The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

When the Scents Come Marching In

Hi everyone. Melting today: Spring Fling by OPT

The Cleaning Fairy by OPT, both of these were in a sampler last year. Don't have scent notes.

Mpfand, [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] hugs to you and your family.

Oh Michelle...I am so sorry to hear about your grandmothers passing. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] I am glad you have some wonderful memories...You and your family are in my prayers.

NMhoneybear: yeah i haven't had a good bowl of pho in a while. and yes i realize with candles... when you light it, sometimes you may smell nothing at all. but on cold sniff, smells so good. that Merlin's Forest you are melting sounds interesting. Where in Az are you from by the way? i had happy memories there back in 2014. really enjoy the southwest of America.

AmyJo: that seafood lunch sounds delish and that little island outing sounds so fun

mpfand: happy belated birthday to you! Im also sorry to hear bout your grandma passing.. sending my condolences to you and your family. xxx i see you're from N. Las Vegas.. was there in 2017. my host that i stayed with took me for a car ride to red rock canyon.. it was for an evening walk for her dog. would have loved to see more of Vegas and Nevada.

Debra- Sugared Apples sounds amazing, I love the YC one. Its one of my all-time favourites. Unfortunately it has been retired here in the UK, fortunately though, I have stocked up on loads of melts.

Good morning all,

Mpfand, I'm so very sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing. In a way I believe one person honors another when they pass on their birthday, kind of a reaching across time to say hello and goodbye.

On the way to the airport, more later. We went to the beach this morning and said "until next time" to all the seabirds. It was a good week. ????

mpfand, your and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Amy, back to the real world... <_>

Starflower - I love it when I am forward thinking enough to buy scents I like before they are discontinued!

Tonight it is Lilac Sensations - Blue Skies.

Greetings everyone,

We are home and achieving re-entry. Debra, you are right... Back to the real world... Laundry... But so good to see Clemmie and the dogs. ????????????????

I melted every day in Florida, but those were teeny little samples and upon return I am stunned to see just how much wax is in the drawers here. Where did all these melts come from? Did the fairies bring it while we were away? Surely, I did not order all of these (delicious) treasures.

This morning it's:

Dessa's Pineapple Freeze - from the Disney Sampler, a giftie from a dear CF pal, and this is wonderful. Pineapple can be quite different from the various vendors, can't it? - sometimes it is too syrupy - but this one is so fresh and creamy and ohhhhhh heavenly. Thank you my friend!!

And

Super Tarts The Vampire Sniffer - peppermint and melon - refreshing and strong, I love this.

I checked the budget and we didn't spend as much as we had budgeted in Florida, hurrah. So we are off to the Aquarium and lunch. ????????????????

Enjoy your Saturday all!

Good Morning!

Welcome back and Enjoy your day Amy! [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

This morning it's CFTKR Blueberry Vanilla Bomb from a sweet CF pal....omg...this is delicious! Thanks! [smilie=th_00000020]

Cafe Vienna Blueberry Cream by Ten Digit

Sprinkled SC Latte Coconut Cream Latte Blackberry Marshmallow Latte by SMT

Have a great day.

Hi friends

A belated Happy Birthday mpfand. So sorry to hear about your grandma.

Maggie, Is TDC still around?

Hope everyone is doing well. Any new orders here? I got some scent shots and a couple scoops from Hayden Rowe. First time trying them and really enjoying the few scents I've melted so far.

Melting right now...

FP - Tea and Cake

VCS - We'll Always Have Paris (trying to use up/get very little scent from vcs)

FP- Lemon Biolage Laundry (in the laundry/mudroom/catbox room)

[smilie=th_326db8b3] Have a great Saturday.

So sorry to hear about your grandma, Michelle. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Amy ~ Enjoy the aquarium and lunch! [smilie=yes]

Aria ~ Nice to see you. I’ve not tried Hayden Rowe. Glad you’re enjoying them!

Maggie ~ That Blueberry Vanilla Bomb sounds yummy. I was lucky to get an order in yesterday morning, but I didn’t see that scent. Blueberry White Cake did jump into my cart. [smilie=th_giggle]

SGA Lavender Zucchini

SGA Pink Coppertone

SGA Cannelloni

CFTKR Peach White Cake

Hey everyone, been out for most of the day so now just put Lavender and Coconut Milk by Darley Lama on. So relaxing.

Hope your day is going well, our clocks go forward tonight so I shall be back to 5 hours ahead of whoever is on the East Coast. ????️

Good evening!

Lavender and coconut milk is definitely relaxing, Sharon! [smilie=cloud_9]

[smilie=th_c032] Valerie! [smilie=th_23_32_7]

Hey Aria! Yes, TDC is around and completely different! They have harder wax and it has colors! [smilie=th_76d65c2f] Good to hear you like Hayden Rowe too! I think Susan is a big fan as well! I will have to buy some at some point!

