The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

February's Full Of Tarts and Sweethearts

Good morning everyone and HAPPY FRIDAY! [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

I do love the emojis on this site - very expressive.

Well, yesterday was a day trip up north for work and it went fine. But doggone it was cold up there, 15F with a howling wind and a loooooong walk from the car. As for the drive, I listen to cooking shows while I'm driving and it seems like the three hours are gone in no time. A little tired this morning but so happy to be home.

Honeybear, I never thought I'd feel this way, but I can see the sense in living in a warmer climate. I do envy you right now, living out west. I would miss the snow....but the cold is getting tougher to deal with.

It sounds like we have a lot of cooks on this page. That makes sense to me, seems to go with loving nice scents. Debra - tell about your cookies! It sounds like they were scarfed up quickly - what did you make? *tapping foot waiting for details*

mpfand - that new accent shelf sounds beautiful. And setting up in a new place sounds exciting. I hope you are enjoying the new place!

Maggie, that Amish Friendship Bread scent sounds perfect - now I want to bake that!

I haven't turned on the warmers yet, trying to figure out what to choose. But I will tell you ladies that I took a cube of the ScentSations Pumpkin Marshmallow Cream melt with me to just sniff periodically on the day trip yesterday. [smilie=th_create]

Enjoy the day all. After all the freezing rain, today it's going up to 50F. Right now it's still a crackly mess out there. A strange winter.

Stay well all,

AmyJo

Good morning [smilie=th_316785e4]

Melting a Christmas scent today. It's a favorite from Sugar & Spice - Christmas Trees & Santa's Cookies. Actually I think most vendors carry a version of this scent... love the combo! [smilie=th_sign0162] Oh and just remembered I put SGA Beachwood Vetiver on upstairs...nice scent but a bit strong and headache inducing even in a low wattage melter.

We are getting some snow today, possibly anywhere from 3-5 inches or 5-8 inches depending on which forecast you go by lol! :smileysnowangel: [smilie=th_thlaughter] So they cancelled school just in case we get pummeled. There's many backroads that get treacherous when we get heavy snow! Anyhow DS#2 is thrilled

Already have some [smilie=th_rk01_lavatricefare] going... The Thrill! Not.

Maggie I'm pretty sure Butterfly Lane is closed for good. :closed: [smilie=th_confused3] :crysmiley1:

Amyjo, I love listening to podcasts when I'm in the car or even just doing stuff around the house. [smilie=th_76d65c2f] My favorite one at the moment is Casefile. Now I'm wondering if there are any podcasts about cooking! [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

Have a happy Friday everyone!

Hi everyone. Melting: My 80's boyfriend by Hayden Rowe

Debra, yes new moon is an older vendor, this is from april last year. She ism't open very much, seasonal I think.

Good Evening and Happy Olympics 2018 ???????? Go Athletes!!

Thanks for the info Susan! I'm not a big cleaning scent person but I'm still gonna check them out.

AmyJo...3 hours? Wow...that's a pretty long drive...glad you made it safely.

Aria...so sad. BL was one of my favorite vendors but after she closed the first time I had such a hard time ordering so I never managed to snag much. So many places closing up. :(

Debra...Lololol....I think that means they were a HIT!!!!! [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet]

Tonight it's Lilac Scentsations- Apple Dumpling Hillbilly Homebrew Pumpkin Sugared Donut

Have a great evening.

AmyJo - the cookies were a chocolate chip type - except I used pecans, mini M&Ms , and white chips.

All of you with snow!! I an still watching the daffodils and daphne bloom in our 55-60 degrees. We had so much ice and snow last year, I am very happy with this. ;)

Tonight it is Can-Do - Snow Angels. Gonna miss her! :blush:

Good morning everyone,

Ahhhhhh Saturday and it has warmed up again - birds are singing - we have different seasons week to week!

Aria, I am SO jealous of your heavy snowfall. How much did you end up getting? Sledding...snowballs...snow forts....all the good stuff from childhood. And yes I imagine there are cooking podcasts - I just hook up YouTube and listen to various people cooking. Our phone carrier just started offering unlimited data again so now this is possible - before, I was like a hawk on the data usage.

