The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
DebbieT

January's Happy New Scents

Just got home and have switched to Vanilla Caramel from Yankee. I was at the Yankee store today and they were unpacking all the new spring stuff--super cute--there are wildflowers, and birds and bees and it is so pretty. They also had in Lemon Chiffon candles--very nice bakery lemon.

Figured out what to melt....Can-Do's Festival of Lights! I like this scent...it's not too spicy and really cozy.

Good afternoon everyone.

Wow! we just had a tornado warning here in Southern Calif.__Blue_Whirlie___by_TheOriginalMito.pngVery unusual for us.

I'm melting GC Gingerbread House on this chilly rainy day._rain__by_Kermodog.gif

Barbita - hope U don't get any more of those warnings. That's one thing I really dislike about spring and summer. [smilie=th_wave] I'll take a blizzard over a tornado any day.

Melting Can-Do's Sugar Butt. Really sweet...but good! [smilie=th_welcometoforum]

I think it's over now. There was an unconfirmed tornado in Orange County. A lot of wind and an overturned parked car.

We do have a lot of snow in our local motntains, and it is beautiful.

Melting Haley's Mrs. Claus Cookies. [smilie=th_welcometoforum]

Today the weather was lousy here in CT - a cold rain/snow mix.

So I've got a comfort blend in the melters tonight - Spiced Cranberry and Sweet Buns, both from Crosscreek, and Cinnamon Cranberry Harvest and Amish Quilt from CFTKR. My house smells unbelievably good!

[smilie=th_welcometoforum]

Trep, that Lemon Chiffon sounds like a must try! [smilie=th_welcometoforum]

And denimsway, candlelove --

IMO most of the YC and other candles at TJMaxx and similar stores are usually factory seconds or just plain ancient, which is why they don't perform like they should. (And why they're so cheap!) I've gotten lucky on occasion with candles from these stores but most of the time I strike out...just a crapshoot I guess. I bought a WoodWick from TJ Maxx in the fall and it tunnelled like mad and would not stay lit, though the scent was OK. Oh well - it's all part of the fun!

Melting

CYS Blackberry Marshmallow Cake

LOL Sugared Blueberry Pancakes

It smells really good in here...Now off for a [smilie=th_welcometoforum] ...I'm sure it will smell delicious when I come back in....I just love that "re-entering the house" smell. [smilie=th_wave]

Mjc, I agree. I've had no luck with candles from those types of stores. I have to do a lot of self talk when I'm shopping in the store because the candles are SO TEMPTING!

Maggie, that "re-entering the house" smell is just the best!

I'm melting LOL's Winter Wonderland. Love this one. Too bad it's going bye bye.

Gail

Hi all,

Today I melted GG Buns of Steel. A good one but I had to blow it out since it was competing with my short ribs that were roasting in the oven. They are still roasting so no melting for me tonight until they are done!

Maggie, I love that "re-entering" effect as well. Makes you say Ahhhh Home!

Have a good night everyone....I may post later if I decide to melt something after the ribs are done.

Burning a lemon Yankee candle that I bought at TJ Max yesterday. Been burning it since 7:30 a.m. and still no scent. Its a large two wick also so I had high hopes for me :lol:

what is the name of the lemon scent? all of the ones I have tried from yc that have lemon in them have been strong.

I left it on my desk at work so I will have to look in the morning and get back with you. Yes, I do love the lemon scents and it smelled great cold, but burned it all day long at work and never got a thing.

sweet, Sugarbutt is one of my favs. from Can-do. It is one of those comfort scents for me.

Maggie I too love that re entering effect.

tonight is Peppermint bark from Deana. I just put it in the melter and already is smelling sooo nice. It is one of those darling embossed hearts. they are so pretty!

The re-entering is the best, for sure.

I am done with jury duty earlier than expected since the defendent decided to change his plea to guilty. I had him pegged as much right from the beginning and my fellow jurors agreed. :lol: Today has been cloudy and drizzly. Right now it's pouring, but, like southern CA, we need the rain so can't complain. Decided on Cinnamon & Cloves from Scentsy. Have a good night, all.

Guest ilovescentedthings
Burning a lemon Yankee candle that I bought at TJ Max yesterday. Been burning it since 7:30 a.m. and still no scent. Its a large two wick also so I had high hopes for me :lol:

what is the name of the lemon scent? all of the ones I have tried from yc that have lemon in them have been strong.

I left it on my desk at work so I will have to look in the morning and get back with you. Yes, I do love the lemon scents and it smelled great cold, but burned it all day long at work and never got a thing.

thank you

I just got home this evening but can stll smell the YC Mulling Spices I was burning earlier. That was one of the strongest YC's I have ever burned. It scented my whole house. Dune Grass was another strong one.

No more wax for me tonight since it is getting late.

Have a great night all!

I saw this candle today at Home Goods in medium & large 2-wick tumblers. Can't remember the name though. I thought it smelled weak in comparison to my favorite YC lemon which is Lemon Zest.

Trep, did they have the Lemon Chiffon in a 2-wick?

Tonight I'm melting:

Can-Do - Sugared Spruce

LOL - Sinus Relief in DS room (he has a head cold.)

trep, thanks...love your little kitten as well....what a cutie.

Maggie, love coming home to some nice smells!

Tonite I decided to light a candle that I completely forgot I had! It is Country Breakfast from Crossroad Candles....forgot how much I ADORE this scent! Oh my, it is so good! Love the candle too....super strong, scented the entire house and with the 2 wicks, burns cleanly and evenly. No mushrooms on the wicks either. I can't believe they no longer carry this scent anymore! These are such fantastic candles. I like YC, but IMO, Crossroads beats YC hands down. They have a new Lemon Cookie scent that sounds really good. I may cave and order.

Off to bed for me......

lady--they were just unpacking things and all I saw was a regular large jar. It might be a treasure and if so, it will only be in the regular large jar. I am thinking that will be the case but I don't know for sure.

This morning I am trying Yankee Simply Home Bartlett Pear. It smells nice but light. My nose isn't the best so far today so we will see if I smell it stronger later.

This morning is plenty cold. brr.

CYS - Lime Tequila

SSS - Pineapple Supreme

Anjoymom, I can understand not wanting to compete with the smell of short ribs. yum, yum.

good morning, all.

anjoy, I am not a rib person but beef short ribs are the ones I do love.

Aria-you have me curious about Crossroads. Must do a search. :lol:

burning CBV blueberry cheesecake and melting CFTKR blueberry bomb

CFTKR Native Princess is still going 24 hours now in the BR so decided to leave it. I love that scent. reminds me some of BBW Aromatherapy Sandalwood Rose

CBV-Sophie Belle candle in the bath

have a good day, all.

Good Morning!

It looks like a nice day today. I will be having lunch with an old grammar school friend today that I haven't seen in awhile. It should be fun. This morning I am melting CHS Creme Brulee, Pralines and Cream, and Buttercream Frosting. It is starting to smell good here.

Aria-After reading your post I think I will pull out Crossroads Country Breakfast. I forgot about that one. They are great! The other good one is Buttery Maple Syrup. That is one of the best candles I have ever burned.

:lol:

Aria and Michele~ You guys got me thinking...I'm gonna go pull out my Crossroads Country Breakfast as well!

This morning it's melts in:

Pumpkin Creme Brulee - SSS

Pumpkin Ice Cream & Sugar Cookie - CYS This one is AMAZING! Goes on my reorder list!