The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

Love Is In The Air...And It Smells Wonderful!

Good Morning!

It’s another cold day here.

Laundry day here too.

We went to see What Men Want. It was just ok. Nothing exceptional. I feel like there aren’t that many good movies out lately.

Overnight melt was SGA Coconut SSA Sweet Lavender. This was good as always.

Melting this morning Iced Lemon Danish made by a sweet and talented CF friend and L3 Blue Exorcist which is just getting started.

Debra-Glad you were able to enjoy the snow without the problems.

Have a nice day all!!

Good morning! [smilie=th_blij51]

Sounds like a lot of us have a date with the washer and dryer today! [smilie=th_rk01_lavatricefare]

Melting a gift from a generous candle buddy, Strawberry Jam Mallo Fluff Pretzel from L3. Absolutely delicious; thank you! [smilie=th_a194]

[smilie=th_hello]

Mpfand ~ That L3 scent sounds amazing. Reminds me I started a cart over there yesterday, but then remembered my only order from her a few years ago was so unimpressive, 20-25 chunks that were only average throw-wise, and that was with plenty of cure time.

Michele ~ Sorry the movie wasn’t that exciting. With a title like that, I wouldn’t have expected much. [smilie=th_giggle]

Debra ~ I almost picked watermelon lemonade for my bedroom tart last night. But it was my last Super Tarts large cookie, and I couldn’t bear to cut it. A big part of my problem, is that if the wax is too cute or pretty, it’s hard for me to melt it. [smilie=th_pardon]

Amy ~ I think maybe you are talking about a different GC than I am. My candle is Gold Canyon, and they don’t need any curing. And I don’t recognize the GC candles Maggie is melting, so I’m thinking it must be another company.

Susan ~ Hope you slept well!

ST Berry Good Cookie

ST 28 Days Later ~ Blueberry Pumpkin Patch, Cake Batter, Vanilla Ice cream and Cranberry Preserves

ST Purge ~ Pine, Beechwood, and Pheremones

Homemade Boo Berry Vanilla Butter Fudge

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Well, the cookies are made and I need to stay out of them. That is not going so well! :blush:

honeybear, I tend to hang onto the pretties or the big ones. I don't like chopping them up. I am always glad when I have, but it is that first step!

Maggie, I wish that there was a way to know when someone was going OOB so you could hang onto the scent list until all your stash from that vendor is gone.

(Like this): Today's melt - Storybook Scents - Emily. Wish I knew the scent notes!

Good morning everybody,

Week 3/3 of travel and next week I hope, hope, to stay home. A little tired of airports... But gotta take care of the job. On a happy note, the security dog was extremely cute this morning. ????

Maggie, thank you for the WoW name. I haven't been melting long enough to have any favorite vendors go OOB yet, but I think that would be very sad. ????

Honeybear, you're right, the GC I was talking about was Goose Creek. I have, er, a few of their little wax disks and they smell great, but I haven't melted them yet.

Mpfand, yes, I have a standing date with the laundry most early Sunday mornings! Seems like I'm not alone! I do like to start the week with all that cleared away.

Michele, I'm sorry the movie was just average. I'm wanting to see A Star Is Born, has anybody seen that yet? If we talked about that already, forgive me... The poor brain...

Susan, I admire your dedication in taking care of people at all hours of the day and night. ????

Well last night I kept the Southbound Soda Pop Shop on because it was so strong and lovely. I'm bringing a selection of Golden Willow Waxes with me on this trip.

Enjoy your Monday, all.

Good Morning!

Amy- Hope your trip goes well. I did see A Star is Born and loved it!! Highly recommend.

Hi Susan-Glad you are getting to melt today and loving it.

Melting today Zeep Gimme S’More from the Cupcake Sampler. This has had a long cure time and it’s smelling great.

I was able to resist any orders yesterday.

Enjoy the day all!

Hi All!

It’s quiet here.

My Zeep melt wasn’t too strong. Very light. Thought it would have a better throw.

Put on CFOW The Mask. Not too strong either.

Oh well. Better luck tomorrow.

