The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

August's Sizzling Scents

Evening melt is Better Home and Gardens Grapefruit Melon Sage.

On cold sniff this was just grapefruit, but melled the sage came out so unexpectedly, really enjoying it, it is very fresh and different.

Hi there again...

Burning candles tonight....YC Sparkling Cinnamon and YC Cinnamon Sticks. I've been really craving just straight cinnamon scents recently. Not bakery cinnamon...just cinnamon cinnamon...:D Smelling great in here!

desertrose, I love mixing scents sometimes also! Sounds like you are really enjoying that rose chocolate mix! [smilie=th_happy096]

sweet, the weather was just perfect! You and I are both mulled cider scent lovers, I think! [smilie=yes]

Christy, yep, I was sure glad to see Ozzy and Tiger too. Good luck on your upcoming move. I can tell you are excited! [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy]

Maggie, who is HRP? [smilie=th_confused3] I am sure glad you enjoyed some scents today. I hate having one of those days when the sniffer just isn't cooperating!

trep, I've always had good luck with Yankee jars. Sometimes I use an illumalid and remove it carefully after awhile.

Thanks to trep, Gail, Maggie and everyone who wished DS good luck on his karate testing today. He did well and is now officially a blue belt. He was quite exhausted towards the end of the testing, so he will need to work on his endurance for his next testing. The higher the belt level, the more demanding the testing becomes. [smilie=th_BringItOn]

Gonna read for awhile and head off to bed.

Good Morning...it's cloudy, rainy and rather humid here this morning. Yuk.

Melting a couple of YOCC tarts this morning...Morning Buzz and Buttercreme Crunch. Also lit my YC Sparkling Cinnamon jar again.

Maggie, thanks for the heads up on Hickory Ridge Prims. Of course, I had to Google the name and found the etsy store. Tempting site...such a great scent list. Any standout scents for you?

Thanks trep, we're proud of him!

Have a great day friends...gotta take Ozzy outside!

[smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe Good morning continued prayers to all in the storms path

Starting my day out with caramel banana cupcakes from sniff my tarts. Have a great day all.

th_Hello_.gif

I am melting Slatkin Summer Boardwalk :)

Forgot to add, I started off with Honey Butter from CHS. It was th_smiley_emoticons_flucht.gif I was hesitant to even melt it because I wasn't digging it on cold sniff. It smelled very musty. DH happened to still be home when I put it in. He was grossed out to say the least. I have learned honey scents are a no go for me.

Congratulations to your DS, Aria! [smilie=th_happy096]

First day of school here. DS is a senior and DD a freshman. Having both of my kids in high school is bitterweet, to say the least. :( Where has the time gone? I went for comfort scents this morning; Ooey Gooey Caramel Goodness from Back Road Hobbies and Vanilla Bean from ScentSationals. Have a good Monday, everyone!

Good afternoon all!

Today I'm melting Cinnamon Candy Apple from Kristen's Candles.

The worst of the storm missed us, although overnight we had lots of sporadic rain showers and wind. Some dead branches came down out of our neighbor's huge oak tree, just barely missing our garage, so I guess we'll be spending tomorrow cleaning up. We are still getting rain and gusts of wind right now, and there have been tornado warnings, so I'm not going to worry about cleanup until tomorrow. I hope everyone in the northern/panhandle part of the state gets through safely!

Glad to hear you're safe jedda. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] Take care and don't work too hard cleaning up.

mpfand, thanks! My boys are growing up so fast too. :crysmiley1:

shortygal, scents that have a strong honey note make me [smilie=th_gagme], so I can relate!

I was going to take the boys back-to-school shopping, but I'm just not feeling up to it for some reason. I actually feel like I need a nap bf-sleepingsmiley.gif We'll have to go later in the week.

Changed melts to Peach French Toast from YOCC. Will add something else to the mix in a bit.

bubblegum-1.gifLater peeps!

I bought 3 Paula Deen clams at Wal-Mart this morning. Just started melting Apple Strudel. Cold sniff reminds me of Home Interiors Baked Apple Pie, which was my favorite apple pie scent ever.

Michele--I was in a different town today and saw those Paula Deen melts. I resisted but please report on how you like them. I like her candles but have not tried the melts.

This evening it is Paula Deen Pumpkin Pie, BH&G Warm Vanilla Cream and Ice Raspberry Sangria candles and Scentsationals Care Package melt.

Can you believe we will soon be needing a name for September's thread--where has the year gone???

Storm prepping here! It seems to be taking a westward turn, so hopefully we will avoid the eye (if there is one by then). Still expecting heavy winds and rain and lights out, so I've been washing laundry like a fiend

[smilie=th_rk01_lavatricefare]

including all the dogs' beds (nothing worse than stanky dog beds when the a/c goes off)

[smilie=th_stink]

My melt of the day has been Domestic Goddess by Delightful Scents.

Also Lemon Magnolia by Cozy Cottage (I miss them!) in my room

it replaced Apricot Sorbet by Candle Dippers - DH complained that he had never smelled anything more horrid. It was kinda "off" but I didn't think it was *THAT* bad - lol

My bathroom has the last dregs of a small Slatkin's Tropical Spice candle on the warmer - the wick died leaving about 1/4" of wax, so the warmer is getting the last of the scent.

