The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

Love Is In The Air...And It Smells Wonderful!

Aww cute Debra!

It posted Amy! I'm not sure why it looks weird but it's working.

Yesterday was GWW in Apple Pickin Tree

And upstairs was Wilmas in Rain Forest Spa from a kind Pal...thanks!

Today is Five Families by VCS

And upstairs Chocolate Orchid Buttercream by Melted Confections...another OOB.... :(

Goodnight all.

How about that!

Ok ladies - greetings! - melting Southbound today. Need to make a little room for incoming clamshells.????

SB Marshmallow Jam Cookies - wow, first time I've tried this one and it is a winner. Luscious, good enough to eat and I would definitely repurchase.

Enjoy your Saturday!

Hello!

I can finally post! Yay!

Amy, did you make a Southbound clamshell order? Do tell! [smilie=th_200912104451]

I'll change up the scents...

Pink Mustache by L3.... [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Have a great night.

Good morning everyone!

A beautiful sleep last night and I'm back in my own time zone again. I couldn't get warmed up yesterday so took the hot water bottle to bed and that did the trick, put me out like a light. I woke up at 5:30 ready to roll. DH likes a hot water bottle for his feet. We are old timers. ????

Susan! Good to see you. I like that CFOW Cupid.

Debra, I love that furry crew emoji so much. That feels like home.

Maggie, that L3 Pink Mustache...a good one. And well, yes, I may have ordered just a small number of Southbound clams:

Vintage Christmas - to me the perfect Christmas blend and this was on sale. I loved it this past Christmas and am saving it for later this year.

Snow Candy - bubblegum, cotton candy, apples, pears, lemon drops, vanilla.

Cotton Candy Creamsicle

Blue Sugar Twisted Peppermint

Lovers Lane - Blue Sugar, Pink Sugar

So far this weekend I have avoided any orders, which is a miracle considering the many restocks. I am in big trouble next week with the L3 restock. Then right around the corner is CFTKR.

Well this morning you may be shocked to hear that I have not changed out the melters yet. This Southbound Marshmallow Jam Cookies, with its delicious blend of mixed berries and cookies, is just too wonderful to end. Going in all the melters for more than 24 hours now, beautiful.

Have a restful Sunday everyone.

Good Morning!

Yes Amy I am shocked. Glad you enjoyed that SB so much!!

I’m melting SGA Vanilla Pear Twinkies Cotton Candy Frosting. Good throw on this one.

Overnight and still going is Swanky Lavender Paris. I love this one! Thank you CF friend.

Enjoy your Sunday all!

Good for you, Amy! It seems like there are restocks haunting me every week. The water bottle is a good trick! Wonder if there is still one around here somewhere,,, [smilie=th_scratch]

I think it will be a Netflix-type day. I am not very motivated. If I manage to vacuum, that will be an accomplishment. [smilie=th_snoopy]

In the melters:

YC - Winter Glow

Cheryl's - Mint Leaf and Chamomile

Blue Gecko - Rosemary Mint. Years old, still good!

Good morning ladies,

Happy Monday to you! The frozen mix we were supposed to have yesterday never materialized. Fine by me as that makes for scary driving. Where is the snow, though?? *tapping foot*

Michele, that SGA Vanilla Pear Twinkies sounds beautiful. I'm letting my SGA cure as you advised!

Debra, I'm glad those melts area still wonderful even after a long time. If Blue Gecko were still in business, I would have to order from them just on the basis of that excellent name. ????

Well last evening I finally switched out the melters. Keeping with the Southbound, it was:

SB Confetti Cake - cake and toffee - I only semi-liked this one because of that toffee note. Very much like the cheaper little wrapped toffee candies, very sweet and artificial-buttery. It is unusual that I don't like something from this vendor and maybe I just have funky memories about that type of candy.

This morning it's still Southbound - there is now room for the incoming clams.

SB Frosted Eucalyptus - oh, come to mama. From the sinus-clearing department, this is eucalyptus, spearmint and frosty air. Crisp and clean and gorgeous.

I hope everyone has a fine start to the week. ????

Good Morning!

DD left this morning for her business trip. I will be driving DH to the airport soon. It’s going to be a very quiet day here.

Continuing to melt SGA Black and Blue from last night. This is a mix of fruity berries.

Have a great day everyone!!

Good Monday Morning! [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe The House is quiet....I am the only one with the day off. I'm gonna try to make the best of it and get things done. [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] Well....I will try...