Good night!

Hello!

Just got back from the grocery store...thought it'd be crowded but I suppose since it was so late...everyone had come and gone. Slim pickings but I had no food so it was dire.

Debra...I agree 100%....you are melting one of my favs...Storybook Scents came and went so quickly but while she was around I ordered a lot and loved it all. [smilie=th_smiley-crying]

Amy...yes, it's very upsetting when a great business closes. Some were very difficult and you miss the great quality ....CanDo...LOL...Haley's still makes me wanna cry. Janet was such a sweetie.

Michele...good going! ;)

Tonight it's a wonderful gift from a sweet pal....Swanky Lavender Paris... [smilie=th_slider_flirt] Thanks my friend!

Got the call...schools are closed for tomorrow so I have no work. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Have a nice night.

Good morning ladies,

A good travel day yesterday but always amazing how a three-hour time change can throw me off more than some of the far greater ones. Sleep has helped. And ☕.

Maggie! A snow day, what a gift! I hope you get a beautiful snowfall to enjoy.❄️????️☃️ Good job on going to the store in advance when I'm sure you were tired.

Michele, I'm sorry those melts didn't do their job. I don't remember the s'mores cupcake as a favorite, although in general I was a big fan of that sampler. And I salute you on your resolve during the restocks on Sunday!????

Susan, hope that OPT was a good one. I'm happy she's doing melts again... Last year when she talked about going strictly to candles, I think she got lots of encouragement to stay with her tarts.

I brought Golden Willow Wax on this trip and honestly, I had forgotten how beautifully blended this wax is... These are mostly fall scents and I'm staying away from caramel for now. ????About six months of curing, lovely. So far it's been:

GWW Sunday Pastries - Graham crackers, frosting, cinnamon raisins, pastry

GWW Jessie's Cinnamon Brooms - hot cinnamon, falling leaves, pine cones

GWW Pendleton - juniper berry, sage, eucalyptus, dew, and spearmint, Sweater Weather type. I especially liked this one.

GWW Hearthsong - charred leaves, dusky wind, burnt sugar.

Very happy camper indeed with this beautiful wax. ????

Well I'm up early and need to get my act together. Have a fine day, all.

Good morning, I have a meeting in a couple minutes - but I wanted to get caught up.

Susan - is that less stress scent lavender? Eucalyptus?

Amy - I don't know how you do it. You must sail through all these airports. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] I find them overwhelming, usually...

Maggie, yay! Have a fun day!

Michele, I am impressed! We had quite an ordering whirlwind, you were strong! [smilie=th_slider_hi5]

Get ready for work melt - The Shonks: Sweater Weather and Mint Cream blend.

Good Morning Afternoon....been lumping around all morning.

So far...no real snowfall....just a lot of sleet which is supposedly making the roads a bit icy. Another bust for my much anticipated SNOW! [smilie=th_ANGRY_10] This is not what I wanted.

Amy...I agree...love Golden Willow. But that's the big problem....I love lots of places. [smilie=th_pardon] I should check my winter/fall stash for some GWW...might be all of her stuff is packed away with my summer scents. Idk. All your scents sound really nice.

Thanks Debra! I hope all went well with you guys!

So...after my recent order with Ava's, I decided to pull some oldies out and see how they do...

It's Ava's in Butter Fudge Baklava

And from a sweet and talented pal...Cinnamon Sugar Donuts... [smilie=cloud_9] Thanks...so delicious!

So far this day is a bust but I'll spend the rest of the day in the workshop...that's always fun...I wonder what tart I have on down there? [smilie=th_fear8]

Have a good one. :)

Good morning ladies,

Maggie, I'm SO sorry the snow didn't materialize!! But the year is young. That Ava's Butter Fudge Baklava sounds soooo good.

Debra... The airports stress me, at least Security. I have a long-standing fear of checkpoints, coming from all those WWII movies my father and husband loved so well. You know...the Nazi officer demands your passport, studies it, and says, "It seems your papers...are NOT in order," whereupon you are taken away and shot. I cannot shake this fear and there it is. Once through Security, I am fine with airports...until the next time.

