The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

February's Full Of Tarts and Sweethearts

Greetings!

AmyJo...hahaha....Brown does not a beautiful melt make....lol. Safe travels and good going with the waxie prep! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Michele...I know! What is going on with this weather? Rain for the next 4 days I hear? [smilie=th_gagme] I sure hope they're wrong!

It's SMT Friendship Bread Sugar Milk Caramel

TCSS Sweet Glazed Cinnamon Dough

Upstairs it's Jazz Fest by Colonial...they've got these in clearance for $.40.....debating about getting more....don't need them....

Have a nice evening. :)

Maggie, .40 cents? Good deal...enable, enable! :D I like their warmers, those are on sale, too, but they are 12w. I am a 20+ w gal.

Tonight it is Tyler - Wysteria Lane.

Good morning ????

AmyJo ~ Thatta girl.! No one says when you travel you can't take along a good friend. ????

Maggie ~ Ick. Four days straight of rain? ! Don't think I'd like that much either!

Well, the other island that we were having built was installed yesterday and I'm not happy with it. This is exactly what I was afraid of. It wasn't the kitchen island put in by the builder I was concerned with; there's another one dividing the great room and the kitchen with cabinetry and a plant ledge. He's coming back today to finish up and just not sure what to do. The colors are not to my liking. It's a nice piece of work, but the shelves on the ends are a different color than the doors and those are different color than the top and the plant ledge. The doors looks too much like oak. ???? If we could stain them darker to match the shelves, I'd be good with that.

SB Lavender Frosted Sugar Cookies

SB Witching Hour ~ Canpfire and Toasted Marshmallow

SB Lavender Lovespell

Wish me kuck! Cabinet man will be here any minute...

Good luck with the cabinets Honeybear!

It's The Warrens Zucchini by VCS today and I'm burning candles in Sleigh Ride by Goosecreek and 2 other ones....which I can't read cause they're in a sleeve which covers the label...and have a 1inch melt pool...

Have a good one. :)

Hi All!

Maggie-This weather is crazy. Hope the forecast changes. There is way too much rain.

Honeybear-Good Luck with the cabinets!

Melt was SGA Cranberry Lemon Curd. This was a little different for me but I liked it.

Greetings all and Happy Saturday! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Home from the hills - or rather, the northern Ohio glacial plains, not much to look at - and as I had wax with me I was much happier. Thanks to all for the good advice! The work went well too (secondary satisfaction, LOL).

Honeybear, good luck with the island. Maybe your vendor can do something with the wood colors. *kitchen installation envy*

Debra, I understand about 2-3 inches of snow bringing things to a standstill. Down here we used to get more snow and people knew how to deal with it...now the slightest bit and the newscasters go into a frenzy and everyone rushes to buy milk and bread, which I think is hilarious.

Michele, that Cranberry Lemon Curd sounds right up my alley, will have to check it out.

Susan, anything with Pistachio will bring me running, sounds divine.

Well I have bread rising and then today is hospital day. DH is still sleeping and the beagles are snoring, so life is essentially good.

Today's scents (got a new warmer, have gone overboard):

Kitchen/Office - Zeep Oktoberfest (nice! - blueberry, zucchini bread, pumpkin)

Our bedroom - Zeep Christmas Tree (clearance, smells divine)

Bathroom - YC votive, Aromatic Orange and Evergreen (lovely smell but weak)

Back bedroom - (new elegant warmer with glass top) - my favorite Push Pops.

Enjoy your day everyone,

AmyJo

Good Morning [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe and happy Saturday! Yay for the weekend!

AmyJo...I've been eyeing that Oktoberfest at Zeep...sounds like my kind of scent...I was wondering...does it have more pumpkin or blueberry? I love them both but I have lots of heavy pumpkin blends in my "inventory"...and Blueberry makes me [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] ! Do you know when she's restocking?

Michele...it's sunny!!!! [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy] Can you believe it?? I'm excited! They say the rain will be back tonight and tomorrow but I'm happy to see the sun today!

Susan....that blend sounds interesting...is it a floral?

Placed an order with Vintage Chic Scents yesterday...heard the word Beatlemania and lost my mind. I guess the names of the scents also play a role in buying for me...lol! [smilie=th_a025]

Welp....I had all the candle names wrong last night...lazy me. But I've got them going again this morning so....

Goosecreek - Jingle Bells...not Sleigh Ride (???)

719 Walnut Ave - Spice Market

B&BW - Celebrate (from a student...yay!)

Melting...L3 - Lone Ranger (raspberry linger tart, Pistachio & Lemon glaze)

Don't know how it will blend with the other scents...but we will see!

Have a good one! :)

Maggie, Zeep's Oktoberfest is melting near me as we speak and it is much more blueberry than pumpkin, in fact it is primarily blueberry with a soft baked scent in the background. Heavenly. And - drum roll - she is restocking AS WE SPEAK, all kinds of new things appearing in the last two days - and there is a Push Pop Body Butter/Scrub that I am planning to drown in. But the bank account, the bank account.... [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Have fun,

AmyJo

Morning :)

AmyJo & Maggie ~ I'm waiting for the Zeep restock, too! I even have an alert set on my phone. [smilie=yes] And with all this talk about Oktoberfest, now I'll have to add that to my wishlist. [smilie=th_giggle]

Somehow, miraculously, I had a change of heart about the island. When he explained to me that the African Mahogany wood had a lot of variation in color, and that he hadn't added any stain color whatsoever, only a clear coat, I decided it would just be the eclectic piece in the house. It looks beautiful!

Today we will paint the ponywall it is attached to, but the plant ledge already has a couple of plants we trekked over from New Mexico on it. [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

SB Cotton Candy Cream Cake

Have a great day!

Honeybear, I am glad it all worked out! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

You guys...sheesh, I forgot about Zeep. My wallet was happy. It is not so happy now. ;)

Pretty cool to get a B&BW from a student, Maggie! I almost caved on VCS, but the timing for the opening didn't fit my day.

AmyJo - I am glad you have a traveling melting now! I was supposed to go out of town last night, but ended up with an inner ear issue - too dizzy to drive. :wacko:

Today I have YC -Strawberry Lemon Ice melting, I think it is one of the stronger scents.

Debra ~ I did a pretty good amount of damage at Zeep myself. [smilie=th_paper-bag] They all sounded yummy! And so does your YC Strawberry Lemon Ice. I thought about the VCS restock, but had the cabinet guy here and didn't have time to really check out the site. Hope that dizziness is short-lived!

SB Winterberry Noel

[smilie=th_december2201661-1]

Well good morning all and Happy Sunday, :sSig_sup:

The Ohio River continues to rise. :sSc_eek3: People in the New Richmond area are having to flee. It was bad already last evening and then it poured all night. Every 20 years or so, that community has a really bad flood, so tough on the people. Increasingly, folks are tearing down the old homes and building up new ones on top of raised basements - but that's not so cheap to do, is it?

On the home front, I'm heating up the melters so I can pour out yesterday's wax and start some new scents. So far I have one votive candle in the bathroom, YC Balsam and Clove. Cold, that one smells great. In general, the YC scents in the Christmas Votives collection I ordered smell heavenly but are weak. Happily, that works for a small bathroom.

Maggie, you made me laugh - I always get the names of the scents backwards or call them something else - and yes! the names do influence me. Sometimes I try not to look at the labels when I'm in the stores so I won't be swayed....but in YC, I have to look, because their cold scent is so weak. :icon_confused:

Honeybear, I'm so happy for you, that you had a change of heart about the island - that African Mahogany sounds beyond beautiful and it will be a focal point. I love that you have a Zeep alert on your phone. :sSig_GoodOne:

Debra - sorry about the dizziness! I had that two years ago and there was some kind of maneuver I had to do, bending and turning side to side, to make the loose crystals in the inner ear go back into place...it all sounded kind of woo-woo but it worked. [smilie=th_pardon]

Well, the second-largest dog, who sometimes is white, has just come in from romping in the mud, dip-cone fashion, so I am off to find a towel. Have a fine day everyone.

(edited, later) - Well, I cleaned off the muddy dog onto to have him go romping in the puddles again. I admit defeat. He is having fun and there is no way around the mud until it dries up.

New scents have been established:

Kitchen/office - Zeep Party Doll (she sent a "preview" with my last order - raspberry, strawberry, and champagne. DH gives this a big thumbs-up.

Back bedroom - BH&G Apricot Cider

Our bedroom - the last of Zeep's Grinch Cookies (sugar cookie & peppermint). I love this one, hate to see it end. [smilie=th_cray]

By the way - for those of you placing Zeep orders - she is selling her Christmas Trees (very large, two for $5)to clear out the Christmas inventory and these are lovely, a softer evergreen than many of the more potent ones. Doing my best to enable here. [smilie=th_aa17]

Good grief, this is long. I'll shut up now. :sFun_blahblah:

AmyJo

Good Morning!

Debra...sorry to hear you are getting dizziness....I hope you are feeling better today! [smilie=th_balloons]

AmyJo...thanks for the info on the Oktoberfest scent...that was the clincher! Lol I placed a small order and got two B & B items as well. So scary about the flooding in Ohio...those poor folks!.

