The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

August's Heat Wave of Wax

Michele, I'm so glad to hear that you have no problems as a result of Irene and I hope you find the same tomorrow at your beach house.

Our nephew and his girlfriend arrived this afternoon. I chose Vanilla Suede from Scentsy for the main part of the house and White Sands from Scentsy for the bedroom they're staying in. Tomorrow they are taking us on an airplane tour of the Grand Canyon. OMG! I've never been and I'm beyond excited!

Goodmorning, [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

This am I am melting Better Homes and Garden - Wild Berry Cheesecake. I just LOVE LOVE this scent. In other room I am melting Haley's Apple Orchard...Smells so good...

Michele, glad everything went ok for you all.

Funnybone, those are two of my favorites! I bet your house smells great!

I'm melting my last YC 'Pumpkin Buttercream' tart. I still don't know if I love this one. Sometimes it smells a little bit 'off', but then every now and then I get a whiff that smells really delicious.

Have a great Monday!

Starting the day off by warming the melters to see if there's any scent left before I change them out and convert them to votives.

I've been melting Indonesian Teakwood from Nene's in my room for 2 days, and it's definately still going strong. I like this one a lot.

:D

Also, I have Red Hot Cinnamon from Crabby Candle in my DS room - a dog must have been sick in the night and left a poopy mess in there, so we needed a good strong tart!

:mellow:

Once I finish the school drop-off runs, I'll tend to the melters.

Hopefully.

DD is showing signs of a migraine, so that plan may take a detour.

:(

Have a great day, all!

Good morning

Today i am melting cast iron cookies from can do and pink pumpkins from shazy both smell very good.

Have a great day.

Alrighty then!

Sea Kelp from Albisa went to the hallway for it's retirement

Lavender Vanilla from Haley's took it's place in the living room

Lemongrass Verbena clam from BHG in my bathroom

Indonesian Teakwood from Nene's still crankin it out in my bedroom

Red Hot Cinnamon from Crabby Candle doing the same in DS room

I think Gain Laundry from Crabby Candle (clam) is still going in the kids' bathroom, but the girls use so many products in there in the morning, I can't tell if the tart is still throwing or their goodies are still lingering.

:laugh:

And I'm about to throw Neroli Jasmine from CYS in the family room.

It's my last attempt with my CYS tarts before I break down and totally cry.

:crysmiley1:

I think I got these back in February and not the first one has had even the tiniest throw. I am devistated. They are big, beautiful tart cups, with the most interesting-sounding scent descriptions. I ordered a bunch right before the singles were discontinued. I know a lot of people like them and I know they were going thru an ownership switch-over, but for me a total bust.

[smilie=th_idontknow]

I think I will post about this in another section and see what anyone has to share.

thcomputer.gifGood Morning...getting ready to run some errands in just a bit.

Found a wayward bag of miscellaneous tarts in the basement yesterday, mostly fall type scents...so I am melting one of them...Crosscreeks' Tricky Treats...smells yummy.

Michele, so glad the storm didn't hit you too hard.

mpfand, enjoy your tour of the Grand Canyon. DH and I went there for our honeymoon and it is so breathtaking!

Have a great day everyone! 45657.gif

Puppy & TJ'sMom - Yikes! Still over 100 degrees for U??? :shock: When does it typically start cooling down 4 U?

[smilie=th_sSig_what] were your DGD's doing up at 4AM??

Sweet, it should begin to cool here sometime in September, but it's usually mid-October before we get a hint of fall. My girlies were up at that early hour because they were excited about my arrival. So cute!

Gail, can't believe it is so hot over there!!! OMG! Stay cool dear friend...fall is a comin'! 86724.gif

[smilie=th_teks0311] Aria. You're such a peach. We're doing fine. Thank heaven for A/C!

Michele, I'm so happy you didn't have any problems! [smilie=th_sign0162] Hopefully you'll be able to say the same about your beach house. Thinking of you...

Mpfand, seeing the Grand Canyon for the first time will take your breath away! Have an exhilarating experience!

I'm melting LSC Raspberry Preserves this morning. Mmm, where's my English muffin and a knife? [smilie=th_sml29]

Gail

[smilie=The_Hi] Hi All!

Michele, so glad everything worked out for you guys...unfortunately, we weren't so lucky. :( While the winds were much less than expected...the rains were unbelieveable!!! Our power went out and our basement flooded. The bathroom had some kind of brown gunk leaking from the ceiling...probably from the leaves in the gutters backing up. It's under the wallpaper now and it smells!!! [smilie=th_u53] Our house backs up to acres of woods and there's a tiny creek that runs thru that usually has about 3 inches of water in it. Well, the entire wooded area was a RIVER rushing by and taking everything in it's path. Of course, our motto has been..."it could have been worse!"...we are all ok...including my Dad...that's the important part! :) I hope everyone else is doing ok with minimal damage!!!

Today it's: ..trying to use strong ones to cover the "wet" smell!!!

Cookie Jar from Bridgewater

DejaVu from CanDo

Celtic Moonspice from Luna Bleu

Foo Foo Lime from Bliss

Oh Maggie, glad to hear from you and that you're okay - sorry to hear about the flooding tho! ugh

See, the melties are coming in handy! I love the spin you put on it

;)

hang in there

Oh Maggie, glad to hear from you and that you're okay - sorry to hear about the flooding tho! ugh

See, the melties are coming in handy! I love the spin you put on it

;)

hang in there

Thanks Laurie!! :)

Switching my scents...just for you! ;) Put on CYS Carmelized Praline Pear Cake to get an idea of throw...let me say my entire house smells YUMMY!!! This is definitely throwing great...not sure if it's just a strong scent or what but [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

[smilie=The_Hi] Hi All!

