The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ilovescentedthings

Silver Bells, Christmas Smells

Hi all. I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! Mine turned out well. My dad got stranded again after he got his bus out of the snow the first time, and had very little juice left in the cell phone. Anyway, long story short, he was finally rescued and is safe. Thanks for the well-wishes. I was able to get out today and spend time with family, although the streets are still pretty treacherous. Some streets were like a parking lot with abandoned cars. Crazy Christmas, but happy everyone was safe. Just burning some candles you've all heard about before tonight. Got a YC gift card and hitting the sale tomorrow, hopefully!

Jason...so glad everything turned out ok for your Dad. Everyone with snow stay safe. Melting Wood Coffee from LOL...smells good but wish it was stronger.

Silly, if all of the wax isn't gone you can pour boiling water over the affected areas and then wipe clean with a paper towel (unless you have the battery operated ones...not sure if dumping water on those is ok).

Jason, I'm glad that your dad is ok.

Happy Christmas Adam [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy]

Recent melts:

CHC sugared spruce..doubled up...strong

LOL Christmas cabin...moderate

YC Mistletoe...weak

YC red apple wreath...weak

YC Simply Home (Kohl's) Christmas magic...weak

mpfand, hope that you are feeling better. never is it a good time to be sick, but especially the holidays when there are lots of festivities.

Jason, glad your dad is safe. sounds like it is a mess in some places with all those abandoned cars on the road.

sillysmom, I had images of that melter swinging in air spewing the wax. thank goodness for goo-gone.

LLVV have fun with your YC gift card. I'm going to go out this morning for a bit. I don't have to work today since I worked the holiday so will go to Walmart and see what they have left in the food gift basket department. Lots of times, I love the containers. also going to stop off at Yankee 'just to look'. lol I really want to try the Christmas Wreath in a tart and see if that is any stronger. I so loved that authentic smell. was the most authentic tree smell I had found ever. maybe pick up a votive holder or two.

CBV White Christmas in the BR. really pretty white floral. that was my overnight melt

CFTKR Bear Claw in the LR.

I'm 'Christmased' out with the wax scents so want some comfort this am.

have a good day all.

I'm melting a Sparkling Snow tart from YC. Not my top choice, but when else am I ever going to melt it? So I put it on.

Jason, the news called your snow The Christmas Snowstorm of 2009 in Oklahoma City, and said it was one people will talk about for generations! I'm glad you and your family are safe.

Ohhhh. My house is a WRECK! I don't want to face all the post holiday clean-up. I may hide in the closet...it's cleaner in there.

Good morning.

I'm melting CFTKR's Balsam & Citrus and Vanilla Rum Ball. I have YC Christmas Cupcake burning. I'm planning on heading to the outlets today. Did anyone get anything from the YC sale?

First time on since Christmas Eve and I am reading the posts on the edge of my seat...

Jason~ I am so glad your Dad is OK...too scary!!! I haven't even watched the news...I bet it's all over the newscasts. Glad everyone's safe.

Mpfand and Katz~ Hope you all are feeling better. [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy]

Sillysmom~ [smilie=th_congratulations] oh dear....that sounds like a mess! I hope you got it all cleaned up.

Melted on Christmas Morn:

Coffee with Santa - Bellas (strong)

Breakfast with Santa - Bellas (moderate but wonderful)

Today:

Viennese Cake - CYS (soft) so I changed it out for

Christmas Tree - McCalls (strong and true)

This mornings melts

LR...YC Sparkling Pine

Comp...Bella's Pink Bean Noel

It is STILL SNOWING!!! UGH!!!

We have lost count at 20 inches of snow....but hubby was finally able to get out. Love trucks....most highways and interstates out of SW Iowa are closed at this point. It seems like life is on hold. I was able to connect with most of the family by phone and will finish reaching my cousins today.

I think I will get out the Bailey's and make myself a snowcone...haven't done that in years!!

Have a good one everyone.

Happy Christmas Adam, everyone. [smilie=th_congratulations] I love that little expression of Jules' DS and shared it with everyone yesterday. Made 'em all smile!

Jason, I'm SO GLAD your dad is fine. I never turned my computer on yesterday, but you and he were on my mind throughout the day.

I'm melting LOL's Hot Noel. Really good, really strong! It's red hot cinnamons and vanilla bean noel.

We'll be starting round two of family festivities this afternoon only this time we'll be going to DS's house instead of everybody coming here. I need to either not eat anything but celery all day or dig out my elastic waist pants. [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy]

Hope everybody's doing well and enjoying the season!

Gail

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas Day. It will feel like a holiday all week long. DH Is on vacation and all my children will be home. DD will go back to work Tuesday and back to Manhattan on Monday. DD and DS will be here though.

It feels good just to have a lazy day today. All that craziness wears me out. I am burning the last of my Slatkin Fresh Balsam jar and melting LOL Christmas Apple and Busy Bee Red Apple Wreath.

Took a break from the Christmas scents today.....

These are all strong....