Debra, I'm glad you are enjoying your flowers. It's just so strange to be typing that in February! I remember when the tulips usually came up around Mother's Day and it's almost always in April now.

And Debra - those cookies sound amazing! Pecans, mini M&M's and white chocolate.....ohhhhhh bliss. No wonder they were gone in a flash!

Maggie, I probably wouldn't like cleaning scents either, especially when they didn't intend to be cleaning scents...like the one last week that was supposed to be lemonade but ewwwww more like Mr. Clean.

I got my new Zeep order yesterday :upssmiley1: and it's lovely. The one called Not Your Mama's Waffles smells good enough to eat. Right now I'm melting Spiced Chai and it's heavenly. Ashley's scents really have a little something extra, something warm and comforting.

Well I am debating whether to bake some wheat bread or go do laundry....probably the laundry will win out for now. I take it all to a Laundromat, both to get it all done in one go and also so as not to overwhelm our small septic system. What I COULD do is start the bread and let it rise while I go to the laundry. :confettistars:

OK all have a fine day and enjoy the Olympics.

AmyJo

Happy Saturday!

Yep...I keep checking my forecast for snow too!! I really could go for a big old snowstorm!! [smilie=th_200912104451]

Debra...those cookies sound [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

AmyJo...I agree! There is something extra special about Zeep....even her packaging is lovely! I think I should start using some of her stuff that I found "hoarded away"! [smilie=th_Hnh5]

This morning it's SGA in Pumpkin Pecan Waffles In The Kitchen....delicious!

Have a good one. :)

[smilie=th_Hello_] everyone. Melting today: Grape by Mystical

Black Cherry Bomb by Mystical.

OPT has a spring sampler up, and new shapes hearts, piglets. Grab boxes. I ordered a grab box and some piglets in apple peel & orange. I need to stay away from wax sites, I have ordered so much wax since December. lol

Debra, your cookies sound absolutely delicious! [smilie=yes] Is Can-Do closing? :o

AmyJo, I vote for baking bread! :D I love to bake, too.

Melting a gift from a sweet CF buddy, Donuts with Draper Girls.

Susan - you are the bestest waxie enabler!! Thanks for all the heads-ups! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Mpfand - yes, in January we were notified that Can-Do would not reopen. :icon_cry:

Tonight I am watching Poldark - love it! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] Anyone? And...burning B&BW Vanilla Snowflake.

Good morning all,

Well, both the laundry and the bread got done yesterday so I am happy. It's wet and rainy outside and if it were just a leeeeeetle bit colder this could all be snow. *hope, hope*

Maggie, what from Zeep did you find hoarded away? Her designs are so pretty, let alone the gorgeous scents.

Susan, thanks for the heads up on the OPT samplers! I will go check it out. Anything in the shape of a piglet, I must investigate.

mpfand - a fellow baker! There is nothing like the smell of bread baking. What's your favorite thing to bake?

This morning it's still Not Your Mama's Waffles from Zeep in the back bedroom, wafting out into the living room. DH even likes that one and he doesn't notice too much about the scents. I haven't decided for the kitchen/office yet because I am going to make a fish pot pie this morning for tonight and want to get the herbs right, need my sniffer not to be distracted.

Enjoy your Sunday!

AmyJo

Hi all,

I just got back home yesterday and thought I was going to be delayed a little from the snow in Denver (ready for spring), it was very refreshing to get back home and start melting again. There's nothing like getting home and smelling Vanilla Buttercream Crunch after being packed in an airplane and smelling the buffet of aromas that are generally on board an aircraft!

I'm sad that Can-Do closed. :(

AmyJo, cookies are probably my favorite thing to bake, although I love to bake all kinds of things. I made a dessert pizza last weekend. :)

Melting Praline Spice from ScentSationals. Nice and strong. Hopefully it helps with the lingering smell of bacon, eggs and hashbrowns cooked with onion. :rolleyes:

Hi friends

A quiet weekend here after getting several inches of snow since Friday. It looks pretty but I don't love the snow anymore the way I used to. Even the dog doesn't want to play in it as much. DH and DS#2 are out in the yard skating. DS's hockey game was cancelled because the opposing teams goalie wasn't available. [smilie=th_thWTF]

I've got a candle burning YC Sugared Plums. Also melting a FP tart in Marshmallow Graham Cracker Bonfire and some STW in Strawberry Mallow Bread. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Going to [smilie=th_blij80] , read for awhile and then it's [smilie=th_offtobed]

Have a great night! [smilie=th_aa18]

Arkcandle - even the smell of food on an airplane is sorta iffy to me! [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Mpfand - I know, I have a small drawer with Can-Do and Crosscreek tarts that I will take my time melting.