Tonight is Ramble On Wax in the Velvet Lounge...Caramelized sugar, cedar, Tonka bean, patchouli, French Lavender, bergamot, mandarin & Blue Sugar. Exactly a year old...smelling so nice. Wish I could get more but she's been closed for a while. :( I think she may be OOB.

And SGA Beach Night Strawberry Summer Scoop in the workshop.

Goodnight all.

Maggie - that Beach Night Strawberry Summer Scoop sounds delicious.

This morning the clocks have gone forward, 9am here but feels like 8am and I should still be in bed *yawn*

Melters are on

Living Room - Frosty Moonbeams (Darley Lama)

Kitchen - Blackcurrant Jam Rice Crispy Treats (Darley Lama)

Hallway - can't remember the name but it's a laundry type, by Cleaves. Melted this for a few days now and there is still life in it.

Have a lovely day everyone

Hello everyone!

Sharon, glad you have Sprung Forward. That Blackcurrant Jam and Rice Krispy sounds delicious.

Maggie, the Ramble On Velvet Lounge with the blue sugar and lavender sounds beautiful. Your Spring Wreaths on your Etsy are gorgeous!!

Hi Aria, how are you? I would like to try Hayden Rowe as well. It's good to hear from you.

Honeybear, I'm glad you got a CFTKR order in! Life is too short not to have Carol's wax on hand. ????

Well we had a great day yesterday - the Aquarium was wonderful as always but very crowded as it was a rainy day. So nice to have the annual pass and just sail right in. The baby octopus ("Davy Jones") is indeed a little fellow and was hiding. Frankly I think they are too intelligent and reclusive for displays. Afterwards we went to a new-to-us restaurant in Covington, KY, the Hofbrauhaus, which features the good German cooking so popular in this region, and live polka music on accordion with sing-along. We had wurst, schnitzel, dark beer, and strudel, so all of my German ancestors were smiling. ????

It is lovely to melt whatever I want rather than the little samples which travel with me. Last night it was:

VCS Lavender Cream Cookie Monster - just beautiful and very soothing. I love Kirby's Lavender and her Cookie Monster so this is a slam dunk. From the Four Hearts Valentine's Collection.

And this morning it's:

L3 Lemon Poppyseed, Pina Colada, Vanilla Ice Cream - a scoop - fabulous, throwing all over the place, and so citrusy and creamy. Have I mentioned that I love L3? I believe there is an opening tomorrow, not to enable. *must keep busy*

Since we continued the general party theme yesterday, the laundry is staring at me and tapping its foot. I hope everyone has a peaceful Sunday! ????

Amy, I would have loved to see a baby Octopus! I wish he wasn't hiding from all of you. Too much paparazzi for those celebrities, I guess!

[smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet]

Starflower, good luck with your time change, I think we are finally adjusted to ours from a few weeks ago.

Honeybear, I am so glad you made it to Carol's sale! It was killing me to know she was open but not order! [smilie=th_smiley-crying] I have the disease bad, eh?

Today should be sunny, so more yard work - and maybe a little visit to a vineyard in the area...

Today it is Jammin' Rock Candy, CFOW

[smilie=The_Hi]

Debra ~ I think after all your hard work in the yard, you deserve a visit to a vineyard. [smilie=th_aa21]

Amy ~ Oh! I would have enjoyed hearing the accordion playing polkas! My dad used to play, and at my grandma’s parish picnics, we always loved to dance to the polkas. Thank you for triggering some fond childhood memories. :thwetkissf:

Sharon ~ Your scents sound scrummy! LOL Is that even a word? [smilie=th_confused3] If not, I think in the wonderful world of wax, it certainly deserves to be! [smilie=th_aa17]

Maggie ~ I never ordered from Ramble On, guess she decided to ramble on. [smilie=th_c61] Sorry, couldn’t resist. [smilie=th_ee29]

I’ve been on a SGA kick lately. That Strawberry Summer Scoop sounds good!

Michelle ~ Thinking of you and sending love and hugs.

Michele ~ Hope you enjoyed the wedding yesterday. Still recuperating? ;)

SGA Strawberry Noel Sugar Cookie Dough Bread

VRC Blackberry Twinkies Birthday Zucchini

Zeep Boulangerie ~ French macarons, sweet almond, and butter cookies

PL Lemon Melon Mint

Off today to get DH a new shirt and tie for the big awards ceremony next weekend. So proud of him getting an Intel Excellence Award. It’s such a big deal! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Hi wax peeps! I just had an entire post somehow go out into cyberspace! [smilie=th_Cry] [smilie=crap] It was quite brilliant too! [smilie=th_thlaughter] Giving it one more try...

Melting right now...throughout the house...

