The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
mpfand

Giving Thanks for November's Scents

Good day, everyone. Today I have on Autumn Leaves from YC and Cranberry Apple Marmalade from Almost Country from a lovely CF buddy! Hope everyone has a great day! BTW, my Hansel and Gretel tart never was very potent. I thought I read alot about how strong it was around here. Did anyone else find it not very strong?

Hi everyone-Melting some apples in the house today:

Apples and Maple Bourbon-Illuminescents

Green Apple Pucker-Blue Gecko

Green Apple and Caramel Crunch-LOL

Jason, I thought EW's H&G was way strong, almost overpowering. We must have gotten different batches.

I'm just now starting the first melt of the day. Unbelievable. I just lit the tealight under Cozy Cottage - Nutcracker Suite. I've been wanting to try this one. Cold sniff is good and interesting. Here goes.

Hey everyone; I'm just now getting around to melting today- it's CHC First Snow in my living room, Carol's black magic in my bathroom and EW blue sugar type in my kitchen( very nice.) I am so glad to be back home and last week behind me.

Good day, everyone. Today I have on Autumn Leaves from YC and Cranberry Apple Marmalade from Almost Country from a lovely CF buddy! Hope everyone has a great day! BTW, my Hansel and Gretel tart never was very potent. I thought I read alot about how strong it was around here. Did anyone else find it not very strong?

Jason, I had the same problem...I loved the scent but mine was very weak...I thought it was the burner I was using!

Changed over to Oatmeal Raisin Cookie from Nene in the kitchen, Country Berry Hotcakes from Angel Made Scents in the den. It really smells good in here! [smilie=th_ecd36868]

Guest stardustgirl

I'm glad others have said their Hansel and Gretel was weak because I was thinking it was just me! The other melts from EW are strong, and I kept reading how great H&G was... and I wrote it off as a dud.

I have B&BW Winter Candy Apple fragrance oil in my bath, and a half dozen votives from Chander Lane in Gingerbread in here. I missed my votive holders... they'd been packed since August!

I've also got the Gold Canyon Mulled Harvest jar lit, but that's mostly to see what it does. After the first 3 burns it started having troubles. The wicks barely have any flame.

[smilie=th_ecd36868]

Guest stardustgirl

Jason & Maggie - I emailed Riss to see if she's still tweaking H&G's House, or if it was just a bad batch. I know she's still working on some of them since I ordered some of the sample scents (and OMG that Cotton Candy really wants me to chomp into it).

I really liked it scent-wise, but wouldn't re-order it because it was too light. Unless it turns out that was a bum batch (fingers crossed!)

Jason & Maggie - I emailed Riss to see if she's still tweaking H&G's House, or if it was just a bad batch. I know she's still working on some of them since I ordered some of the sample scents (and OMG that Cotton Candy really wants me to chomp into it).

I really liked it scent-wise, but wouldn't re-order it because it was too light. Unless it turns out that was a bum batch (fingers crossed!)

Star- I hope so too! [smilie=th_ecd36868]

For this evening it's Cinnamon Nutmeg from CFTKR and in another melter Crosscreek's Coconut Cream Pie.Both are really good.

I'm melting Carol's Holiday Relish. If you're looking for a great cranberry scent without any spice or bakery notes, then you'll love this scent. It's her best non-spicy, non-bakery cranberry. Of course, I love all of her cranberry scents.

I wish I could had eaten cranberry relish for dinner instead of what I made. It came out disgusting and I'm trying to figure out how to fix it so make it edible for lunch tomorrow.

Have a great night!