Starting off the morning with Savannah Blue in BlackBerry Wishes: blackberries, satsuma, marshmallow fluff and waffle cone. I hope this thing kicks. ????????

Amy...great SB order...and that's amazing that your SB MJC threw so long! I left my L3 Pink Mustache on but by yesterday afternoon it was zilch on the throw. Of course, laziness made me keep it going till this morning. [smilie=th_baaaaa] Btw, I am always cold...I'm gonna try to get a hold of a water bottle and old school it. ;)

Did you guys ever notice that some wax has a "smell" that throws after all the scent has gone? I put an old Melted Confections tart in my bedroom and after 2 days it started smelling like a lovely soft talcum powder....it was so nice I left it going for two more days. How I miss that vendor. I haven't found it with any other...

Debra...did ya get to vacuum? I didn't do much besides 2 loads of [smilie=th_rk01_lavatricefare] and Netflix too....

Michele...oh my, that VPT by SGA sounds wonderful! I'll have to see if that comes back!

Have a great day. :)

Hi again!!

Very quiet here too.

Yes the SGA VPT was wonderful.

Maggie-I haven’t noticed a smell that throws after the scent is gone. Sometimes I get a burnt wax scent. That’s great that happened for you.

Melting SGA Pretzel Vanilla Bean Noel Latte. This is from the Customer Creation Sampler. It’s very nice . I went through my sampler box from her. I have so many great scents I had forgotten about.

Enjoy!

Good morning!

Maggie, I don't think I've ever had that happen, either. Pretty cool; like a whole new scent. ;)

Melting a gift from a waxie pal, Cotton Candy Frosting from SGA. :wub:

[smilie=th_hello]

Yay! The board is back up! [smilie=th_fabulous1] I sure miss it when it’s gone.

Michele ~ Your SGA scent had me drooling. Yummo! And the pretzel one sounds good, too. I had a couple of pretzels ???? (lol) in my cart the other day, but when my Wings of a Dove (the only one I really “needed”) was sold out in FOUR minutes, I got mad and decided not to order at all. LOL

I’m sorry if it’s too quiet there for you today. Hope you had a great weekend with DH home! Maybe you could do what I often do when I’m alone. I tell Alexa to play Bee Gees and then Inplay with my wax. [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Amy ~ Those sounds like good SB clammies. I’ve been melting SB from six packs this weekend with mixed results. I have a ton of Southbound that’s been curing. [smilie=th_Whistle]

Maggie ~ I haven’t noticed that smell, but with one particular warmer, there seems to be a funny crayon smell.

Hope that blackberry tart threw well! I’m curious about that wax.

Susan ~ I’d melt that Cupid just for the name. Cute!

Debra ~ I know I don’t own a water bottle, but I’m going in over to Amazon to fix that. Sounds like a good thing to have handy. [smilie=yes]

ST Snozberries ~ Eucalyptus and Blackberries ~ Day 2 and still going strong!!

SB Cotton Candy Apples and Stars & Stripes (Strawberry Vanilla Mint) (Yesterday’s Dream Cake and Apple Crunch Cookies didn’t throw well at all.)

SGA Spearmint Noel

DH is finally feeling a little better today. Maybe it was my chicken soup last night.

Have a good day.

Dear all,

If you might like to know which hot water bottles we use, here is the link on Amazon:

Attmu Classic Rubber Transparent Hot Water Bottle 2 Liter with Knit Cover - Blue https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Q2A85K4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_RnXACb5HC69T1

It comes with its own little knitted sweater so the hot rubber isn't right up against your skin. It typically takes two kettles of boiling water to fill one up. It stays toasty warm until morning. Maybe you will find them somewhere else, though, but I've been using these for about a year and love them.

As for the after-scent, Maggie, absolutely yes, and it varies by vendor. I thought I smelled that baby powder with SGA. There is another one that smells more like motor oil - so not as nice, but I guess that's the wax.

I think a lot of the vendors have a signature underscent to their wax, no matter which flavor it is. But that may be just my own strange little mind at work. ????

I decided to take a vacation day and it is heavenly - like Maggie says, the house to yourself is a wonderful thing. ????

Have a good afternoon.

Amy, I hope you have had a restful or maybe productive day! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Maggie, I know what you mean about the after-scents. I can always tell which melts are MC when they melt. It is a pleasant scent - I have had some that smelled sort of rancid at the end. [smilie=th_fear8] And - yes, I vacuumed - scared that cats as usual...

Tonight it is Gio and Turner - Lavender Pop.

