle (love the scent) and try a yc melt, as I havent done those for a while.

Hello everyone....newbie here.....

Today I am melting Bella's Grandma's Zucchini Bread....love this scent a lot...it's one of my all time faves....whenever I don't know what to melt, I usually melt this scent.

Guest Anonymous

Hi Aria..Welcome to the forum.. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE that scent.. It is hands down my favorite Zucchini! [smilie=th_BringItOn]

Hello everyone....newbie here.....

Today I am melting Bella's Grandma's Zucchini Bread....love this scent a lot...it's one of my all time faves....whenever I don't know what to melt, I usually melt this scent.

Hi Aria, welcome... I love Bella's Grandma's Zucchini Bread. It is fabulous... definitely a classic... [smilie=th_BringItOn]

Went to the Yankee store today--heads up all of you who like a beach theme--in about 10 days the stores should have a large number of new accessories all in the beach/seaside theme. I saw pictures of some of the things and they are really nice. I know some on here have stated their baths are done in this kind of theme, etc. so thought I'd let you know.

Thanks for the tip, trep. I have a nautical theme in the powder room so I'm always looking for new accessories. [smilie=th_BringItOn]

Put in Nene's Cherry Flip Cupcake a few hours ago and it's yuuuummmmy. :P I'm going to be spending a lot of money on cakey scents, I can tell.

I told myself no more tarts for awhile. I obviously didn't listen to myself. I'm awaiting a very large Tuscadero's order, one from Bella, and now one from McCarley's. ACK! [smilie=th_ecd36868]

[smilie=th_BringItOn]

Jewel

Welcome Aria--glad to have you with us.

This evening it is YC Vanilla Cupcake, Glade French Vanilla, and Essential Pleasures Caribbean Coconut--this is a new EP scent that on cold sniff smells a lot like Yankee's Coconut Bay--will see how it is melted.

I was at the Yankee store today and was told that by the end of next week they should have a lot of beach/seaside accessories coming in. I know some of you on here have beach themes somewhere in your homes so thought I'd give you all a heads up.

Have a great evening all. [smilie=th_BringItOn]

Glad to be of help Michelle-- Hope they will have something that will work for you.

Be sure and ask to look at the Shell on a Stick--I know it sounds silly and frankly, looks silly from the picture. It is literally a stick with a shell on it. I don't know what it is supposed to be for but all of the clerks and I had a good laugh at the picture. I imagine in an arrangement it will look fine and pictures don't do things justice, but just the name tickles me for some reason. Nancy

For all you coconut lovers out there--I have found a good one--that Essential Pleasures new Caribbean Coconut is very nice. I love a good coconut but have a hard time finding it. It is like the YC Coconut Bay but stronger. I have coconut coming from K's Kreations and if I remember right it is good too but will let you know after the order gets here. It's been about 2 yrs since I had any of that one.

Guest Anonymous

I've had Monkey Toots from K's Kreations in the electric melter all day (well, she doesn't use 'toots' but I have to since I don't say the 'other' word [smilie=th_blij81] I haven' been home much but I"ve been letting it go because any minute now the brown truck will be by with my PI order.....I'm waiting to sample the new stuff to switch anything out....I love this one from K's though.....

I also wish you all a Happy April!

Remember cyn, the giant peach? Well, you think I would learn...today it turns out that I am the giant coconut. Sheesh.

All coconut bath and body products, and then without even thinking, I started melting my Deena Lynn's Cocomango in my office... Heads are turning my way when they walk by my office. [smilie=th_blij81]

OMG, too funny! You should have learned thru my mistakes. :)

They should rename the brand of this Pineapple Upside Down Cake tart to Things That Don't Make Scents. I can't smell it at all!

Jason, that's too funny! I've had a similar experience with several of their scents. Most of them just didn't work for me.

Welcome, Aria!

Tonight I finally settled on Florida Sunrise from Tara's. I love her bubble bar in this scent, but not sure the tart is going to get it. Also, for my blue picked out a wickless candle from Candledippers - Pina Colada. I think that's an interesting color for that scent. I'm curious now if she let you choose your color choice. I'll have to check that out tonight. Anyway, it has a good cold smell - hope it throws well melted.

Hope everyone had a good day.