The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  

Greetings From NY

Hello fellow candlelovers! My name is Nicole. I just wanted to introduce myself. I have recently become just a tad crazy about candles and now not a day goes by that I don't burn them. I am on a quest for the highest scented but longest burning candles so any info would be greatly appreciated. I am also trying to figure out what is better: paraffin or soy wax? Which one holds more scent? Which one burns longer? Anyway, happy to be a part of the forum and hope everyone has a great day!

[smilie=th_Welcome1-1]

Nicolette!

I think you're gonna like it here.

Do you melt tarts at all or just burn candles?

Tarts is a whole 'nuther addiction, definately worth looking into!!

[smilie=th_sHellobar] Nicole and [smilie=th_we0081] to the boards! I think different people will have different opinions on the soy vs. paraffin debate...personally, I think the paraffin burns stronger and longer but I rather burn soy in my home for less black soot. I melt more than burn so I usually don't worry about that much. ;)

:hello: Nicole! Glad you've joined us! [smilie=th_smilies_welcome]

I am also trying to figure out what is better: paraffin or soy wax? Which one holds more scent? Which one burns longer?

Everyone's burning/melting experience is unique to them/their home. You'd probably get a different answer from all on the forum. It's a good idea to experiment and decide which one works for you. An even better reason to shop for waxies!:ssshopping:

[smilie=th_Welcome1-1]

Nicolette!

I think you're gonna like it here.

Do you melt tarts at all or just burn candles?

Tarts is a whole 'nuther addiction, definately worth looking into!!

I burn both tarts and candles but right now my candle addiction is in need of some quenching lol