The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

August's Amazing Aromas

Today is Kondash - Clover, and BoutiqueCandles - Cinnamon Vanilla.

Grr - I am still chasing the scent around the house. Lately it is heading to the back of house where no one goes! Phooey. Off to move the melters...again...

Candle Haven's Jamaica Me Crazy... :lol:

Cheryl... I would exchange the candle for the same scent if you can (maybe it was just a bad lot).... otherwise display it proudly and melt something else... they must have been so proud when presented that to you.... so sweet!

Trep- sorry for getting back to you so late on the Cobblestone Tarts. I got two scent choices the last sale they had. Spicey Apples & Peaches I love this one and it lasts through almost 3 tealights. It smells like apples and cinnamon and then you smell a faint peach. Cobblestone tarts are a really smooth burning tart. I never get that waxy or burned smell. The other scent I got was Pumpkin Crunch cake. It's also a very nice scent strong on the cake smell. This one does not last as long as the other but I think its because of the cinnamon. I really like Cobblestone stuff.

Today I'm melting Tuscaderos Indian Harvest (very nice). Pure Integrity Vanilla Almond (LOVE IT) and Melissa's Mulled Cider.

Kathy

Today I'm melting French Market by Candle Haven, Refreshing by K's, and Lily of the Valley by PI.

My youngest just started preschool and is busy for 2 1/2 hrs.....this feels so weird, I don't know what to do with myself!

Clean? Scrapbook? hmmm..

Tiffany... It feels weird at first... but you will be able to get so much done in 2-1/2 hours... you will be amazed... I hope your little one had a great first day in preschool... and I hope you enjoy a little time for yourself!

I am waiting for my baby to come home from his first day of high school! I can't believe he is old enough to be in high school... boy time flies!

Guest Doe

So far Amish Quilt from GHBT - only used one cube in my 20 watt and it is giving me a really nice throw for the last 3 1/2 hours.

Tiffany, my DD started preschool last year. My advice...rest and do nothing or do something that will relax you. As a mom of a child of similar age, I know how busy you are. This is YOUR time. My rule is that when DD is in school I don't do any chores. No cleaning, no cooking, no laundry, etc. Basically, no work. Use this as your "off" time to have fun and relax. Trust me, it will make the terrible 3 moments seem so much easier.

This afternoon:

HoT - Ice Cream Parlor

right here at my desk

CBV - Surprise candle

FM - Jamaican Spice pillar

Ciircle E - Hill Country Bluebonnets in the loo

Barn - Special in th other bathroom

I just received my order from Carol. I bought mostly new scents with a bunch of old favorites that need replenishing. First up are Frost on the Pumpkin and Baked Vanilla Crunch. I have to go out for a little bit so I'm going to start the melters when we get back.

Trep- sorry for getting back to you so late on the Cobblestone Tarts. I got two scent choices the last sale they had. Spicey Apples & Peaches I love this one and it lasts through almost 3 tealights. It smells like apples and cinnamon and then you smell a faint peach. Cobblestone tarts are a really smooth burning tart. I never get that waxy or burned smell. The other scent I got was Pumpkin Crunch cake. It's also a very nice scent strong on the cake smell. This one does not last as long as the other but I think its because of the cinnamon. I really like Cobblestone stuff.

Today I'm melting Tuscaderos Indian Harvest (very nice). Pure Integrity Vanilla Almond (LOVE IT) and Melissa's Mulled Cider.

Kathy

No Problem, Kathy--thanks for the info. I like Cobblestone tarts very much but had never tried the two scents you mentioned--sounds like something I would like so will check it out. Nancy

I have been running around town all day with one thing or another so just changed out the melter to Yankee French Vanilla--love this one--and a Black Raspberry Vanilla candle from Huckleberry Layne. These candles from HL are the absolute best I have ever had. They are only $5 for a half pint jar and I bought one of the primitive tin shades and they burn completely clean--no smoke and no maintenance. I have never had candles as good as these. The scent throw rivals that from tarts. Love them.

Happy birthday to your son, Nancy! Wow, 32! I can't imagine. I thought it was nuts when my dd turned 12. Time flies by soooo quickly!

This afternoon, it's mum from the dollar tree in my bedroom. I just made brownies, and the scent has pretty much taken over the house (Yum!!!), so I don't have any other tarts melting right now. I'm enjoying the brownie smell at the moment! :lol:

Happy birthday to your son, Nancy! Wow, 32! I can't imagine. I thought it was nuts when my dd turned 12. Time flies by soooo quickly!

This afternoon, it's mum from the dollar tree in my bedroom. I just made brownies, and the scent has pretty much taken over the house (Yum!!!), so I don't have any other tarts melting right now. I'm enjoying the brownie smell at the moment! :lol:

I know what you mean, Heidi--it seems to me that it is ME who should be 32 LOL--anyway, don't you just love that mum scent? I think it is one of the best ones from the dollar store. I love it when I find something cheap AND good. :cry:

Happy Birthday to your son trep!!

Heidi, now you made me hungry for some brownies :lol:

but I'm on a diet :cry:

Melting Pumpkin Crunch Cake from Carol. It smells delicious!

Sharon

I hope everyone, (kids and parents!) are going to have a great school year. Seems odd to not be paying attention to the September calendar this year after so many years of kids in school and college. It is sort of a bittersweet feeling! :lol:

This afternoon I am still melting Boutique Candles, now Mango Pear.

Trep, I think I am going to have to try those candles...getting ready to change my melters to twigs n berries from Grandma's homebrewed tarts. :lol:

I think if you try them you will be very happy. These are the first candles in a long time that I've even bothered with. They really put out the scent and burn so clean. I have only used them with the shades but I love them.

I've been cleaning and preparing food all day in preparation for out of state company tomorrow. Getting some "company" scents lined up. Tahitian Vanilla from Candle Haven for the downstairs and loft and Garden Rain from Mainstays for my daughter's bedroom, which is where our overnight guests stay. She will sleep in our closet, but it's large enough to fit a twin air mattress so it's not as bad as it sounds! Have a good evening, all.