The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ilovescentedthings

Silver Bells, Christmas Smells

Guest ilovescentedthings
Hi all!

Yes, Maurie my friend, it is bitter cold out there. I'd rather be doing laundry, than running around outside at work.

Last nights melt was Can-Do Cowbaby. Holy smokes, this might be the strongest tart I've ever melted from Donna. I loved it, a fruity, slightly perfumey scent. I can't get on her site to see the description, I kinda thought it was going to be a leather scent. I didn't smell any of that, but I loved it. I had to put it out after an hour, hubby and DD were complaining it was too strong. Sooo, I iced the melter and took the rest and melted it in my bedroom overnight while the hubby was working. It smelled wonderful!

Have a great day everyone!

I got that one too. I thought she said it baby powder and leather?

Mrs Claus' Cookies fizzled out a little while ago....or rather the tealight went out. I want to change to something else, but can't decide what. I need to make a quick trip to the grocery store, so hopefully when I come back I will know what I am in the mood for!

Thank you everyone for your well wishes, which definitely helped lift my spirits. The antibiotics have kicked in and I am starting to feel better. I'm not coughing nearly as much and when I do, it doesn't hurt as much. I fired up the kitchen melter this morning with Sugar Cookie from Scentsy.

Glad you're feeling bettermpfand...bronchitis is a %$#

Barbita, my mother has two cavaliers!

This afternoon it's JustTarts Christmas splendor doubled up...strong!

Glad you are starting to feel better mpfand. I've been under the weather with infection under my bridge. The antibiotic seems to be working, but it has been slow going. I am burning Southern Alchemy candle-Kerala Spice. I just started melting it so iIll report on the scent, etc. later. I hope everyone is having a productive day. My DH has been off since Christmas and he is driving me nuts. He goes back to the office tomorrow. DS will be here until Sunday, and then it will be time for the youngest DS to get in gear for school starting Jan. 11. He sleeps until 1 or 2 in the afternoon, so it's going to be a rude awakening for him. Have a lovely afternoon, everyone.

Hi everybody!

Mpfand, so glad you're starting to feel better.

Barbita, the avatar of your pup is darling! I think a synonym for "adorable" is "Cavalier", don't you? :lol:

Katz, hope you get to feeling better, and fast! Sounds like a miserable condition you have going there. Keeping my fingers crossed that it'll soon just be a bad memory. "DH home on vacation" is synonymous with "driving me nuts" for many wives! I couldn't help but giggle at your comment, as I can so relate! Although mine is retired so sometimes I have an extreme case of "double driving me nuts." The man just doesn't have enough to do, plain and simple. [smilie=th_foolish1]

I'm melting Cheryl's Cranberry Orange Spice. It's lovely but way too light. Kind of an anomaly for Cheryl's stuff...

Gail

Just wanted to report on my tarts from Cottage Hill Creations. This was my first order and I have been very impressed with the scents; however, they do not last as long as I would like. The Cranberry Chutney was nice, but very strong. The sweetdreams tart was out of this world. I'm in love with this scent. its like a jar of marshmellow creme!!!

Hi all!

Yes, Maurie my friend, it is bitter cold out there. I'd rather be doing laundry, than running around outside at work.

Last nights melt was Can-Do Cowbaby. Holy smokes, this might be the strongest tart I've ever melted from Donna. I loved it, a fruity, slightly perfumey scent. I can't get on her site to see the description, I kinda thought it was going to be a leather scent. I didn't smell any of that, but I loved it. I had to put it out after an hour, hubby and DD were complaining it was too strong. Sooo, I iced the melter and took the rest and melted it in my bedroom overnight while the hubby was working. It smelled wonderful!

Have a great day everyone!

I got that one too. I thought she said it baby powder and leather?

