The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

August's Amazing Aromas

Pie Crust from Hodge Podge upstairs in the loft and Blueberry Scone from YC in the kids' bedrooms. This is probably the strongest YC tart I've ever melted and it's what I call a "crowd pleaser". I don't generally like blueberry scents, but this one is great!

Guest stardustgirl

I just put on Shortie's Eucalyptus Spearmint. I'm hoping it's THE one.

Tonight I'm melting YC Evening Air.

Good luck to everyone in Florida, hope Fay just passes you by.

Hope the storm blows over without too much bluster!

Scents are sounding good tonight. I put Chocolate Gravy and Chocolate Amber in the girls' rooms tonight. Smells nice up there-it almost hides the clutter!

Night all-be safe!

I'm melting CBV Orange Vanilla Coffee. Not too much coffee in this one, but it does smell good.

Chocolate Gravy was earlier Cat, and it aroused by curiousity when I ordered it. It lasted a long time, but I really prefer a more lucious exquisite type scented chocolate.

This Orange Vanilla Coffee is good, but it isn't 'the" coffee blend I am in search of.

Hope everyone stays safe as Fay passes by!

Linda's Candles - Ginger Lime. Nice, but too light.

LOL - Freckles. Love this! Fresh and clean, a bit floral. Great throw without being overwhelming.

LOL - Grapetastic. This was a good grape. Strong.

Lemon Bay - Blueberry Honeysuckle. This smelled like burning wax and plastic. The shrink wrap was getting melty, so I think that changed the smell of the tart. Blech!

It is a beautiful morning here in the Northeast... crisp and clean... wonderful sleeping weather last night... windows open and cool...

The dog and I had a wonderful walk early this morning... sun just rising... truly beautiful [smilie=th_idontknow]

Having my morning cup of tea, checking my mail and reading the threads from yesterday.. I just put on Busy Bee's Amish Friendship Bread...

I hope everyone has a wonderful day... for those who live in Florida... stay safe!

Wow Fleur...that sounds great! I started the morning with vineyard from YC...didn't get any throw from this one, so i switched to Can-do country store. [smilie=th_idontknow]

Good Morning All, Every thing is fine here still some rain and winds but the worst is over. No damage. Now to get through 31/2 more months of this.

Today I started a bunch of different tarts, in kitchen I have from Cottage Hill Maple Sugar. To me it smells like her apple pie. Its nice but I was expecting a maple fragrance. In the living room I have Southern Sensation and in dining room I have Vanilla Grapefruit. I will give these a while to see if they mix well together.

Fluer- I'm envious of you i grew up in Vermont and I love this time when the morning and evenings are cool but the days are nice and warm. My favorite months are Sept. and Oct when you can feel the crisp air and leaves are starting to change. Wish I was there now.

Beautiful morning here too [smilie=th_idontknow]

Melting Southern Sensation from CHC. Very pretty and citrusy.

This morning I am melting Angie's Celtic Grogg......smells fantastic cold. I have really enjoyed several of the scents I ordered from Angie's and am thinking about taking advantage of her current sale to restock my faves.

Good morning! My father-in-law just left after being here since Sunday night, so I'm slowly getting things back into my regular routine. He was a godsend, though, as he fixed a bunch of our plumbing problems. He's not a plumber, but is a fabulous handyman who is good at figuring things out. We now have 2 bathrooms for the 6 of us, instead of having to share 1!!! [smilie=th_idontknow]

So far, it's mulled cider from mainstays in the kitchen, and a walk along the shore from mookie doodle in the computer room.

Have a great day, everyone!

Heidi - I love it when things get fixed. Glad you have a handyman in the family!

Hope the next few months of storms pass you all by!

Today is a cold and rainy one, so I have BricBrac from Mama's Country Shed - a spicy autumn melt that is getting thumbs up in the office. (Using 1 cube from a clamshell and a 17w plate - just the right amount of throw.)

Decided to bring those vanilla tarts (that smell like nothing that I purchased off ebay from

Almost Country Tart Warmers Etc) to work today to see if anyone here could smell them in this small office... i've had them in the wamers since 8 am and its 12 noon and there is absolutely no scent to them. I wanted to make sure it wasn't just me. She is sending me a replacement bag but insisted that it is just me and not her tarts. I bought several big bags of tarts from her and haven't had anything good from any of them. The only thing I got from her that had any smell at all was lick me all over in the clam case and it didn't last long at all. I HATE THROWING MY MONEY AWAY ON GOOD FOR NOTHING TARTS! [smilie=th_hmph]

I had some tarts from here and they were very strong. I wonder what happened? [smilie=th_idontknow]

I don't know unless she just didn't make them strong enough. The lick me all over scent was good but didn't last very long. She is sending me a sample bag of different scents. I hope they will be strong.

For this evening I put on Grandma's Homebrewed - Yacht Club.

Here are my impressions for Momuvtwo.

This is my first melt from GH. I am really impressed. This scent is a clean fresh spa type scent that is strong enough to enjoy yet not too overpowering like some fresh ones can be. Scent throw seems to be pretty steady so far. I will definately place another order here in the future and this scent will be on the list.

Thanks for posting! I was curious about that scent. I think I'm fairly impressed with Grandma's stuff overall, and might do another order myself.....I had her Twigs and Berries on earlier and it did quite well and the quality does seem consistent from one scent to another, from what I've melted so far.

Yacht Club is so strong and fresh. Everyone here at the office loves it. I got the 16 ounce candle and tarts in that scent and they are both excellent!