Good morning all,

I hope everyone is well. Still below freezing here, but snow predicted for tonight. I am hopeful. ❄️❄️❄️

Maggie, I hope you enjoyed your day off!! I know I did.

Debra, I'm sorry the vacuum scares your kitties. A had a dear dog years ago who would bite the vacuum cleaner as I tried to sweep, LOL.

Well this week I'm melting CFTKR and this morning it's:

CFTKR Blueberry Meringue - how wonderful is Carol? The perfect, delicious blueberry, sweetened by the soft meringue - gorgeous.

And a delicious surprise - in the bathroom, I have a basket of singles, mostly vendor samples. Sometimes these are good and sometimes not, LOL. But today it's an excellent one with a crazy title:

VCS Buzz...Your Girlfriend...Woof! - honestly, I adore this vendor but her names drive me right around the bend... No clue what they refer to, and if they're from a mystery box, they may have long disappeared from the website - but this is absolutely one of the best fruity scents I have ever smelled. Fabulous, delicious, comforting, all good things. I would reorder this in a flash... If it ever could be found again. Just name it what it is....????

Edited - thanks to Valerie for the scent notes - Strawberry, Sour Patch Kids, and Candy Fluff. What's not to like there?!????????????

Alrighty then!! Have a wonderful day!

Good Afternoon! :)

Amy...thanks for that link! I just ordered three! Those are simply adorable with the knit sweater...Lololol!

Debra...oh, I'm so glad you smell it too! It's the best "after aroma" and I wish all of my wax had that! [smilie=th_slider_flirt] Sorry about the scared kitties! :(

Honeybear..glad your DH is finally feeling better!

It's been Wax Workshoppe Yuzu Calacazz from a sweet pal...it's been going upstairs for a few days now! Thanks.

Downstairs I just put on L3 Persephone Plight...love any Pom scent.

Have a nice evening.

Hello!

It’s freezing here today.

Melting SGA Jelky Donut Fuji Apple Toasted Marshmallow Marshmallow Bomb Twinkies.

Finishing up the last of the SGA Black and Blue.

Overnight was a sample from SGA - French Cade Lavender. Excellent!!

Good evening! [smilie=th_a056]

Amy ~ Ditto what Maggie said. Thanks for that link! I ordered a purple water bottle. So excited! Now I'm thinking maybe I should get the girls each one for their upcoming birthdays. I'm a fun momma, but also a practical one at times. [smilie=th_cc8]

Michele ~ All of your SGA wax sounds good. I wanted to start rebagging my chunk bags today, but I had some housecleaning to get caught up on. It's on deck for tomorrow or Thursday.

ST Sixth Sense ~ Coffee, Sea Salt Caramels, Almond Butter Cookies

ST Soft Kitty ~ Eucalyptus and Pomegranate

ST Master ~ Eucalyptus, Mac Apple, and Spearmint

SB Cabana Boy

Still have the crud here. DH was better yesterday, but felt worse after being at work all day today. And I started getting a sore throat yesterday, and don't feel great now either.

Hope everyone's having a good night!

Honeybear, I hope the sick germs go poof at your house soon! [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Michele, that is one long scent name! But, boy, it sounds like a good one!

Amy, I have trouble remembering to capture scent names on special samplers until it is too late...then I get so annoyed at myself! :angry:

Tonight is from the oldie drawer - Candlelight Jasmine & Patchouli.

Good morning ladies,

Well, nothing but rain this morning, but at least driving will be ok for DH. We will have to move north to get some kind of snowfall, and I doubt that will happen!

Maggie and Valerie, I hope you will enjoy the hot water bottles! We each had one again last night. I hadn't even realized they come in different colors.

Michele, your SGA scents all sound beautiful. I wish I had ordered some of the breakaway bars last weekend.

Valerie, I hope you feel better quickly. That ST Soft Kitty sounds lovely with the pomegranate. Given the title, though, I think you might have ordered it no matter what the scent. ????

Debra, you are right, especially on the special samplers, so important to write the scent notes down when they're still on the website! Otherwise they are out in the ether somewhere...

Well this is my week for going against my usual grain, as I don't want to change out this scent. ???? This is the one I most wanted from the last CFTKR restock, and it exceeded expectations:

CFTKR Watermelon Strawberry Cake - a perfect blend. It's so juicy and comforting.

Only a couple more bags to melt and I will be ready for the CFTKR restock in March. I did save up a caramel blend for Fall and the Charred Pinecones for Christmas. Such beautiful wax.

Well I hope everybody stays warm today!