The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

July's Burst of Scents

Thanks for the report! How long did you let it cure for?

Twelve days.

WOW, SuperMum...my Tuscadero's were always very strong...I am sorry you had yourself a dud! Maybe it was that scent? Could be a lighter one? [smilie=th_idontknow] Butterfly Lane is one of my ALL time favorite companies...she is just top notch! I agree with ya on the bananas and I don't think she makes a scent that I don't like! [smilie=th_smilies-2]

Thanks! I am going to give the Tuscadero's package a few more weeks and revisit it.

Butterfly Lane is ridiculous. I have actually put the BL package in "time out" with its nose in the corner. After the Butterfly Lane package came, the package smelt up the whole house (even through the plastic Dixie cups and the bubble mailer). I would be sniffing new packages from other vendors that came in the mail and I kept thinking, "What else am I smelling?" Yeah, I was smelling the BL package from across the room. It is now properly hidden enough that I can't smell it. [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet]

Hoping that the rest of the vendors are confined to "time out" as well! I am waiting on Haley's, Shayz, Aunt Nena's, LSC, Can Do and a couple others I am blanking on.

Time out for your waxies? [smilie=th_thlaughter] Too funny, SuperMum!

Changed up the scents an hour or so ago...

McCalls Watermelon...this has a grassy scent to it that I am not crazy about.

Spotted Hog Honeydew Lemonade...amazing!

[smilie=th_teks0681] Daisy just rolled in something that stinks SO BAD that I washed her 5 times and she still STINKS!!! What is wrong with that dog??? Doesn't she know I am a stickler for smells?!?! [smilie=th_ANGRY_10] I even tried vinegar and than lemon juice. ARGH!!!! [smilie=feedback] Please...if anyone has any ideas...PLEASE let me know!!! [smilie=th_help]

Jules asked:

What size jar is your Haley's candle? How small? I had great candles from Haley's too, but it's been a long while since I've ordered.

My Pistachio Pudding candle came in a 10 oz glass apothecary jar with flat glass lid and was double wicked.

I've been wondering if the candle practically drove us out of the house with its strength because in transit it had gotten warm. It looked to me like some of the fragrance oil had migrated up towards the surface of the wax, so maybe I got an intense dose of fragrance during the burn. But in general I would say that it is a rather strong scent anyway.

I've had half of a Spotted Hog tart cup going on my melter since this morning, called Frosted Orange Cupcakes. Talk about strong! I can't imagine if I had put the entire tart in!

Bummer about Daisy getting stinky, MaggieMae. It might take an enzyme cleaner like Nature's Miracle or some sort of special pet shampoo to get that out, whatever the mystery offender is. Why do dogs just seem to have a knack for assaulting our nasal passages sometimes? Today our dog, Teri, has been passing some gas so foul that you just wouldn't believe! [smilie=th_snoopy]

I am melting DT - Memories.

Did any smellybuddy see the article on what space smells like? Of course I would read that article. [smilie=th_blij81]

Bummer about Daisy getting stinky, MaggieMae. It might take an enzyme cleaner like Nature's Miracle or some sort of special pet shampoo to get that out, whatever the mystery offender is. Why do dogs just seem to have a knack for assaulting our nasal passages sometimes? Today our dog, Teri, has been passing some gas so foul that you just wouldn't believe! [smilie=th_snoopy]

Thank you Candlefan!!! I will go out to buy some of that in the morning!!! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_fluc

Debra...I didn't hear about that article....I am off to see what that is about!

77288.gif Good Morning

Melting Citrus Shake Zucchini from Butterfly Lane

Have a great day everyone

Twelve days.

Thanks! I will break out my BL starting tomorrow...or maybe later today.

Yesterday I had company all day so wanted something fresh...all rooms had Cranberry Fig (The Bathing Garden). So fresh, strong, & long-lasting :)

Good Afternoon...just got back from a breakfast with friends. :)

[smilie=th_WE1summer013] Boy, It's a scorcher today!

It's a lemony day at our house...

Lemon Cheesecake from Bliss...nice throw but only smell the lemon-no cheesecake.

Lemon Bread from Fragrant Memories...Perfect! [smilie=th_smilies-2] -What happened to this vendor? I love her stuff!!!

Lemon Drizzle Bread....smells like lemondrop candies and bread... [smilie=th_76d65c2f] ....very good.

Hope all are well....stay cool. :)

Burning Harry & David Moose Munch Caramel.

I've tasted that yummy treat, but didn't know there was a candle scent for it. That's cool.

This afternoon I'm melting LSC - Sugar Cookie Dough Bread. Had Cranberry Banana Bread on earlier.

I've tasted that yummy treat, but didn't know there was a candle scent for it. That's cool.

My cousin got them for me in Tampa, FL.

Melting:

TCC - 5000 Calories

Hello girls! [smilie=th_sml29]

TBG Blackberry Jam & Lemon Curd

TBG Flower Shop in the Country ~ smells just like Dreamcatcher to my nose

Wham's Berry Sweet Cakes

Swan Creek Roasted Espresso

Hope everyone is having a great day! [smilie=th_326db8b3]

Started with some duds:

- Apricot Vanilla (Sniff My Tarts) - wow, almost zero throw :(

- Willows Cuppy Cake (Sniff My Tarts) - low throw - but I could at least smell a little cake & frosting for a little while

I changed the melters pretty quick so for most of the day I had some pretty good ones going:

- Tea & Cake (Cftkr)

- Sugar Cookie Bread Dough (CFTKR)

- Rich Vanilla Champagne (TBG)

All had pretty nice throw - after about 7 hours, I dumpled them and am now just melting one: Butterfly Lane Lemon Poppyseed Muffins. Really nice scent and good throw! My first BL tart :)

I'm melting BL's Zucchini Cupcakes. They've come up with another winner.....deeelish! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

edit: Forgot to ask...anyone going with the Christmas in July theme and melting holiday scents tomorrow? [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617] Or is it just too darn hot? :wacko:

Forgot to ask...anyone going with the Christmas in July theme and melting holiday scents tomorrow? [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617] Or is it just too darn hot? :wacko:

ME!!!!!! [smilie=th_76d65c2f] I love that idea!!!

Tonight its:

Spotted Hog Orange Swirl Pound Cake from my swap box and

CFTKR Orange Chiffon Thumbprints from a CF pal.....both smell AMAZING & DELICIOUS!!! [smilie=th_teks0311]

Upstairs it's CFTKR Amish Wash Day...also from my swap box... [smilie=th_00000020]

Have a good night...[smilie=thzzz003]

Sweet - I did a reach and grab...and ended up with See the Blazing Yule Before Us by CYS. I am going to pretend that I meant to grab it and this melt tonight is a Christmas in July preemie!

[smilie=th_sign0162]

(Thankfully it is still not too hot here or that name would be a killer.)

Scentsy Cutie Pie Cupcake in the living room and my BRAND NEW!!! owl Scentsy warmer is melting up Perfectly Pomegranate in the bathroom. I collect (on a tastefully minor scale.. especially in comparison to my wax collection) owls so it is love for me.

Going to wait a little longer on my indies for fear that I am not waiting long enough for them to cure... or maybe I'll cave again.