Michele, so glad everything worked out for you guys...unfortunately, we weren't so lucky. :( While the winds were much less than expected...the rains were unbelieveable!!! Our power went out and our basement flooded. The bathroom had some kind of brown gunk leaking from the ceiling...probably from the leaves in the gutters backing up. It's under the wallpaper now and it smells!!! [smilie=th_u53]

So sorry to hear that Maggie. It seems that for some reason those inland were hit harder than the shoreline. It is hard to figure out why. Makes no sense.

Thanks everyone!! I am staying at the beach for the rest of this week and hopefully will have little or no clean up.

Meeting some friends for lunch so no melting now. I will probably melt tonight when I am settled.

I hope everyone enjoys their day!! You were all so kind to think of me!!

I just put on 'Snickerdoodle' from Kim's Tart Candles. It smells fantastic!

It's pouring rain right now, so I'm sorting through my tart bins. Tidying them up, and figuring out what scent families I'm running low on. Can you believe that I only have THREE pumpkin blend tarts left?! Need more soon. On the other hand, I have about thirty pine/tree/spruce scents! These things are good to know before I place my fall & winter tart orders.

This afternoon I'm melting TCC Pumpkin Crunch Cake in the main rooms and CFTKR Wildberry Mousse Zucchini in the bathroom.

For this afternoon, I am melting Why I Autumn from CBV downstairs and Bergamot Spice from TDC upstairs (91-1.gif katz!)

Maggie, sorry to hear about the flooded basement and icky wallpaper thingy...take care dear friend. angel.gif

Getting ready to fix the boys and I a bite to eat and then off to take DS#1 to karate5.gif

ThroughDoorSmiley-1.gif

Michele & MaggieMae [smilie=th_wave] - so glad to hear from you! Good news for you Michele - I hope your beach house fared as well! MaggieMae - sorry you had a flooded basement. Hope it was just an inch rather than a foot. Was anything ruined? Hope the stuff behind your wallpaper stops smelling soon. [smilie=th_stink] Ooooo...might be a reason for some *new* wallpaper in there! [smilie=th_c032]

Mpfand - hope you had a fantastic time exploring the Grand Canyon! [smilie=yes]

I'm melting YC's Kitchen Spice. Mmmmmm...good! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] This was my fave of their new fall scents. I'll never know about the Apple Pumpkin....it was all gone. [smilie=th_sad2hz1]

Maggie, jeepers, that's awful about your waterlogged basement. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon Wretched news about your stinky bathroom too. [smilie=th_puke] You do have some terrific scents going there, so hopefully they're helping. Take care, girl. I hope things get resolved pretty quickly so you and your family can get back to normal. I'm so glad you're all okay!

I'm melting FP Grapes & Huckleberries. Fruity, berry heaven! [smilie=yes]

Gail

Morning everyone - spring has come. The magnolia tree is in full bloom, the violets and daffodils are out and the temp has gone up to long tshirt level.

To celebrate I'm burning YC's Country Lemonade. Which at the moment doesn't have that strong a throw at all.

This evening we are enjoying a few candles...dreams.gif

Swan Creek votve ~ Snickerdoodle ~ love

Scentsible Scents votive ~ Days of Olde ~ also love

McCall's jar ~ Autumn Leaves ~ screams fall to me

Slatkin jar ~ Autumn ~ veddy nice

Hope all of my candle friends have a sweetly scented, peaceful evening...2sgn105Night.gif

Good evening tonight i still have my pink pumpkin from shazy going and added mandarin coconut i can smell orange no coconut

have a great evening all

So sorry to hear that Maggie. It seems that for some reason those inland were hit harder than the shoreline. It is hard to figure out why. Makes no sense.

Thanks Michele! :) We are only about 20-25 minutes from the closest beach but you are right...inland got crushed. My sis lives 2 hours inland- up in the mountains- and she got flooded as well... [smilie=th_idontknow]

Maggie, sorry to hear about the flooded basement and icky wallpaper thingy...take care dear friend.

Thanks Aria! :) It will all work out...we lost our power again today for 6 hours..and it's beautiful outside...huh? But the DH still has no power at his work...they suspect it could be days!

MaggieMae - sorry you had a flooded basement. Hope it was just an inch rather than a foot. Was anything ruined? Hope the stuff behind your wallpaper stops smelling soon. Ooooo...might be a reason for some *new* wallpaper in there!

Thanks Sweet! :) The wallpaper is kinda new...so I'm not too happy about replacing it... [smilie=th_smiley-crying]

It was about 2 inches..so not too bad. Our old neighbors- where we used to live- looked like their house was put down in the middle of a lake...about 3-4 feet of water surrounding it. Glad we moved.

Maggie, jeepers, that's awful about your waterlogged basement. Wretched news about your stinky bathroom too. You do have some terrific scents going there, so hopefully they're helping. Take care, girl. I hope things get resolved pretty quickly so you and your family can get back to normal. I'm so glad you're all okay!

Thanks Gail! :) Since we lost power again we are leaving the generators right where they are! I hope that was the last of it for us...but ya never know!!!

Well, the CYS tart is still going...it's not as powerful as earlier, but after the power came on it's been going for about 4-5 hours. :) And the Celtic Moonspice is still kicking in the family room!! Gotta love that one! ;)