The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Scent the Halls With Melts and Candles

Maggie and Sweet - I was thinking it was around 2008 that I ordered, so they really are holding up well!

Clever title, Boogie!

TJ's - I am glad your sniffer is better, mine is a couple days behind yours, I think. And Aria - I actually tried Cold-Eeze for the first time. I really seemed to help at the beginning, but finally I think the virus outran it.

Can't really smell much, so just a bunch of relights!

I'm starting the morning with a remelt of last night's 'Pumpkin Cheesecake.'

I need to clean out the other melters, but first - coffee!

snowman-n-tree.gif Good morning...we got a wee bit more snow last night...everything is lightly blanketed in white...looks pretty, especially the trees.

Melting an adorable gingerbread shaped tart I got as a freebie with my Wahm order. Unfortunately, it was not labeled. It's an apple cinnamon scent and smells really fantastic!

debra, I took a few Zicam melts when I first started getting the icky sore throat feeling last week. I think it really helped! I felt much better in a matter of just a couple of days. Hope you are on the mend...take care friend. toyou.gif

Have a great day...happy melting! 50505.gif

Burned a new Slatkin candle in Winter Wonderland. It burned beautifully -no drowning wicks! But the scent was soooo light- you had to be hovering over it to even catch a subtle scent- so sad.

Great December title by the way- I can't read it without singing the tune

Good morning [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe melting Pumpkin Apple Butter from Delightful Incense still not back to smelling at 100 percent but i catch a whiff every now and then. Have a great Friday all.

Hello again friends...kulsmiley1.gif

Boogie, as I was lighting my candles this evening, I was singing to myself "Scent the Halls with Melts and Candles..."Reindeer.gif

If your family hears you singing that out loud, the men in white coats will be at your door in no time ! Then you can just pelt them with tarts until they leave you alone. [smilie=th_help]

This morning I am drinking my coffee with Eggnog flavored creamer( yum,this is good!) and melting CFTKR Eggnog Cinnabons.

Stella, I'm glad you're starting to smell your waxies again! :D

Debra, feel better soon, friend. [smilie=th_sml29]

Boogie, [smilie=th_lol22]

Our winds have died down and the sky is bright blue. It's chilly this morning though. I'm still melting LSC Creamy Cinnamon Chai Latte. So perfect!

Gail

Today's melt is SH Holiday Frost. This one is so unique. It has all the cooling sensation of a minty scent, but the scent itself is more toward a Christmas tree-type scent. It's like winter air, frost on the window, a Christmas tree you cut down with your dad, and a snowy mountaintop full of icy evergreens.

This one is a little too frosty to be my main, every-year, plain tree scent, but I love it and would definitely reorder.

Geek alert -- I just started a December spreadsheet of the scents I've melted. Not to keep track of whether they're any good, but to see how fast I'm using up tarts. My January Crosscreek plotting suggests that I'd do well to pay attention to how quickly I can use up what I order.

A word to the wise . . . .

to avoid an all-out wax intervention on you by family/friends/neighbors/random mail carriers

SING QUIETLY, like so:

scent the halls with melts and candles, fa la la la la, la la la la

That way, it will appear as your normal self mutterings, and thereby preserve the right to carry on your wax addiction to your heart's content!

No white coats, no wasting tarts with pelting interventionists, its' all good!

Okay. . .

today I am melting Country Inn by Can-Do in the living room

and Country Store by Can-Do in the kitchen, and I love them both!

Cranberry Marmelade by Cozy Cottage is in the family room - divine!

Cornucopia (clam) from Haley's in 2 bathrooms - only "eh", nothing spectacular.

Fallen Leaves by Nene's in my room, which I just put in and haven't checked on yet.

It's very fall-ish inside, and a bit winter-ish outside.

[smilie=th_autumboy]

Enjoy your day, everyone!

lights-1.gifFor the afternoon, I am melting Crosscreeks Christmas Time...think this is my all time favorite scent. Carol and Nene's carry it and I love all of them equally. You just cannot go wrong with this scent...it is always good!