YC sage and citrus

CYS citrus buttercream cupcakes...yummy

Angie's free spirit

****Tunisian, I've got two YC Christmas wreath tarts I'll be happy to send you...email me**** Dabbadooey@bellsouth.net

I feel like I have been ran over by a Mac Truck. Too much these past few weeks. I am seriously laying like broccoli for a while even though the house is a wreck. The kids are home so it really won't make a difference when I clean. Melting gingerbread. Won't want to get rid of this one. Still plenty to get through. Yes, I'm avoiding all sales. With me it's all or nothing.

Cheryl

Good to hear from all of you that have been busy with your festivities.

Gail, I go for the really uber big elastics. LOL

splt, I know what you mean by everything in life being on hold when you are bombarded with one snow storm after the next; makes us relish the times we can just grab our keys and go...no coat, no shoveling, nothing.

dabba, so sweet of you. I actually went today and picked up some Yankee things, including the Christmas Wreath, but very thoughtful of you just the same.

Haley's Peppermint Cream in the BR

GG high maintainance in the bath-(just one clamshell and is on the 3rd t-light)

YC-Christmas wreath melt

burning: Slatkin Fresh Balsam

CBV All is Calm, and All is Bright

Happy post Christmas wishes, everyone!

I have my annual Christmas cold, so I can't smell much, not melting much. That is OK - less opportunity for my sons to joke about me needing professional smelly help. I have had Clifty Creek Christmas Splendor going - no idea how it is scenting, LOL!

Slpit - I feel for you! Last year we were totally snowed in for Christmas and this year everyone was watching the weather report with fingers crossed. Everyone was out shopping super early so just in case... Fortunately it did not repeat!

Slpit - still snowing??!! :P Yikers. Sorry it messed up your Christmas plans and hope you can get out & about soon. :lol:

Earlier melts included Nene's Gingerbread Latte and CYS Solemn Stillness. Ending the day with Nene's Cinnamon Ginger.

Good evening!

I hope that everyone is enjoying their holiday.

Debra, I can relate. Every year between the week of Christmas and the first 2 weeks of January I end up getting a cold sore...every darn year and at the same time. It's like clockwork. I guess those evil germs want to come out and play. I hope you feel better.

I went to the outlet today. I scored some great scents. I got some of the large jars for $10. Others were $15.

I got -

Holiday Twinkle

Hot Buttered Rum (a scentimental scent for me)

Autumn Gold Juicy Cherry (DD found this one)

Vanilla Cookie

Milk & Cookies

Coconut Vanilla

Mocha Nut Latte

Shortbread Cookie

Tonight I'm melting Carol's Hansel and Gretel's House and burning YC's Christmas Cupcake.

Hope everyone had a jolly good time yesterday with family and friends. Laie_15.gif

Melted Spiced Orange from Nene's most of today. (moderate, long lasting scent)

Melting Country Cottage from BG tonight. (moderate, soothing scent, good throw)

Guest ilovescentedthings
Merry Christmas Eve!!!

I have a bunch of stuff to do this morning and then after lunch it's relaxing time. I'm making a roast chicken with all of the trimmings for dinner and then we'll have a rainbow cookie cake for dessert. DD is leaving Santa cookies and milk so DH will probably have dessert #2 also. I have to run to the bakery, CVS for chocolates to stuff in DH's stocking, and then to our Chinese take out because DD wants won ton soup for lunch.

After lunch we're giving DD her present from us - a Wii and Littlest Pet Shop Wii game. DH will get his present and I'll get mine. Tomorrow morning DD will get to open her presents from Santa. The Wii was a last minute thing so that's why it's from us. She was with us when we bought it at a great price.

I'm melting some yummies this morning -

CFTKR's Christmas Kitchen and Christmas Magic. I'm burning YC's Misteltoe and Christmas Cupcake.

Have a wonderful Christmas Eve everyone!

Can you share the recipe for this pretty please? rainbow cookie cake for dessert

Good Morning Everyone!!

Jason, soooo glad your Dad was safe and sound!!! Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday.

LLVV, Ahhhh, the streets are almost clear, don't you love it??? How did the little sweetie like all her presents from Santa?

Yesterday, my sister and I hit the department stores for discounted holiday stuff. We did pretty good, but not as good as we have other years. Also had some returns to make. It was crazy, the day flew by, we ended up being out shopping for 8 hours. It was fun though!

I got the most beautiful gift from my sister. She actually made me a candle crate for my tarts. She sanded and stained, hand painted, with letters spelling Candles all across the front. She also painted a beautiful note on the bottom. I will post a photo as soon as I get a chance. But it was the most thoughtful gift ever! I love her!

This morning I'm melted Rosa's Pink Watermelon, a true scent, not the strongest, but pretty good.

Today, unless we're going to survive on cookies, cakes and pastries, I need to go food shopping. I need to do laundry too, and maybe then I'll take DD to a store or two. She's got some Xmas money burning a hole in her pocket!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Hi there everyone! It's been such a busy few days! Wow...glad it's over. This is the first day I've turned my computer on since Christmas eve. We had a very nice Christmas. Nothing out of the ordinary happened...which can be a good thing, I guess.

I did receive one gift of wax...lol....a nice candle made by Village Candles. The jar is square shaped like a box...Fresh Apple scent. The cold smell is good.

This morning, I am melting Crosscreek Amish Quilt.

No sales for me. :lol: