The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

February's Full Of Tarts and Sweethearts

Hello!

Relaxing Sunday.

Melting PFOP Pink Elephant Birthday Cake. This is a gift from a wonderful CF friend. I don’t know what vendor this is. Can someone tell me?

It smells really good. Thank you!!

Yep, we have snow! I hope it goes away reaaaal fast! [smilie=th_autumboy]

I hope those of you who have tomorrow off have a fun day!

Tonight - Tiny Tarts - Pink Sands Cantaloupe.

Hello All!

Debra...oh nooooo! That's what I'm afraid of! I did research and a lot of people posted that rubbing alcohol takes away the soot but you have to be careful not to rub the paint away. I may give it a whirl! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] Pink Sands Cantaloupe sounds yummy...whatcha think?

Michele..PFOP is Pocket Full Of Peonies. She's not always open but sometimes she has some interesting scents. I believe the Abbreviations 2015 is updated with a lot of the vendors. ;)

I dipped into my Christmas box yesterday because we had some snow! It's been Country Lumberjack by Country Lane Keepsakes...smells like a Spruce with others things. Love it!

And upstairs it's Mardi Gras by Colonial Candle

Goodnight all. [smilie=thzzz003]

Morning all!

Lovely to have a day off today. [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr The weather is so warm...We had to take the second largest dog - who is part Golden and part Pyrenees - to the Dog Wash on Saturday. I may have mentioned boot-sucking mud....he was playing in a large puddle and ended up looking like a chocolate dip cone.

Debra, I can't believe you have snow.... [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon ...even I am feeling as though Spring will be a welcome change.

This morning I'm melting Morning Bliss (ScentSations) in the kitchen/office and it's like putting my head inside a grapefruit. I like it very much, though.

In the back bedroom is ScSa Pumpkin Marshmallow Cream (mmmmm)

In our bedroom is Zeep's Not Your Mama's Waffles. I am stuck on this one, absolutely fabulous.

Honeybear - I thought about ordering Zeep's Spring Box as well...let me know what you think.

By the way - I wanted to ask everyone - do you see variation in the heat of your melters? I have two of the same melter (WalMart cheapie, $6.94, has a cord, no light bulb. One takes forever to warm up and never gets really hot (which I prefer). The other one is too hot to touch and melts everything into clear liquid. That one concerns me a little. [smilie=th_235F35F32]

Have a fine day all,

AmyJo

Good morning! [smilie=th_blij51]

AmyJo, sounds like your pup enjoyed the mud. [smilie=snoopy] I use Scentsy warmers (bulb warmers) and even though they use the same wattage of bulb I still notice that some get hotter than others. I think it could be the different design and shapes. [smilie=th_idontknow]

Melting Winter from Bath & Body Works.

Good Evening All...

Interesting observation AmyJo! I do notice a difference but strangely enough it changes depending upon the wax I'm melting. Isn't that weird? Sometimes a bowl will be too hot to touch and sometimes that same bowl will just be warm. I don't know why that happens...it's so odd. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Downstairs it's White Rabbit by OPT and

Cinnamon Vanilla by Nancys

Maggie, PS Cantaloupe is interesting - I thought it might be mainly PS, as those blends tend to be, but this one is a little more balanced.

Well, more snow is on the way...sheesh. I am all over winter, this is bad timing! [smilie=th_sad2hz1]

I am noticing that my plate warmer is hotter on one side than the other now. It is my first one of this brand, I am not sure if they have a certain life expectancy. [smilie=th_pardon]

Tonight - Tiffany's Serendipity Splash.

Greetings all from sunny southwest Ohio, [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

The heat is off for the first time in weeks [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] and tonight we are going to eat on the picnic table. I'm excited. I do see that the Farmer's Almanac is calling for snow in March and they seem to be often correct, so I'm enjoying this little break while we can.

Thanks all for the observations on the warmers and variable heat. [smilie=th_allah] Maggie, that's interesting that the wax could make a difference - I tried different kinds yesterday and you're on to something there. Mpfand, you've seen the same thing I have - same wattage but different results. I do think I'm taking these two cheapies back to WalMart - they are so hot that the wax smells burnt, even my beloved Push Pops. No wonder they were $6. [smilie=th_fear8]

Because I was so obsessed with the warmers yesterday, I went through a lot of different wax. This morning, I decided to normalize my poor nose and so my two not-so-screamingly-hot melters both have Push Pops in them, front and back of the house. We are Creamsicling out

Susan, that Mediterranean Fig sounds lovely - I may have to check that out.

DH has made his way steadily through the wheat bread so it looks like I'm kneading again before work this morning.

Added in the afternoon - Melting Zeep's An Autumn Walk, scoopable wax. OMG this is heavenly. I know, I am a Zeepaholic. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Enjoy your Tuesday, and say cool if you've got warmer temps for awhile. [smilie=th_dd5]

AmyJo

Hello girls ????

Maggie ~ I'm so sorry you had such a hassle with the Post Office. ????

Debra ~ Your poor daffodils! ????

AmyJo ~ Personally, I wouldn't trust a $6 warmer. I have had lots of Partylite warmers over the years, and have always loved them!

Yesterday our shutters were installed. I've never had them before and they look stunning! ????DH and I spent the weekend unpacking and settling in more, but there's still a lot to do. DD#2 told me last night that she and DD#1 talked about how they both wish they could drop everything they're doing and just move here with us .????

PL French Lavender Sandalwood

Scentsy Thunderstorm

SGA Cherry Vanilla Cream ~ Thanks to a CF pal ????

Lit Yankee Crunchy Pistachio Vanilla in the kitchen this morning, but I don't smell a thing. ????

Have a great day!

Hi All!

No melring for me today. DD is home from work today. Think she has a bit of a virus. She’s tired and has a headache. She’s sound asleep now. I don’t want the scent to aggravate her headache.

Honeybear-Maybe evwntually your girls will move too. I’m sure you just miss them a lot. Are you talking about plantation shutters? I have white ones in my entire beach house and I just love them!! Easy maintebance. They look so pretty too.

I used to love Yankee Candles. I have quite a lot of them. It is hard to smell them. I’m thinking of selling them on EBAY. I just have to make the time to list them.

Thanks for the info Maggie. PFOP sounds like a great vendor. I really loved what I melted. Couldn’t find a scent description on their website though.

Enjoy the rest of your day everybody!!

[smilie=th_shout] Too much snow!!!

Honeybear, I am glad you are getting all settled in and are having a good time!

Had a first with DH tonight, he came in and said the house did not smell very good. I have a tart called Black Rose melting. Guess he is not a floral guy. [smilie=th_pardon]

Greetings all,

We have what Pooh would call "a blustery day" - lots of wind and rain. It looks pretty soggy for the rest of the week, and cooler. The Ohio River, not to mention my trench out by the road, is flooded, and I'm soooooo glad we didn't buy that cute little house in the floodplain when we downsized two years ago. I wanted that house, badly, but for once good judgment prevailed. And I'm so happy where we ended up in the country - there is a plan, there is always a plan.

Honeybear and Michele - white shutters? The wooden kind? Oh, I love those so much and am saving up to put them throughout this house. So they are easy to clean?

Debra, LOL, I can see that you are truly tired of the snow. How much did you get this last time?

Maggie - I looked up PFOP and her melts are so beautiful. I love the various shapes she has - and it's probably a good thing that she doesn't seem to have anything stocked at the moment or I would have bought more things. *shudder*

Here's a question for all of you - how much are you influenced by what a melt looks like, in your purchases? For me, I am definitely swayed by beautiful shapes and colors. At the end, they have to smell good, but part of the fun for me is the molds themselves. [smilie=th_235F35F32]

Today I am wringing the last bit of scent out of these Zeep melts from yesterday:

Office/Kitchen - Push Pops

Back Bedroom - An Autumn Walk (fun scoopable wax - like Play-Doh for big kids, lush scent)

Enjoy Hump Day,

AmyJo

Good Morning!

Supposed to be a high of 72 degrees here. Right now it’s cloudy I hope the weather clears up.

Melting SGA Salty Sea Air Key Lime Graham Crackers Whipped Cream from my Sampler. Love it!

AmyJo-I go by scent rather than shapes when ordering melts. I think all the different shapes are adorable though.

My plantation shutters are made of vinyl and just can be cleaned by wiping down with a damp cloth.

Debra-I hate snow! It’s pretty to look out but not when you have to get around in it.

Have a great day everyone!!

Morn everyone. Melting today: Heavenly coconut shortbread cake by OPT

Sometimes shapes get to me too, have to smell good though.

Got my package from OPT, and the pig shapes are cute. In this case I have ordered a lot from her, so any shapes I would buy.

Good morning, friends! ????

I was awoken at 6:30am by a crew prepping for shotcrete, which they are doing right now in the pool. Exciting for us, but not for our little Zoe. She's hiding under the bed again. ????

Michele ~ Hope your DD is feeling better. My shutters are Norman Woodlore, a hybrid of wood and composite designed specifically for the Arizona heat. They are just gorgeous! I love the split tilt for privacy so I can get daylight in without having the whole shutter opened .

I'm so envious of all of your salty sea air blends! I looked at SGA the other day trying to find a sampler to no avail.

AmyJo ~ Yes, these are what some people call plantation shutters. I never had them before but always hoped one day to have them.

I do buy wax for looks, too. The only problem is if I get really cute wax, then I don't want to cut it up or use it. ????

Debra ~ My DH doesn't like rose either, not after I made 100 rose scented votives some years back for somebody's wedding, back when I was making more candles instead of tarts.

SB Lavender Marshmallow Cream ~ Going strong since yesterday evening ????

ST Middle Earth ~ that minty dirty blend so popular from Super Tarts

And lastly, I have to retract what I said about the Yankee Crunchy Pistachio Vanilla candle. It actually threw really well all day and burned beautifully. I've got it going again today.

Have a nice day. ????

Hi again!

Honeybear-My shutters are Norman too. They might be like yours. I thought they were vinyl but maybe they aren’t. I just love them. I can keep the top closed and leave the bottom tilted. You will love them. The Salty Sea Air Sampler was limited. I’m really enjoying it.

That YC sounds great. I might actually try that one.

AmyJo, I don't buy melts purposely for their shapes. If they are a cute shape that's just a bonus. :D

Taking a break from cleaning to post my scent, Zucchini Bread from Fox Willow.

Hey All...

[smilie=th_wave] Definitely swayed by shapes here!! And for that matter...color! I've tried melts in white and even if they throw great, the next time I wanted to buy I'd look to buy a color wax first!

Michele...I've really got to keep my eyes peeled for a salty sea sampler! As for PFOP...I think she's always coming up with new blends and for some reason doesn't keep all the scents listed. That one you mentioned is...honeydew, kiwi and mandarin, watermelon, cherry, cassis, sugared musk, apricot and birthday cake.

Honeybear...no worries my friend! It is what it is! [smilie=th_aa17]

Susan...Belle of the Ball sounds nice!

Debra...snow?

AmyJo...windy rain?

We have 80 degrees here!! :cloud 9: This is crazy for February!! And it's supposed to be in the 30s tomorrow.

It's Unicorn Breath by Scarlet Raine today...perfect for this summery day. :)

Honeybear, I have Middle Earth also. It certainly is a fan favorite, I am not sure about it, however! [smilie=th_fear8]

AmyJo -- we only get about 2-3 inches of snow, but since we are not a "snow town" things pretty much comes to a standstill. Too many hills!

I have trouble melting the fancy melts. I tend to save them. The scruffy ones go right in the melter! :blush:

Tonight it is TCC - Gingertoast.

Good Morning!

Maggie -Thanks for the scent description.

Melt today is SGA Zucchini Chipotle Caramel Banana Whipped Cream. This is from a Sampler also. Hope to smell a lot of banana because I have been craving banana scents lately.

After yesterday’s 78 temps it’s rainy and nasty with a high of 46. This weather is crazy.

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning all!

Thanks for all the comments on shapes and colors of melts. Maggie, you and I are in the same camp on the colors. I have a few melts which are brown and they look like mud in the melter...just doesn't cut it. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Once again on a road trip but I brought a melter and my beloved Push Pops, plus an Orange and Evergreen votive by YC. I am prepared.

Have a good day all,

AmyJo