The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
mpfand

Giving Thanks for November's Scents

Debra, I melted Silver Bells and LLVV's description is right on the money. I actually don't think I liked it as much as I'd hoped. It had a very green note to it with some cedar or pine mixed in and a slight fruity note. It sounds odd, but it reminded me a bit of YC's summer scent, Fresh Cut Herbs. Wasn't as Christmassy as I like. Will melt the tart again, but the big jar is out of the running.

Tonight's melt is Chestnuts and Brown Sugar from CFTKR, which is very strong and smells just like Busy Bee's version. Convinced it's the same oil. I love it. Also, the candle fest continues in the BR tonight with Autumn Leaves and Autumn Wreath, which smell great together, btw. Gotta use these candles up by Thanksgiving!

Good morning! I just finished off Moose Trax and will be lighting up Carol's super delicious Banana Walnut in a little bit. Downstairs I have her Sugar Milk melting. It smells wonderful in here today.

Today and tomorrow are going to be nice days so I think I'm going to buy some new Christmas lights and get started on decorating the trees outside before it gets cold in a couple of weeks. We traditionally light up the house on Black Friday. It's so much work to put up the tree (ours is an old fashioned one that as to be put together branch by branch) and put the lights up outside that I want to enjoy them for a while. Most of our neighborhood is like this so we wont look odd with the lights on right after Thanksgiving.

Helllo fellow wax lovers!

This morning I am melting Autumn Magic from Almost Country.....it is the same scent as Carol's version and I love it a lot.

LLVV, I am going to work on our holiday lights today too. We have a polar bear we put out on our front lawn and I need to check and make sure he is going to light up! LOL. He is really cute and he sports a red and green scarf! We got him on sale a few years ago and sometimes he needs a couple new lightbulbs because they burn out for some reason. He's a little high maintenance...lol.

Oh yeah, I am also burning an Illume pillar in Pomegranite this morning....I've been burning it on and off for almost a year and have finally decided to finish it up....it's not got far to go!

Have a great day!

Good morning! I had another sick kid over the weekend, so my house needs some good scents. In the kitchen is cranberry orange crumb cake from kathy ireland (candle), and sleigh bells from keona here in the computer room. I need to get the other melters going after I finish my coffee.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Heidi: It seems like with the kids th bug always makes the rounds. Hope you can fight it off, cause moms can't be sick as we all know Take good care, . [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffee] :lol: [smilie=th_lavarepiatti]

Heidi-I hope everyone in your house feels better soon!

I just got started with melting. I have CH Vanilla Caramel in 3 melters. I had to take a break from the Fall scents. I still have quite a few. I gave some away to my SIL the other day. She melted one so far. Loved it! She did not remember the vendor but was strictly a YC tart burner. She wants me to send her a list of etailers to try.

:lol:

Good luck Heidi, hope the bug clears the house soon!

Thanks, Jason, with a name like 'Silver Bells' I had no clue what to expect. Tarnished silver is not a good smell, LOL!

Today is a sample that has no vendor name - Iced Cherry Chip Cake.

Good morning! I had another sick kid over the weekend, so my house needs some good scents. In the kitchen is cranberry orange crumb cake from kathy ireland (candle), and sleigh bells from keona here in the computer room. I need to get the other melters going after I finish my coffee.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Heidi, seems like your really lovin those Keona tarts. I don't care for them. I chucked some, but I do have a xmas sampler put away. Email me your address and I'll send them to you. Hate to have them go to waste. Linda

thriftwayauto@aol.com