You know, I have to say, sometimes I don't describe scents very well, however, once the tart got strong, I had to go out. Then when I got back, I didn't melt it again in the bedroom, till I was half asleep. Thats why I wondered if it was supposed to be leather. I guess the baby powder could have been the perfumey part, but I don't think it was leather, I will go home and whiff that thing tonight to see. Whatever it was, it was good, and strong, and I would reorder it, LEATHER OR NO LEATHER LOL!!!

Mpfand, so glad your feeling better, and Katz, hope you feel better soon!!!

Glad you're feeling bettermpfand...bronchitis is a %$#

Barbita, my mother has two cavaliers!

This afternoon it's JustTarts Christmas splendor doubled up...strong!

Oh Oh, double trouble. I also have two. [smilie=th_foolish1]

Finally cracked and lit my orange pomander from GC. Also burning Partylite in Orange Clove. I am funny about scents and it has to go with what I'm doing. Today that would be the big Christmas clean up. How does your house get so funky during this month? Hope I'm not alone on this.

Cheryl

Guest ilovescentedthings

Were trying to de clutter today,actually I am the kids have gone off to play with their christmas stuff. In the bathroom were melting yc silver bells,red chili masala in the scrapbook room. I don't want to break into my new can do stash. Trying really hard to use up the so so scents and stuff first.

Melting CH Apples & Berries - very strong and enjoyable. I was getting bored with the holiday scents and this one sure smells great!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. We were in Florida visiting family. We just got back late last night. And Cheryl, we weren't even home for the holidays and my house is cruddy!!! Now, how does that happen?

I haven't been melting and today is the first day melting and I chose an old favorite AMS Red Velvet Cake.

Now back to unpacking, laundry and dinner!

Had a crazy day today--DS had a minor accident between his Jeep and our garage door--minimal damage but upsetting anyway. I have on Yankee Christmas Cookie--received some new Yankee scents in the mail from Candles to My Door--Tutti Fruitti,

Strawberry Buttercream, Beautiful Day, Fruit Salad and Early Sunrise--can't wait to try them.

Have a great night everyone.

mpfand--glad you are beginning to recover

katz--I feel for you-hope you feel better quick.

good eve, all. always fun to play catchup from the course of the day.

anjoy, glad you had a nice trip and it seems like a house that is left clean from vacay can soon look cluttered with suitcases and piles of laundry.

Kim, that has to be painful and hard to nosh especially this time of year.

mp, glad the antibiotic is starting to take affect.

Love2puzzle-I love CBV peppermint bark candle. has a good throw. can really smell the white chocolate in it. Hers and Can-do smells alot alike. I'm going to order a bag of the tarts next order from her.

trep=enjoy your new smellies

denimsway-glad you are enjoying your order from CHC

cleaned out my stashes today. amazing what one finds. lol

pumpkin buttercream something from Cheryl and burning the hot apple cobbler candle in the LR

SSS Clean Kiddos in the bath

YC watergarden still on the melter in the BR and also melting half a CBV pink sugared coconut.

CBV All is Calm candle in the kitchen

Trep, the Jeep vs. garage door would be stressful. I'm glad the damage was minimal though.

I've switched to LOL's Cinnamon Girl. It's so good I just may have to nickname myself "CG." Or maybe "CGG." [smilie=th_foolish1]

Gail, easily amused

Tonight it's -

CFTKR - Almond Rum Cake (sooooo good)

Winter Festival (awesome Christmas scent)

YC - Winter Wonderland

Egg Nog

Anjoy~ Welcome Back!!!

Kim~ I hope you start to feel better soon!

Trep~ I hope your son is ok. I have to admit...in my house growing up everyone in the family "christened" the garage door by clipping it with the car...I on the other hand backed the car thru the entire door... :lol: All I remember is my brother laughing at how the door was wrapped around the back of the station wagon.

Denimsway~ I also am enjoying the scents from CHC...I am going to order the new wax as soon as she opens up again.

Melting:

Something from HL...I threw the wrapper out and I can't remember but it's good and burning my SSS candle in Granny's Lemon Noel.