The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
DebbieT

January's Happy New Scents

Hi everyone! [smilie=th_wave]

LLVV, I hope you're on the mend. [smilie=th_sml29]

Cat, have a ball shopping today! I can't wait to hear all the details. [smilie=th_OMG]

Candlelove, that's so funny about the Creme Brulee smell in your car. [smilie=th_giggle]

Tunisian, that's strange about Carol's last batch not throwing. Any clue as to what's going on? :lol:

Barbita, who's the vendor on the Buttercream Cupcakes? A few people have commented in the past that anything with "cream" in it can be rancid smelling. [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] I haven't had that happen, hope I never do! What'd you switch to? How's your weather down there?

Dave, great to see you posting! [smilie=th_insane]

Mom, I hope your DD gets better quick. :lol:

I'm melting LOL's Cafe Vienna. Ohhhh so strong and authentic on this cold wet day. [smilie=th_sml29] The big storm is supposed to hit anytime now. Tons of rain and up to 60 mph wind. It's a mess around here but we'll get through it! [smilie=th_aa17]

Have a good day, buddies. [smilie=th_Hnh5]

Gail

Hi Gail,

It was Haley's. But then I remembered that I Don't like anyone's Buttercream.

It's pouring again today, with thunder and lightning expected.

I am now melting Haley's Cassada Italian Wedding Cake. This one is very good!

Dave, welcome to the board. Nice to have a little winter spring combo.

momof2,hope DD is on the mend soon. nice you can have some wax shopping time on this rainy day. enjoy.

Gail, not sure what it is. I dug into them last night and wasn't getting much throw, again this morning and not a whole lot. I love the scents just not throwing. maybe they need to cure a bit??she does ship out so fast but also has them already made.

maybe my sniffer is off today. I've thrown out more liquid wax today. found a Nene's candycorn buttercream at the bottom a basket the other day. had no throw, which I know that sometimes the buttercreams don't.

right now I've got Can-do Vanilla butter fudge and I'm getting nothing. hmmm. I've put off melting Meme's House. maybe that will do it.

Thanks for the info, Barbita. [smilie=th_sml29]

Tunisian, I've had days like that too. One was really recent, maybe last week. I was ready to bump LOL down to a not-so-favorite vendor that day. :lol: But all's well and back to normal now. Weird, eh? Is there such a thing as a 24 hour candle nose bug? :lol: I hope things improve for you soon. That scenario is just no fun! [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet]

I'm melting Cheryl's utterly divine Pumpkin Pie Spice this afternoon. [smilie=th_OMG]

Gail

Afternoon melts are from the awesome order from Carol....

Fruity Loops

Lemon Pound Cake

Smells great in here!

cheer2.gif

Good afternoon everyone.

Thank you for the well wishes. DD and I are much better today. She's slowly getting her appetite back but lacks energy. She did manage to muster up some to go play outside. I wanted to get some fresh air into her lungs and some sunny vitamin D into her skin. We had fun. I'm taking her to karate in an hour. She really wants to go and is looking forward to it. I know she's still not feeling 100% because I offered to take her out to dinner and she wants homemade food tonight. I guess we'll snuggle up on the couch and watch a movie with some spaghetti. DD is on a business trip so it's easy cooking for tonight. I have leftover marinara in the fridge. I wanted to sneak over to the mall but I don't think she'll be up for it after karate so we'll do that next week.

Aria...I'm also melting Fruity Loops. It's such a nice scent this time of year. For the first few hours you can actually smell the cereal in it.

Momuv2 - I hope for DD feels better soon!

Yucky sicky. I hope the DD's feel better soon.

Yankee is bringing back another batch of favorites. Has anyone smelled Splash of Rain? Should I be grabbing that one up?

This afternoon:

SSS Lemon Noel

GG - Key Lime

been on a while, it might be time for another change soon.

Yucky sicky. I hope the DD's feel better soon.

Yankee is bringing back another batch of favorites. Has anyone smelled Splash of Rain? Should I be grabbing that one up?

This afternoon:

SSS Lemon Noel

GG - Key Lime

been on a while, it might be time for another change soon.

Hey Jules, I just got back from a YC run, and of course had to sniff all the Treasures. Splash of Rain was interesting. I thought it might be kind of like Storm Watch, but it really wasn't to me. Hard to describe. Wish I could try it in the tart, but not sure if I'd buy the big jar. I was also looking forward to sniffing Lemon Chiffon, but I didn't think it smelled as good as I was hoping.

The Mookie Doodle tarts puttered out...about 9 hours...pretty impressive. The Bella's is still going strong in the FR. Switched the MD for Hey Blondie from Wns. It's been in the melter for about 3 minutes and I can smell the "waft"....yummy good. Smells like vanilla cake batter and caramel...I'm going to check the site...Nope...it's buttercream, vanilla and toffee. I wish I had a more deciphering nose. [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet]

Momoftwo~ Hope your DD feels better soon.

Good Afternoon! Home after a lovely day.

Currently melting-Huckleberry Layne-Red Clover Tea

Huckleberry Layne-Vanilla Grapefruit

LOL-Blueberry Lemon Bundt Cake

Thanks for the well wishes for my daughter - she's feeling better but the cough sounds nasty so I'm not sure if she'll stay home tomorrow again or not. She had pneumonia last year about this time so I'm watching it carefully.

In between scents right now - can't decide.

Cat - I'm anxious to hear how you like the HL wax. I keep window shopping the website.

Cat, glad you had a good day. Looks like you picked up some goodies!

Gail, I love the '24 hour candle bug' nose. I think all it took was a CBV butter rum crunch scent shot. wowza! It has been going for about 3 hours now and at one point, I thought I'd have to turn the melter off. It is very strong!

Jason, thank you for the insight into that YC scent. It sounds good.

Tonight I melted Crosscreek - Fresh Baked Bread. It went well with dinner.

I'll go with Blue Gecko - Spiced Caramel Latte later tonight, thanks to a CF buddy. :)

Susan, I'm glad your nose is working properly now. :)

Mom, that' must have been pretty scary last year. I'm sure you're taking great care of your sweet DD. Hope she continues to improve.

I'm melting Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice from Cheryl. Aptly named! [smilie=th_a056]

Gail

I was out for most of the day and when I got back after 7-8 hours the melts were still going strong. I actually had to turn off the melters because the scent was so strong.

I had going Busy Bee Orange Chiffon, CYS Blood Orange, and CYS Orange Cinnamon. These were all great!

Heading back out for a dinner with friends. This has been a very busy week. Maybe next week I will get to sit and relax with some wax. Older DD is coming for the weekend so I will probably be busy again.

I have found that Haley's Buttercream Cupcakes has a bit of a rancid smell to it also. I have a small jar that I am burning in a candle right now. I will finish up the candle though.

I'm now melting an old single wick jar of YC Autumn Leaves. For me, melting the whole jar is much better then burning it. No throw when I burned it, now good throw melting it. :)

When I came home tonite, I pulled the car into the garage and the smell of delicious scents filled it. I opened the door to come in and nothing, How'd that happen? All the scent is out in the garage?:) Ready for a change up...how about Cran Apple Crunch from Huckleberry Layne in honor of Cat's trip. [smilie=th_a056]

Guest ilovescentedthings
I was out for most of the day and when I got back after 7-8 hours the melts were still going strong. I actually had to turn off the melters because the scent was so strong.

I had going Busy Bee Orange Chiffon, CYS Blood Orange, and CYS Orange Cinnamon. These were all great!

Heading back out for a dinner with friends. This has been a very busy week. Maybe next week I will get to sit and relax with some wax. Older DD is coming for the weekend so I will probably be busy again.

I have found that Haley's Buttercream Cupcakes has a bit of a rancid smell to it also. I have a small jar that I am burning in a candle right now. I will finish up the candle though.

Just curious does it still smell like barf when burning versus melting it? I have had the same issue with that scent from her. Has anyone said anything to her about that one scent?

Ilove and all of us that have spoken from time to time about the rancid butter/emesis/parmesan cheese-smelling buttercreams...

there is one thing I don't understand. I know usually the minute I open the lid, I will smell it. Do you think that the vendors' noses are so blown away from all the scents they work with that they can't smell it? do you think the smell doesn't develop immediately and during the time of sending to the time of delivery, the scent has more time to turn into that rancid smell? I know I've had it with one of Cheryl's buttercreams. also just one of bizzyb's. I know when a vendor has a ton of scents, it may be hard to try each one, but I think before I put one out for the public, I'd have to do some scent testing first to see how it does.

Hey there CF friends! Smiley-wavingbothhands.gif

Enjoying another scent from Carol this evening. It's called Winter Cabin....OMGoodness....what a wonderful scent....love the sandalwood in it. Glad I ordered multiples of this one!

Maggie, I miss Mookie Doodle!

Have a great night everyone!

Tonight I'm melting Carol's Vanilla Hazelnut Coffee...sooo good! I'm burning YC Cinnamon Toast.

Guest ilovescentedthings

Susan,

I am not too sure as to what to think. But I am starting to wonder if several of us told Janet,maybe she might try another vendor for buttercream.

Yankee Candles Buttercream is not barfy smelling. Glad to know about Cheryl's as she is another vendor I would love to try out.

Personally I think whether a vendor has 1 or 1,000 scents it should be tested before going public. I can't phathom that when making the tarts with that scent,they honestly don't smell puke,barf,vomit etc. I know I would as I smell it on cold sniff.

FWIW, I have a friend who used to have a thriving handmade soap business, complete with beautiful soap house, etc. It was one of my favorite places to hang out because the fragrances were wonderful. The whole soap house smelled exquisite. But my friend couldn't smell A THING. She would have to get family and friends opinions on every new scent she concocted. Maybe some of our wax vendors have a similar issue. IDK...

Gail