FP - Serendipity Marshmallow Birthday Cake (yummy + knocking my socks off)

VCS - I Believe in Pink/Hello Gorgeous (pink peppermint/strawberry mint marshmallow) getting a decent throw and will soon be done with this loaf from 2017)

Hayden Rowe - Duchess (herbal lavender + laundry) Very soft and pretty! Her scoops are the consistency of Vaseline. Easy to scoop! :toppoints:

Honeybear - I love polka music! Whenever I clean, I always have polka music playing! It's great! [smilie=th_th3de3a8c4] I'm 100% Polish, so it's in my blood! That strawberry blend from SGA sounds good. Congrats to your DH! :sSig_woohoo2:

Starflower I hope you survive the time change! You have quite a nice array of scents going!

Maggie - I'm going to check out TDC! I used to love them. Although, I really do like the dye free wax. Believe it or not, I can sometimes smell the dye in wax. Especially dark blue, purple and black!!!

Amyjo, your scents sound good too. Years ago, I never had much luck with L3, but have better luck now with her scoops. Her Donut Shop is really great. [smilie=th_snoopy]

Debra, I was able to do yardwork last weekend here in Michigan, but this weekend was cold again and we got a bit of snow last night. My poor tulips. How was the vineyard? [smilie=th_a056]

Okay we're about to eat! Have a nice evening! :flirtysmile4:

Hello Everyone!

I have had a very busy weekend.

I had a dinner on Friday night and we had a wedding last night. Had a wonderful time but I’m exhausted today.

Melting today Pink Sugar Lavender Coconut Cream Pie made by a wonderful CF friend. So so good!!

Debra-Enjoy the vineyard.

I did a little bit of wax organizing this morning. I’m officially out of room. Even wIth my new large storage cabinet I still have to find a place for some wax.

My husband helped me with making room in the closet and again I heard the comment about still not being able to melt all my wax in 20 years. Hope I can stick to my ban because I do agree with him.

DH is off tomorrow and will be leaving tomorrow night. Yay!!

Have a great evening all!!

Supposed to be napping... :rolleyes:

Sharon ~ Oh goodie! I’m glad scrummy is a word after all. [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Aria ~ I am 100% Polish, too! Love me some Pierogi, Golumpki, and Kapusta! [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] And those delicious Pączki with a nice cup of Kawa. [smilie=th_slider_hi5]

I’m going to tell Alexa to play me polkas next time I clean house!

I also had poor luck with L3 a few years ago. Tried a small order recently and the scoop sample she sent nearly blew me out of the house.

Michele ~ You mean you already filled up that new wax cabinet? [smilie=th_sSig_what] Glad DH is home for an extra day!

Still have my same scents going from earlier and SGA Pink Coppertone on day two. Plus, burning GC Sugar Cookie.

Have a good evening!!

Happy Sunday!

Thanks Amy! You are so sweet! [smilie=th_friends] So exciting about the baby octopus! Wish you got to see him though...glad you had fun at the Hofbrauhaus!! We used to have a German restaurant near here called Winkelmann's which looked exactly like a German Clock Tower...it was so nice. My husband and I used to go there in the old days!

Aria... [smilie=th_smiley_aaeq] Really?? You can smell the dyes? Wow! I've never heard of that!

Michele...You've been very busy but with all good things! That's Nice! I hope you can relax now and...Yes...you can stick to the ban! I believe in you!! [smilie=th_c2e41937]

Honeybear... :sSig_heeheehee: You are silly! [smilie=th_clap1]

Debra...hope you enjoyed the vineyard. [smilie=th_a056]

There's been a giant forest fire 45 miles away but the air has been acrid and hazy since yesterday. I smelled it before anyone knew what was happening...we had to close all the doors and windows. So far 10,000 acres of land has burned. It's so sad. Poor animals. I think they've almost contained it but not completely. I feel so bad for the firefighters when this happens....long days and nights.

Well...it's SMT Ultimate Sugar Cookie/Sweet Lavender/Marshmallow Cake

SMT Buttercream Drizzle Bread/Cider Lane/Cinnamon Strudel

WOW Wildberry Almond Pastry

Goodnight.

Morning!

Oh MaggieMae - those fires sound awful, hope they're all out now!

Debra - Did you go to the vineyard? Sounds exciting.

We've had a few days of lovely warm sunshine, today its back to being chilly. Not sure what to melt today. There's plenty of life left in the ones I put on yesterday or I might try something else in my other burners.

Here's a question... How many burners do you all have?

Living Room - 4 tealight Melters, 1 Glade electric, 1 YC Scenterpiece.

Kitchen - 1 tealight and 1 Glade

Hallway - 1 tealight and 1 Scenterpiece.

Bathroom - 1 tealight

Bedroom - oil diffuser

Sons room - oil diffuser.