The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

June's Summertime Scents

Guest Anonymous

Nene's Lime in da coconut. YC's Vanilla Lime. They smell great together.

[smilie=thank_you] Hey girls..

Today I am melting CHC Watermelon Kick..its really yummy and good!! Hope you all are having a fun Saturday..its quite warm here in NC!!

[smilie=th_teks0311]

fresh laundry in laundry room and living room

sweet melon in daughters bedroom

lick me all over in living room

sugar cookie in bathroom

tea and ginger in bathroom

lemon lavender in bedroom

I just started yc's cucumber cantaloupe in the computer room. The candle-lite rose never did throw at all, so I dumped it after one tealight. This one is much better! I still have lotus blossom from yc and fresh linen from Dollar Tree going strong. I need to change out the one in the kitchen, too, but I haven't decided what I want yet.

Jules--thanks so much for the info--I love the Yankee Vanilla Cupcake and I like them strong so I would have been disappointed in the Colonial one.

I got some of the new Yankee scents today

Orchard Pear--I think I'm going to like this one from the cold sniff.

Candied Apple--ditto

Chocolate Cupcake--can't tell from the cold smell

Green Bamboo--I wouldn't usually even try one like this but it kind of intrigued me.

Blueberry Scone--the cold sniff is a little sour--will have to melt it and see if it improves.

I passed on the Cafe Au Lait--I like it but am not sure I want that much coffee smell in my house--may try it later.

Evening Air--passed on this one--I never like this type of scent.

There were a couple more they didn't have out yet.

I have YC Berry Jam on for the evening--I like this one more every time I melt it. Have a great evening, everyone.

Law, it is hot here in SC...just a screen door between us and hell! I think we are in for a fiery summer! I am now melting French vanilla and oak from Grandma's homebrewed tarts!

Slpit - lemme know what you think - I got the same candle from SI and have not burned it yet. Cold is nice!

Debra I divided a tart between 2 -24 watt burners in my living room. You can definitely detect the lavender in this one but it is lightened by the patchouli and they blend to form a really nice scent. This has been going now for almost 8 hours and still throwing scent. I am really pleasantly surprised that it has lasted this long considering the amount of wax in each burner and they do burn very hot.

This is my first order from SI and the other one I tried was Pear Indulgence and I really liked that...it has a very different kick in it and I think I detect some type of mint.

Both of these are reorders for me.

Nope! Not a duh! This is a new vendor to some of us (like me!) Soy Indulgence

Thanks for the info slpit, wish I would have gotten the tarts as I don't burn candles until I have enough time to get a big pool. Sometimes they sit for a bit.

Tonight is NeNe: Spa

Candles by Carol: Pink Watermelon - yum!

Hi Candlefaninokc,

I picked up tarts of the new fall scents at YC yesterday plus a Vanilla Cupcake tart for comparison with the Chocolate cupcake. The clerk suggested trying half of each melted together. interesting.

I like the Green Bamboo and Cafe Au Lait cold sniffs. I haven't melted any yet. [smilie=th_WE1summer013] I'm on the fence about the Evening Air scent. I must melt it to get a fair opinion on it.

Can't wait to hear what you think of them, Jules! I think that's a great idea to try melting half of each Cupcake scent. I will try that after I melt the new one by itself!

Tonight, I am melting the new YC Blueberry Scone and it is wonderful! Nancy, it doesn't smell sour to me at all. If you like blueberry scents, I think you would enjoy it. It's one of the more unique YC bakery scents to come out in awhile, imo. Can't wait to get more of these!

BTW, Nancy you are right about Cafe au Lait. If you don't want your house smelling like Starbucks, you don't want that scent. I like my house to smell like Starbucks occasionally, but it is definitely strong.

Mmmm, I just had an idea to try half a Cafe au Lait and half a Blueberry Scone. That could be delicious!

It's almost 90 and it's not even 10:30 yet. Yikes! [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

Heidi, yesterday was quite a steamer here in NC. I hibernated as much as I could...Not looking forward to another 100 degree day today, but I have errands to do and must get out.

Melted some of my Aroma Soy by Grazia summer scents yesterday, and they were perfect ! Margaritavilla Breeze and Calypso MangoRita were tangy, fruity, and upbeat. Great throw on Grazia's melts.

Jason--thanks for the info. I do like blueberry scents so I imagine the Blueberry Scone will be fine once I melt it. You know how hard it is sometimes to get a good cold sniff with the tight wrapping on Yankee tarts. Will try it later. Did you do the Bamboo one yet?

This morning it is HL (Huckleberry Layne) Wisteria--so far, so good. Have a great day everyone. It is a steamer here in SW MO.

Guest Anonymous

Nene's Tea Party - Good one, but a little more 'fall' than I probably should have picked. I'm only melting it for work though so I'll jump into a summer scent when I'm done [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

It's supposed to get up to 103 today! [smilie=th_WE1summer013] If today wasn't church, I wouldn't step foot out the door. Oh well. At least the church will have the a/c cranked.

I'm not melting anything yet since we're getting ready to leave in a bit, but I'll get them going when I get home.

I hope you all have a great day!

I had Coconut Pear from LOL for the overnight burn and it did very well and i woke up to a delightful fruity scent.

I have switched out to Brown Sugar in the living room from Soy Indulgence.Once again a wonderful scent. Just like you were melting brwon sugar in a cast rion pan readying it for candy making. Very strong throw as well. Time will tell.

In the comp room it is Blackberry Pie from BusyBee. I knew I forgot to order something. I just love this blackberry. Just like the apron full of fresh berries we used to pick along the fenceline....but few made the kitchen. Wonderful succulent berry scent.