The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Can't help lovin' those melts of mine

The snow's been light and not sticking, so I must have the Power to make it go away. (Yes, that capital P is Intentional!) [smilie=th_smilies-1]

Lynn, you actually WANT to know how a grandpa smells? You seem like a rather strange girl... (Just teasing ya, all in good fun, so please don't take me seriously. I'm a big goofball.) [smilie=th_200912104451]

Maggie, I'm so happy I made your whole family giggle. Life's way too short to not giggle and chuckle as often as we can, KWIM? [smilie=th_31]

Sweet, sorry to hear you've got puny wicks with your Slatkin Fresh Balsam. Such a bummer when that happens! I've been having a l'il issue with Haley's Hansel & Gretel's House double wicker. Unlike Slatkin, that's kind of unusual for Haley's. BUGS me though! [smilie=grrr]

Sweet again, yes, I definitely can smell the tea and am familiar with Constant Comment. Mandarin Ceylon isn't nearly as spicy as CC, and it actually has a teeny floral note to my nose, which would normally make me throw it out. But I just love it! I think it's rather complex, mostly black tea scented, a bit of citrus, not much spice, a teensy hint of floral and 100% wonderful. Oh, and here in my house it's not a huge thrower like so many of Pam's. Plenty good enough, no complaints from me whatsoever, but it's not a knock-your-socks-off-when-you-enter-the-house scent. I'd most definitely reorder. Hope that helps.

Gail

[smilie=th_Welcome_from_the_Whol Mistysunrise! Your spring flower avatar is sure purdy!

I'm ending the day with LOL's Honey Gingerbread from a CF friend. [smilie=thank_you] This is one of my fave scents, it smells delish and is also kind of a 'comfort' one for me. [smilie=th_LOVE]

Hi Misty! [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

I had LSC - Honey Vanilla Love Dust melting til DH came home and said the house smelled like burning cork and that it can't be good for us. [smilie=th_sign0164]

Dumped - on to LSC Cinnamon Cider, I think it is called.

Good Night everyone....

Its been a very productive day today, got alot of housework done with the windows open, had a wonderful walk with the dog and did a little coffee shopping for my Keurig and then home alone for a bit before the family comes home from a game!!

Burning a mixture of scents tonight and I am enjoying the variety of smells!! From Can Do's Grannys Apples to Carols True Lavender to Haleys PS Lemon and its all mixing perfectly!!

Rest well everyone [smilie=th_offtobed]

Just put on my first ever CrossCreek melt - Grapefruit Jasmine

It's been *trying times* around here - DH wrecked the 2nd car since December. Under the gun to get something *cheap* for him to drive by Monday for work, I turned to Craig's List and got the bad end of a car deal with a truly psychopathic liar. I am emotionally drained, I hate Hate HATE dealing with such negativity. I don't understand and will NEVER understand dirtbags without a conscience.

Sorry for the rant.

Hey, Gail!!! I am married to a grandpa that smells pretty darn good MOST of the time! LOL! [smilie=th_tease-1]

Still melting LSC Apple Butter Pound Cake and burning Sugar & Spice Cake Batter Ice Cream candle. :D

Had a great day shopping at Macy's for my little grandaughter today.

Now I am officially on a no-buy! [smilie=th_sad-1]

Lynn

Oh Laurie, I am so sorry to hear about your crashed car and unfortunate experience with trying to find a new one. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] I don't know why there are people out there who don't care about others...you wonder how they sleep at night. That's why when ya meet kind ones--it means so much! I hope something good works out for you by Monday!...I also hope you enjoyed your first Crosscreek tart!

Melting

Wildberry Cheesecake from GH&G...super nice!

Goodnight... [smilie=thzzz003]

I had LSC - Honey Vanilla Love Dust melting til DH came home and said the house smelled like burning cork and that it can't be good for us.

Debra - burning cork? :blink: I 'spose that's better than some of his other descriptions. [smilie=th_giggle] Did U like that scent?

Laurie - Cars!!! [smilie=th_pullhair] So sorry to hear of your car trials. Sounds like it's better if U get as far away from that person as U can. Whatcha think of your first CrossCreek? [smilie=th_c032]

I'm melting LS's Lemon Shortbread (yum!) and burning Slatkins Vanilla Shortbread, which, contrary to the name, has a lemon-y sniff. Ahhh...lemon heaven in here! [smilie=cloud_9]

In the bedroom/office I've got Better Homes and Gardens Wild Berry Cheesecake.

Livingroom and kitchen have already had a Winter Pine candle from Target. I started burning it last night, and while it smelled great, it was tunneling. I tried everything that I could think of, but finally gave up. The wick was off center and there wasn't anything that would fix it, so this morning I stuck the whole thing on a candle warmer until it was completely melted, and then poured the wax into 1oz plastic cups. I'm thinking that once they harden, I can just use them like tarts.

That's it so far.

This morning's melt is Lemon Bread from Frontporchcandles and its amazing. I am really enjoying my mini order from FPC and look forward to trying more. She has mostly bakery though, so that has to be where your head is at when ordering from frontporch.

Just relaxing today, all day...........back to work tomorrow after a week off. Ugh! It's supposed to be raining horrible tomorrow too, just what you need to get you going after a vacation......NOT!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday with family and/or friends.

Oh yea, welcome Misty! Sit back and get ready for loads of info and chat.

I tried everything that I could think of, but finally gave up. The wick was off center and there wasn't anything that would fix it, so this morning I stuck the whole thing on a candle warmer until it was completely melted, and then poured the wax into 1oz plastic cups. I'm thinking that once they harden, I can just use them like tarts.

That's it so far.

[smilie=th_cc8]

I tried everything that I could think of, but finally gave up. The wick was off center and there wasn't anything that would fix it, so this morning I stuck the whole thing on a candle warmer until it was completely melted, and then poured the wax into 1oz plastic cups. I'm thinking that once they harden, I can just use them like tarts.

That's it so far.

[smilie=th_cc8]

[smilie=th_Hello_] Welcome to Misty, Jedda, and all the newest arrivals!

Laurie, I'm sorry about your car and your run in with a human parasite. Hope things look brighter real soon, my friend.

Jedda, sounds like a great solution to tunneling!

I'm melting CCCC Hot Buttered Rum. This was a freebie and not one I'd choose. So many buttery scents just smell rancid to me. Not this one!!! :cupid-arrow:

Happy Sunday, wax buddies!

Gail

:hello: I have LSC Sweet Snow going in the kitchen and LR and also burning Sugar & Spice Cake Batter Ice Cream in the kitchen. Yum! It smells great in here! Going to have to get some housework done today. :mad:

Lynn

Laurie, so sorry to hear about that car thing! How awful. I hate buying cars and having to get them fixed.

Today I'm melting EW Lemon Biscotti and plotting a SH tart order to get the free shipping. The current tart smells good now, but I initially tried to melt it while I had bacon in the oven and the fragrance was totally overwhelmed by the bacon. Pretty silly of me, but it's yummy now.

Weird thing that's happened to me since joining CF -- I used to be mostly a candle person who did a little melting on the side, and now I'm more into melting and trying to use up my candles. Anyone else feel this way? Maybe it's partly because having a kitty these days makes candle safety more of a hassle (not that I'm complaining!).

P.S. Is anyone else contemplating the SH free shipping special?

Laurie, I feel your pain. Last week, it was DS car master cylinder and a new muffler and this week his car ran hot driving to school. We had numerous hoses replaced (original ones). It's a 93 Honda but he has to have a ride to get back and forth to school. I thought, I could buy a pretty nice new refig, with those 2 repair bills. [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe Anyway, I got my order from Ten Digits and today I am melting Adrenaline and Gypsy Magic.

Our weather is shaping up to be a really nice week (warmer). My flowers are popping up everywhere. [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr Have a great day everyone.