Boogie, lol...I don't think anyone heard me singing, but they know I am crazy anyway and the boys sort of like when I act silly...thenx.gif Hey, I am curious about that scent you are melting...I see Nene's has it too...is it any good?

Stella, glad to hear you can smell at least a little! whew.gif

karrie, at least you can enjoy the glow from your Slatkin candle cute126.gif

Gail, you've inspired me to go make a cup of chai tea! mug.gif

Laurie, Country Inn is an outstanding scent...love it! You are too funny girl..."self mutterings" rotfl2.gif

Christy, you are officially a wax geek!!! geek1.gif

I just changed out all of the melters.

my bedroom - "Mahogany Spice" from CBV

kitchen - "Amish Harvest", OMG!

living room - "Amish Quilt", Backroad Hobbies

bathroom - "Apple Mango Tango type", Backroad Hobbies

The house smells great!

I just switched to LSC White Tea & Ginger. Unlike the previous Chai, I wouldn't want to drink this one as there's just a hint of floral. Very nice scent though. [smilie=th_31]

Gail

Aria, Eggnog Cinnabons is very nice smelling. I wasn't expecting it to be a strong scent because of the eggnog, but it filled my house well. I got mainly eggnog and not cinnamon which is the point of getting an eggnog scent, don't you think ? Big thumbs up for this one !

I have had Can-Do's Country Inn and Country Store and knew I loved one A LOT. I wanted to order a 6 pack in it but couldn't remember which one of the two it was, so I ordered both in singles. I usually never want to stock up on a specific scent, so this is majorly serious business. [smilie=th_smiley_aaeq] Must have lots more...but...which one? [smilie=th_idontknow]

Hey y'all..I love all of the festive avatars and little icons. I guess I need to change out my fall one..but last time it took days for it the show up. Today I'm melting County Line Candle Co. Grandpa's pipe, which is strong and wonderful and LSC Sweet Snow, so yummy. I stopped in The Christmas Tree shop today and found some really cute, reasonably priced gift bags. this is a neat store and I never give myself enough time to casually look around. It was a lovely day in Indy and it can just stay this way all Winter. Have a great Friday evening forum buddies.

I just dumped out the living room melter - the melt from earlier just didn't last.

Now we're melting "Vanilla Pinecones" from Missy's Tempting Tarts, and burning a Slatkin "Winter" jar.

Have a great night!

Geek alert -- I just started a December spreadsheet of the scents I've melted. Not to keep track of whether they're any good, but to see how fast I'm using up tarts.

Christy-I have been making lists of all the scents I have melted each month for the past two years. I don't rate them either-I just see how many I use each month. It averages to about 3 a day so about 80-90 per month. My ordering does not offset what I melt so my stash keeps growing. I am definitely going to make a New Years resolution to use up some of my stash.

Hey y'all..I love all of the festive avatars and little icons. I guess I need to change out my fall one..but last time it took days for it the show up.

I changed my avatar days ago and it just showed up yesterday. I would change my avatar more often but I always have problems when doing so.

I melted some really old ones today. I think they are at least 3 years old. They were from GHBT -Christmas Splendor and Christmas Cabarnet. They have been going 10 hours already and still going strong!! Plenty of scent still left in them.

Debra - hope your sniffer is better soon! [smilie=th_slider_hi5]

I'm melting Jaimie Lauren's Pumpkin Cheesecake from a CF friend. [smilie=thank_you] It's very good - strong and yummy! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] Not to sceer ya...but do ya'll realize Christmas is only 3 weeks from Sunday? :blink:

[smilie=th_bb20]

edited for spelling

Happy Friday to everyone! I'm burning Slatkin Dark Chocolate Mint right now; it's making me want to run toward the giant box of Fannie May chocolates I have on the counter [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] . Earlier today while I was getting things done around the house I burned YC's Pink Sands--so refreshing and juicy!