Well work is going fine. And this morning it's been:

GWW Satsuma Snow Cream - so beautiful I was tempted to stay away from work.

Have a good Wednesday, everybody.

Good Morning!!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Amy-Glad you are enjoying your GWW melts. I hate airport security too.

Overnight I melted OPT Lavender Rainbows for the second night. This was a beautiful scent.

Today I’m melting SGA Bunny Hop. This is a mix of sweet chocolate, vanilla and cotton candy.

Enjoy the day all!!

[smilie=th_e16]

Michele ~ Wow! That OPT Lavender Rainbows has me intrigued. Two nights?! I’m going to have to watch for it.

Amy and Debra ~ I don’t mind the airport security. I’ve learned to take my wax bags out like my iPad, and then I’m less likely to be searched. They still owe me a big jar of natural peanut butter, though. [smilie=th_hmph] Several years ago I sent DH back to AZ with one and they confiscated it.

Susan ~ Peony is my favorite flower. I miss my one little lone Peony in New Mexico. It gave me a couple of beautiful bouquets of fresh peonies every May. Reminded me of my early childhood sniffing them at Grandma’s house and watching the little ants crawl over them to help them open up. Where did the time go? I wanted to put one in here, but was told it wouldn’t make it,

Maggie ~ I’m sorry you were disappointed on the snow front. [smilie=th_empathy] Hopefully there will be a good snowfall for you before Spring!

SGA Pistachio Fudge Butter Ice Cream ~ This is my last chunk and I’m only melting it because I have a bag of Nuts On My Birthday on its way. This piece has to be at least five years old. LOL

ST Purge still going in the den. DH is working from home today since he feels like crap with congestion and a sore throat.

Homemade Booberry Gourmet Sugar Cookie

Have a nice day!

Maggie, that is the problem, indeed - we like to many places, too much! [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Honeybear - I have a lovely pink peony that the ants swarm. They sure are floppy plants, though - I have to remember to stake them up before I find them laying in the dirt. :huh:

Amy, you are the on the down hill side! Do you have jet lag when you come home like this - or is your timetable too mixed up to care? :D

Tonight is L3 - a very strong one - Brown Sugar Chestnut Crème Brulee.

Good Morning and Happy Valentine’s Day!! ❤️❤️

Honeybear-Hope your DH is feeling a bit better today.

Melted overnight Swanky Lavender Chamomile SSA Pink Sugar from a sweet CF friend. This is one beautiful scent. It’s still going strong.

Melting now VCS Evenings with Grandpa. Strong and wonderful.

Heading out in a bit for my nails and the dentist.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

Good morning all,

Coming down the home stretch, will be home tomorrow night. ???? For at least one week!

Maggie, you are so right - there are just too many wonderful vendors to love! But this is a lovely problem to have.

Debra, jet lag going home is pretty easy because I'm so happy to be there, and I usually sleep on the plane which jolts me out of whatever pattern I've been in. And I love peonies also! Yes, staking is a must, or whoops, over they go!

Honeybear, I'm sorry that the TSA took the peanut butter. A few years ago, they also confiscated my lovely, heavy metric measuring tape, saying I could garrote someone with it. I was unimpressed.

Michele, the Swanky melt sounds beautiful! I am eagerly awaiting my loaf from them. ????

Well last night was a group dinner - too noisy and too long - but lovely people so I'm glad for that. Not much melting time, but at bedtime I put on:

GWW Minerva - pear, blueberry, juniper, cedar, and pineapple - very nice at first - stronger - overpowering - and finally I woke up because it was so overwhelmingly potent. It nearly took over the whole hotel and I had to turn it off.

This morning it's:

GWW Jan's Orchard Day - Vermont Honey Apple - beautiful but again very strong. These melts have some power!

Off to work. Enjoy your Thursdays everyone.

[smilie=th_a194] Happy Valentine's Day!

I like to be really seasonal on Holidays! Tonight it is Melted Confections: Forget Me Not - in a purple heart shape. The label has red hearts,so it was a must!

:happyvday: