The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
DebbieT

January's Happy New Scents

sweet, how are you enjoying the candle from ACG?

Aria - it's a nice scent, but pretty light. Granted, it's a baby jar which is very small. The scent, in general, is light from anyone I've tried except a tart from Mookie Doodle's. That one was :lol: ! BTW - anyone know what happened to Mookie Doodle?

I was melting Bella's Effervescent Fizzy Pop earlier and it practically chased me out of the house! Talk about singeing your nose hairs...sheesh! [smilie=th_a136] Turned the melter off immediately. I may have to save this scent for the warmer months when I can have the windows open. I don't like it when tarts are just way too strong..... [smilie=th_gagme]

Way too strong, huh? :shock: Where's Heart2Heart? She needs to know about this... :lol:

Changed to Nene's Persimmon Spice, which is excellent!

Me again. I switched to a very small freebie tart from LOL, Hot Apple Pie. It's small but mighty! I mighty have to order this one. :lol:

Gail

had to change over the melter-not getting much scent throw from the TTMS tarts. perhaps they need to cure a bit longer.

Tunisianswife~ I went to the store in October and it took about 2 months to get most of them to throw good.[smilie=th_a194] The NYC Cosmotini was very strong without waiting. I decided to wait on the rest of them. Hope curing helps you.

Melting WnS Berrylicious Cupcakes and AC Black Raspberry Vanilla this sunny afternoon.

thanks for that tip, Maggie. I'll wait then. wow 2 months does seem like a long time, doesn't it? i like that instant gratification. LOL One of the reasons that I tend to shy away from 100% soy.

put on Nene's sweet snow pine crumbles in the BR-my scent to help me drift off for a nap before work. All is good when I have some of that going. [smilie=th_bighug-1] I so love that scent. If she ever decides to discontinue that one, I'll want to buy a storage-locker full first. [smilie=th_a194]

Just want to also thank Barbita and Cyn for the recommendations of the basil sage mint and Balinese Cascade. they are soooo beautiful that I must get them in crumbles too.

Tuni, I'm glad that you like them! [smilie=th_a194]

I just got home from errands, and started to melt Haley's Autumn Leaves.

Just got back from the mall. I got to see the new Yankee spring accessories--very pretty. For the rest of the day it is North Pole from YC. Have a great night.

Forgot to say that when I was at Kohl's I picked up a new Yankee Simply Home scent--Bartlett Pear. They had Cherry Vanilla also, but to me it smelled pretty much the same as Black Cherry only not as good so I passed on that one. I also picked up some Lilac Petals which I have had before--it is a different lilac from the Lilac Blossoms but just as good.

Good afternoon!

I haven't had a lot of time to spend on the computer lately. Busy busy busy.

DH's car went caplooey on us today. He had to have it towed to the dealer so they can fix whatever is wrong with it. All of the electrical systems started malfunctioning on it. The ironic thing is that 10 or 15 minutes prior to that, I was telling DH how much I love my car. Fortunately, it stopped right was we were getting into the supermarket's parking lot. DH was able to walk home, get my car and pick us up. It would had been too far and cold for DD to walk and at 42 pounds, neither one of us can carry her for too long. We also had shopping bags from Kohl's (DD spent her Tooth Fairy money on a new outfit).

Today I melted...

CFTKR's Maple Walnut Cornbread Muffins (OMG, soooo good), Cranberry Zucchini Bread (a favorite), and Caramel Corn (a really old favorite from Carol).

I burned...

YC's Cinnamon Toast. I love this candle and it's scent. IMO, it's a great throw for a YC. I usually can't smell YC candles throwing but I can definitely smell this one. It reminds me of Carol's Glazed Cinnamon Donuts which is fantastic. I read a lot of people complaining (not on here) about this scent, but I can't find anything wrong with it. I'm so happy I got it, and at a great price too! I'm going to light up Jack Frost in a moment when I go downstairs to make dinner.

LLVV, glad your YC Cinnamon Toast is doing better than mine. The first few burns, I couldn't smell it at all. As it's burned down, I am getting more scent if I have it burning for a long time. I do agree, it's a very yummy scent.

Tonight I'm just burning candles: Spotted Hog's Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies, YC Cinnamon Applesauce and YC Farmer's Market. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

I'm finishing up the evening with a beautiful, glittery melt from a thoughtful CF friend. Thank you! [smilie=th_bighug-1] This one is from Crosscreek and it's Pumpkin Nog Latte. So good!!![smilie=th_a194]

Gail

Changed up much earlier today and they are still going...

LOL 32 Degrees...so wonderful...I have discovered that I LOVE mint and vanilla no matter what they name it.. [smilie=th_a194]

In the FR it's Cassada Italian Wedding Cake from Haley's.

And in the BR it's Lighthouse from TTMS...very sweet and strong. (Thanks for reminding me of those tarts Tunisianswife!)

LLVV, sorry to hear about your car problems. for me it is so nerve-wracking when the least thing goes wrong with them. I always see $$ in front of my eyes.Knock on wood, I've never had anything major go wrong; they're usually quick fixes just replacement of the usual parts. glad you were at least close to home.

Maggie, glad you've got yourself a strong one. I'm going to put mine up for a bit and see what they do at a later date.

haven't put on anything other than CFTKR creamy toffee pudding or something like that I put on last eve, and Nene's sweet snow pine in the BR. I came home this morning and there was some kind of a doggie fight last night. My shih tzu has some bite marks on the belly and shoulder and is sort of limping. I am sure I know who the culprit was and he is on my **it list right now. My lhasa apso. I gave the shih tzu a baby aspirin for the inflammation. They really are small little scrapes and occasional round dot which I am assuming is a tooth mark. nothing deep but all the same.

have a good day, all

Yay!....some warmer weather..it's in the mid 60's! [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Recent melts:

Evening Eclipse witching hour...strong, but I don't like..men's cologne scent...dumped it

CHC gingered peach...doubled up...light...also dumped it

CHC herbal doubled up...strong...really like this one

YC Beware...moderate

Just started...

CHC candy corn

Can-Do hyacinth

Off to Sunday school......

Hello everyone!

Tunisian - Ouch...your poor doggy. I guess the two dogs don't get along well. I hope your shih tzu feels better. They are such cute dogs!

I'm still melting one of my favorite scents...Carol's Blueberry Maple Pecan. I just love blueberry and strawberry scents so much! I'm burning Cinnamon Toast and Jack Frost (in different rooms of course).

TW-sounds like my mom's lhasa and my shih tzu-her dog is just so aggressive and outweighs mine that it's mayhem whenever they meet. I hope your little guy/gal feels better quickly.

This morning I have only put one thing on so far-

LOL Champagne Flurries

I will get some more going soon...have a good Sunday everyone.

Happy Sunday all!

LLVV, congrats to the girlie!!!! How much did the tooth fairy bring her???? I bet she got a great outfit at Kohls! Sucks about the car, but thank goodness we can walk to just about anything in town if we had too!

Last nights melt was Blue Gecko's Jelly Belly Butter Cookies, nice scent, but very light throw. This morning I fired up Can-Do's Apple Cobbler, I think this was a freebie, cause I rarely purchase bakery, but this is amazing. It smells like a bubbling apple pie that you just took out of the oven, and an great throw as well. The cold sniff from the bag has some cinnamon notes, but that note if very light, yummmmmm it smells great it here!

Busy day today, we have a 3pm track meet, and then DD is playing in an indoor soccer tournament from 8pm till 1 am. Crazy right? She has off tomorrow of course, but not me, I'm going to be exhausted.

Have a great day everyone!

I added-

Raspberry Ice-LOL

Raspberry Noel-SSS

Luscious Lemon Cream-Crystal Clear

Pink Sugared Cotton Candy-CFTKR

Also burning a candle from MB that has no label so I don't know what scent it is-I found it in a tote while cleaning.

TW - is your lhasa the Alpha dog in your house? I tell my guys I'm the Alpha dog around here! Then they roll their eyes. :P With all the animals here, I'd luv to install a pet cam to see who's really responsible for the mischief I find when I get home from work. :?

Started the morning with Nene's Cafe Vanilla Latte, but it didn't agree w/me, so have changed to Can-Do's Bread Puddin.Yummers!

[smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Sillys, that's a great description of Apple Cobbler. Can I have a slice? [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Tunisian, sorry to hear about the doggie battle. I'm glad your Shih Tsu isn't seriously hurt though! It sounds like your Lhasa has terrific bite inhibition, thank goodness!

I'm melting LOL's Candied Yams. Very pretty and sweet!

Gail

tunisianswife~ Poor baby!!! I hope your little guy is feeling better as the day progresses. There must be something in the air with our furry friends today..I woke up to my Yorkie covered in her own mess....from head to paw. EEWWW! What is up with that??? She seems to think it smells of "perfume"... [smilie=th_76d65c2f] Well, she's had her bath and looking fine now...yikes.

Melting Blue Vanilla from CYS and Dutch Crust Crumble from Country Button this morning.

Have a good one! :P

GAIL~ Love your quote! :?

tunisianwife, hope your fur baby heals quickly!

Melting Raspberry Danish from Scentsy. I'm working today so I need to get off of here and go get ready. [smilie=th_76d65c2f] Have a great Sunday, everyone. :?