Guess I'll have to break out the tealight warmers (I think I have a couple - I never use them) to get my fix if/when we lose power.

[smilie=th_insane]

Have a great evening!

[smilie=th_blij12]

Thanks to trep, Gail, Maggie and everyone who wished DS good luck on his karate testing today. He did well and is now officially a blue belt. He was quite exhausted towards the end of the testing, so he will need to work on his endurance for his next testing. The higher the belt level, the more demanding the testing becomes.

Aria - :thyay: for your DS getting his blue belt! The only one I've heard is a black belt. How many 'belts' away is the blue from the black?

I bought 3 Paula Deen clams at Wal-Mart this morning. Just started melting Apple Strudel.

Mpfand - I'll have to watch for those. What other scents R U trying? [smilie=th_c032]

Group hug [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] for our southern state dwelling peeps! I hope Isaac fizzles out and there's no loss of electricity or any flooding rains.

I'm melting LOL's Vanilla Pudding Bread. This was a sleeper 4 me. I thought the cold sniff was 'just ok'. But, now that it's melting....lots of other notes are surfacing and it's deeelish! [smilie=th_Drglar]

Michele--I was in a different town today and saw those Paula Deen melts. I resisted but please report on how you like them. I like her candles but have not tried the melts.

After a few hours of melting I can report that, although they're not as strong as melts from BH&G and ScentSationals, the throw is decent and the scent is nice. I smell apple and I smell a sweet pastry, no spice, which is fine with me. For the price ($2) I would purchase again. Oh, and I only used one cube per melter and had it in two different melters in our open kichen/family room.

Mpfand - I'll have to watch for those. What other scents R U trying? [smilie=th_c032]

I got Creme Brulee (delicious cold smell) and Mystery Pecan Pie. Don't know what the mystery is; smells just like pecan pie. lol

Evening all.

Maggie, thanks for the heads up on Hickory Ridge Prims. Of course, I had to Google the name and found the etsy store. Tempting site...such a great scent list. Any standout scents for you?

I have really enjoyed every scent I've melted so far but my favs are: 1776, Pumpkin Apple Butter and Yorktowne! Her scents are very unique and have many different notes. Is there anything on her list that you fancy? ;) I might just have one to mail out! [smilie=th_aa17]

I have learned honey scents are a no go for me.

I know how ya feel...yet I love most honey blends! Isn't that weird? [smilie=th_confused3]

Jedda...I am glad to hear you are safe! Here's wishing safety to all our friends in Isaac's path!

Warmers were off all day so I am rewarming Belsnickle from HRP in the FR and LR and I put on Butterfly Lane's Citrus Shake Zucchini...it's nice but I like her Citrus Zucchini much, much better! [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

Good Morning!

Melting two favorites from Carol this morning...Spicy Cup of Joe and Raspberry Coconut ZB

Aria - :thyay: for your DS getting his blue belt! The only one I've heard is a black belt. How many 'belts' away is the blue from the black?

Hi sweet and thanks! DS is 3 belts away from black belt. The 3 belts are blue stripe, red and red stripe. At the advanced level, students can only test for the next belt after a minimum of 6 months plus they have to attend at least 96 classes. Aside from Karate skills, they also learn self defense, weapons training, sparring skills, physical fitness and character development. So, DS has at least a good couple years before he earns a black belt!

Maggie, lol...I ended up placing an order shortly after I posted! What's an addict to do? I ordered 1776, olde village tavern, olde salem and keeping room. Thanks for enabling!!!

Okay, gotta hop in the shower. DH and I are getting a new mattress delivered this morning! I have to make sure I have the bed stripped before they arrive. We picked a Serta iComfort...it's a memory foam mattress infused with gel so it's not as hot as traditional memory foam. I am excited as we've had our current mattress for 14 years!

Have a great day everyone!

Good ones today:

- Depression Reliever (Dream Tarts) - strong throw (good rose scent)

- Angel (Dream Tarts) - very nice but really faint

- Hubba Hubba (Candle Dippers) - pretty strong lemongrass

- Fairy Dust and Twinkle Toes (Candle Dippers) - strong throw!

- Coffee Bean (Cheryl's) - dark roast coffee scent...nice throw (paraffin)

Good Morning!!

Aria-Congrats to your DS!

On this very dreary morning I have some candles going-

YC Napa Valley Sun

YC Grapevine & Oak

YC Oceanside

YC Christmas at the Beach

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Good morning, friends!

Aria ~ Hope you have better luck with your mattress than we did. We bought a memory foam/gel mattress from Costco last November and ended up returning it a few months later. It was THE most uncomfortable bed we had ever slept in. :( So glad to be back in a regular 'ole mattress. [smilie=th_sml29]

SC Roasted Espresso

SMT Orange Zucchini

SMT Butter Cookie

LOL Apple Zucchini Bread

Homemade Blue Birthday Cake

Here's to everyone staying safe in the path of the storm.