The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
mpfand

Giving Thanks for November's Scents

Debra, I'm also sad to hear kitty isn't well. I know that our animals are a very real part of our families.

It's all pumpkins, all the time tonight! I have Sweet Pumpkin Pie from Crosscreek in the LR and since I enjoyed my two pumpkin candles in the BR so much last night, I'm doing an encore presentation. Smells heavenly!

debra... so sorry to hear your kitty is not well... will put some blue on today.... and for anyone else needing the blue, it will be on for you too.

Speaking of the blue.... I have a little mosaic tealight holder in shades of blue (I purchase this at YC just for burning the blue).... when I want to burn blue, I can use any color tealight or a battery operated tealight (the battery operated is good if I want it going for long periods since I do not have to babysit it).... it is my special "blue" container.

I know there are a lot of folks who have joined the forum recently.... if you want to read more about lighting the blue... go to Hodge Podge (look for the thread that Patsy started there).... it is the first thread... it explains the tradition. Just thought I would mention this here for anyone interested (if anyone else has mentioned this here... sorry for the double post... I have been so busy lately, I have not been able to read each and every post.... so I have missed a few things).

This morning I have Cup of Joe Pumpkin and Coffee With Santa going... both from Everyday Whims.[smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Guest Anonymous

Good morning! Right now I'm burning an Autumn Leaves candle from Pure Scents. I'll be out most of the day later, but as soon as I'm done with work I'm putting in Pumpkin Cheesecake from CHC for the little bit we're here before church today.

debra... so sorry to hear your kitty is not well... will put some blue on today.... and for anyone else needing the blue, it will be on for you too.

Speaking of the blue.... I have a little mosaic tealight holder in shades of blue (I purchase this at YC just for burning the blue).... when I want to burn blue, I can use any color tealight or a battery operated tealight (the battery operated is good if I want it going for long periods since I do not have to babysit it).... it is my special "blue" container.

I know there are a lot of folks who have joined the forum recently.... if you want to read more about lighting the blue... go to Hodge Podge (look for the thread that Patsy started there).... it is the first thread... it explains the tradition. Just thought I would mention this here for anyone interested (if anyone else has mentioned this here... sorry for the double post... I have been so busy lately, I have not been able to read each and every post.... so I have missed a few things).

Glad you remembered to post that, Fleur. I bet some would be puzzled to see "The Blue" mentioned and not know what it is. By the way, how do you like those battery operated tealights. That is a great idea and they look so cute when I see them online. I think I am going to try that for when I burn The Blue. I have a real nice cobalt blue votive holder I too bought for just that purpose.

Patsy

Good Morning...sorry about your kitty Debra...hope he starts to improve! Morning melts are YC buttercream, YC shortbread cookie, and NeNe's fall festival!...got a lot of family in town today for lunch...guess this is our Thanksgiving warm-up! [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Happy Sunday everyone!!

Today I am melting Soy Lovely's Red Velvet Cake..boy its super yummy!!

Hope you all have a wonderful day.. [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Patsy.... love the little battery operated tealights... the ones that I have are not the most realistic looking (mine are white plastic, with a white plastic "flame")... but once in a container, they flicker and create a nice ambiance (I usually use them in a container so that the unit can't be seen). I have larger battery operated pillars that are quite realistic looking (they are made from wax and the flicker is dropped down a bit with a realistic looking black wick).

These battery tealights are great for the blue... I just turn them on and I don't have to worry about a flame.

Hey fleur - how long do the battery operated tealights last? Can you change the battery in them, or do you have to throw them away when they no longer work? I've been curious about them, but I like to stay away from battery operated things as much as possible, since they seem to drain so quickly, and I feel like I'm constantly changing batteries. We tend to use rechargeables around here, so that helps, but I didn't have a clue about those tealights.

Good Morning, it's a beautiful day in Florida, sunny and cool. I'm burning two candles from Kathy Ireland, orange cranberry crumb cake and Iced oatmeal cookie. I also have melting from Can-do Iced Cherry Chip Cookies and from GHBT Mountain Air. Everything smells so good together as I walk through my house.

Hey fleur - how long do the battery operated tealights last? Can you change the battery in them, or do you have to throw them away when they no longer work? I've been curious about them, but I like to stay away from battery operated things as much as possible, since they seem to drain so quickly, and I feel like I'm constantly changing batteries. We tend to use rechargeables around here, so that helps, but I didn't have a clue about those tealights.

Heidi... on the bottom of the tealight there are three things written; on.. off... replace battery... so I guess you can replace the batteries... I have not had to yet... I got a "six pack" of these tealights. One went out already... unfortunately, I think I tossed that one thinking I would never find the right battery or that the battery would cost more than the tealight!... (wished I hadn't tossed it but I must have been in an ultra cleaning mode that day!)... anyway, the battery looks like it is the size of a dime. Not really sure how long they last... as I do not keep it on continuously... but I do not remember thinking that is was a short amount of time...hope that helps a little.

Good morning and happy Sunday!

Debra, I'm so sorry that your kitty is still sick. I'll light up my blue Blueberry Scone candle for your kitty!

Right now I'm melting Sugared Spruce, Apple Grove, and will be lighting up a votive for Debra's kitty.

Thank you, everyone, for the blues for my kitty. They sent her home with without a pain med and it really seemed to me that she was uncomfortable - that kitty hunching up position. So I drug out the old meds and doped her up a bit and now she looks more comfortable. She will drink, but still won't eat.

I am about cinnamoned out and we have a ways to go with these types of scents (totally a season-scent melter) so today I went as far off as possible: AromaSoy's Summertime fun.

Re-melting Pumpkin Corn Bread and added Pumpkin Spice, both from Cozy Cottage. These two blend together nicely.

Hi everyone. Today I have melting: Lemon Chiffon by VA Candle Co. I also have mellting: Spiced Apple Pecan by Carol. Hope everyone has a great day.

Susan