Anyone feed hummingbirds? I have 3 feeders and those little critters are keeping me hopping, keeping them filled! :sBo_reflection2:

Tonight it is Velvet Sugar - Me Time Melts.

Omg...arkcandle...."the buffet of aromas" on an airplane???..... [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] Sooooo funny!!

Greetings all...

Just got back from 15:17 to Paris....amazing movie!! Unbelievable how your path in life is sometimes mapped out before you...you just need to pay attention.

Mpfand...dessert pizza, you say? Do tell! [smilie=th_BringItOn]

Aria...your snow sounds wonderful. It's been raining here for three days...wish it was snow instead!

AmyJo...I found bundts in Cookie Bakery, Underoos, Sticky Sweet, Doh-Nuts....and flowers in Vesuvius, Welcome to Stepford, Toes in the Sand and Beach Bound. Completely forgot about them.

Debra...I did start to watch Poldark but haven't in a bit. I got up to Episode 7 in Season 1 and stopped for some reason. Are there only 3 seasons?

Today has been...

Rainbow Melts Walking on Sunshine

SMT Iced Sugar Cookie/Amaretto/Lemon Cheesecake

Bento Wax Berries & Cotton Candy

Good night

debra, I have one hummingbird feeder in my yard during the summer. The little guys don't show up here in Michigan until sometime in May. During the summer, I usually make a batch of sugar water for them and keep it in the fridge. Then I fill the feeder every 4-5 days after giving it a good rinse. Hope you are enjoying watching the little darlings! :wub:

Maggie, if I could share the snow with you, I would! I actually love looking at it. It's the slushy mess in the garage and DH walking through the house in his shoes and leaving a trail of snow and slush on our hardwood floors! :angry:

Today I have an Apple Harvest tart melting and it's lovely! Thank you CF friend! [smilie=th_teks0311]

Hi everyone. It's been one of those days, had a flat tire this morn [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon got it fix didn't have to wait very long.

Melting: Sugared Olive Branch: pink sugar type warm vanilla type and olive branch type by OPT.

Hi there! ????

I've had a lot of catching up to do! Lol Happy to see you are all doing well.

I really enjoyed the girls' visits, but they were far too short. DD#1 was here for 4 1/2 days, and DD#2 for 2. She has the busier schedule with 18 credit hours, working as the French tutor at UNM, and running the French Club. Out of the two, she was the one who indicated a possibility of living in Arizona after graduation. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Debra ~ DH and I love Poldark, and DH had his hummingbird feeder out the entire time he was in the apartment, religiously keeping it fresh. We'll put it out again once they finish in the backyard. Since he couldn't have any kitty cats and there were no ferals this time, hummingbirds were his solace. Oh, and those cookies sound delicious. I'm going to make some soon! It'll be a good chance for me to use my new cookie sheets. ????

ST Middle Earth ~ Lush Dirt dupe, Rosemary, and Fresh Mint Leaf

Still digging for the warmers in the garage boxes. Today is the day...

Hope you all are having good days! ????

Oh no, I've ordered a lot from them.....loved the snifin' stix's. I hate to see a good vendor close, if the one I found here local did I'd have to get grief counseling.

Tonight Melting: Caribbean Teakwood

LOL Arkcandle....you are cracking me up!

Susan...now Ks? Wow...so many vendors closing up. :(

Aria...I'm not a fan of the mess (I have the same thing happen here) and all the laundry either...,but "otherwise" I still enjoy a good snowfall! Maybe this weekend...????????

Honeybear...so glad you've had a nice visit with your girls!

Michele...next time SGA has a SSA Sampler, I've got to get one! ❤️

It's been Twinkie Cake Pops by Zeep for the last two days....another lovely find!

Good night and sweet dreams!