Honeybear...I'm so glad you're happy with your island now! African Mahogany is a beautiful wood.

I missed the VCS opening too but I ended up buying some after I got home from work. Spent too much...lol.

It's Blank Label upstairs...Spooky Island (Pineapple, Brown Sugar, Honey, Spices and Pumpkin)

CFTKR - Apple Cinnamon Donuts...one of the few CFTKR tarts I still have around. Her stuff never disappoints!

I Heart Wax - Apple Strudel Zucchini Bread...I miss this vendor sooo much!

Have a good day! :)

[smilie=th_hello]

Honeybear, your island sounds beautiful. Glad you love it. [smilie=yes]

That flooding sounds scary, AmyJo. :o Hope everyone stays safe.

Debra, hope your dizziness has gotten better.

My BIL was here for a couple of days with his wife so I kept melting to a minimum. Scent for today: Rum Raisin Cookie from Scentsy.

Enjoy your Sunday. [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Off to check out Zeep. [smilie=th_snoopy]

Thank you, buddies - the dizziness is better. I am sure anyone that saw me thought I was a little tipsy! [smilie=th_shewiggle]

AmyJo - we have a dog that likes to go out and roll in the branches and leaves under the big tree in the yard. She is a mess when she is done, and drops twigs and leaves everywhere she walk. She knows better... [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Tonight it is TCC Apple Butter and Caramel.

Good morning all,

Debra - I love the image of your dog rolling in the leaves and twigs and then dropping memories of the occasion everywhere she goes. [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] They love to be messy (and smelly!), don't they! I'm glad the dizziness is better.

Maggie - I am trying to wait a couple of days but I have my eye on a few of those Zeep B&B. Have you tried her personal care items before?

Mpfand - that Rum Raisin Cookie sounds tempting. Maybe more so because I want some breakfast!

Hi ho, off to work, have a fine Monday all,

AmyJo

Hi friends! [smilie=th_blij51]

Going with a couple fresh scents today both from Front Porch.

Solar Power - light, breezy and citrusy in the living room [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Avocado Bath - lovely lemongrass fragrance in the mud/laundry room

I have to say that over all the years I've spent melting, Front Porch rarely disappoints. Angie's scents are spot on, throw great and really do the job. [smilie=th_happy096]

Upstairs, a fresh floral scent from RG... Singing in the Rain

We're having some nice sunny weather here with a high of 50 today. Getting a start on some spring cleaning /decluttering! Also need to go out and pick up a couple new bird feeders. :ssshopping: DS#2 managed to hit one with a hockey puck while practicing his shooting. [smilie=th_ANGRY_10] No birds were injured lol. Left a huge crack in it. Love having all kinds of birds visit our yard.

Hope you all have a great week. :hearts_tr:

[smilie=th_Hello_]

Debra ~ Good to hear the dizziness moved on.

Aria ~ Hope you find a couple of cute feeders. We love birds in our yards, too! [smilie=th_aa17]

1803 Wood Stove Pie ~ a gift from a CF friend [smilie=th_teks0311]

SB Vanilla Cream Puffs

SB Christmas Tree Cookies

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Thanks, Honeybear and Cookie!

Aria, there are a bunch of bird feeders in my yard, too! The squirrels love them too. Even with the squirrel guards. [smilie=th_ANGRY_10] I tried getting them their own food but they ignore it and the blue jays eat it. It is a fair trade, I guess!

Tonight I could smell the melt when I came in the back door! It was in the back of the house so I am impressed! It was Cucumber Melon - KAE Scented Melts. I have only melted a couple but they have been great so far! [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Greetings all and a fine Tuesday to you,

We had such gorgeous, mild weather yesterday after all the rain that I am truly ready for spring. The daffodils are poking their heads out.

Folks down by the river are under water [smilie=th_sad2hz1] and it is tough times. It looks like the Red Cross is helping out and the police are cruising up and down the streets in inflatable boats. I read that one lady has a cat sanctuary with about 60 cats and she won't leave. I salute her.

Aria - I love that your son hit the bird feeder with the hockey puck [smilie=th_giggle] *may not have been funny at the time but still* I also love birds and we have two suet feeders for the woodpeckers and nuthatches.

Debra, like you I'm also feeding the squirrels, particularly the flying squirrels. I love watching them at night even though they are total piglets with the suet. [smilie=superman]

Well this morning I lit a YC votive in the bathroom called Apple Cider and I can smell that one all over the house. Well done YC, let's try that amount of scent for all your candles...!

In the kitchen/office I have a BBW candle in the warmer called Creamy Nutmeg and this one is divine.

Have a good day all,

AmyJo