The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

October's Fragrance Festival

Good morning. It's still gloomy and cold here. I had a small but festive little display with a large pumpkin, Indian corn, gourds, and little pumpkins by my front walk and I'll be [smilie=th_1_bigone110] a squirrel took off with my Indian corn and gourds. He probably would have taken the lg. pumpkin too if he could have pulled it...

Good Saturday morning.

Kim, that squirrel is a little stinker! Shame on him for being a resourceful, industrious thief. The worst kind. [smilie=th_c032]

I'm melting Green Apple Caramel Crunch from LOL. I love it and it's quite interesting. Depending on where I'm standing in the house, I smell apple. Or caramel. Or bakery. Pretty cool! [smilie=th_1_bigone110]

Gail

Good morning everyone. YEAH!!! We do not have rain today. It rained everyday this week. Today it is a clear, sunny, crisp day....perfect fall.

I dumped Santa's Pipe (it was a freebie). On cold sniff it seemed to have more cherry than usual, but once burning it was all tobacco for my nose and I didn't care for it. I replaced with Cheryl's Rhubatb Plum and that is go good....still putting out scent this orning.

In the living room I am trying a new one from CCS called Cafe au Lait Creme Brulee and it is wonderful.

Have a good one

splt, I wouldn't like tobacco smell either unless it was so very subtle. seems like I recently did have one that had a subtle scent of it and I loved it but wasn't even sure if that was what I was smelling.

puppy, don't you love it when you pick up different notes from a scent at different times? that happens whenever I melt Carol's bear claws. butter, cinnamon, bakery,vanilla but not always at the same time. I just love that. that green apple caramel sounds wonderful.

Katz, not to laugh at your expense because I know how maddening those little buggers can be, but at least you're contributing to his diet and when it's winter time and the corn cob is hidden in some little spot of his or hers, you'll be glad that they have stashed something for winter.

dumped the apple berry spice for lack of scent and put in the other half of Carol's blueberry cheesecake cutable. I love it.=glad Jules mentioned it once.

Welcome back momovtwo! :? Luv Cheryl's Pumpkin Vanilla. :P I've gotten her tarts, but haven't tried her candles. Whatcha think of em?

Thanks for the welcome!! As for Cheryl's candles, I like them. I actually prefer her candles over her tarts. I have only gotten mason jars from Cheryl, but just about all of them have been very strong, burned completely and very clean - wicks don't mushroom much at all. They are some of my favorite soy masons (I also like Harvest Glow for the same reasons). Larger 2-wick jars I stick to PI and Pure Scents.

Katz - sorry about your autumn display, bet it was purdy. I know squirrels eat corn, but...gourds? :? Do they eat them? Ohhhhh.....I know.....they're setting up a bowling lane! :?

Changed to LOL's New England Autumn. Mmmmm....this is a good one! Or should I say another good one? :P

Sweet: I think squirrels eat anything. I've seen them in the cat's food outside. :? I have a picture that Iwanted to use as an avatar, but i think something is messed up with the camera. i can't load any pictures into my computer.

Olive: I think he did-the Indian Corn (3) together had to be as big as him.

I'm getting ready to melt Carol's-Woodland Spice. This was a freebie with my order. Also getting ready to fire up EE votive-Bat.

Hi Everyone!

Today I am melting Farmhouse by Angie. This is one awesome tart. I think one of her best!

Earlier I melted AMS Harvest...too cinnamony for me.

I also melted Things that Make Scents Almond Cake. I bought this yesterday on a road trip.

Drunk Uncle Bob is melting in my living room!

Actually it is a scent from Grumpy Girl!!!! :?

I really, really like this scent and I know there's balsam in it, but it's more complex than that....

Kim, shame on that squirrel! Maybe he is decorating for fall too....tapfoot.gif

I had to change out the woodland spice. it had a perfume note to it, and to me that doesn't go with wood and spice. It is really strong though. I am melting a pop tart in Pumpkin Spice from Brenda's Goodies on Etsy. It was one of the items in my Little Black Box this month. It is throwing a great scent and smells really good. I'm just starting to melt Carol's Apple and Pumpkin Strudel and EE votive-Bat. I hope everyone has a great Saturday evening.

Aria I remember seeing that drunk uncle bob and thought the name alone was so funny.

Katz, I too don't like a perfumey note to a melt.

had to do a melt before I go to work. Can-do sugar butt. I want something sweet now. lol

have a good evening, all.

Strawberry Noel Cookie in the LR & K from Crosscreek

Cupid's Pink Mischief Cake in the FR from LOL

Sea Petals from CHS in the BR

Have a great Saturday Night! :)

Sharonana....that is the cutest little ghost! :)

Yesterday I had on Country Home Scent morning mocha....it was wonderful!! I think these tarts throw better in a t-light melter. At least it works good for me. Very good and Very strong!!

tunisianswife, Drunk Uncle Bob is a wonderful scent and really strong. I have 2 cubes from a clamshell in one of my lower wattage melters from Lang and it is scenting the house like crazy!

The only other scent I have going on is a YC Christmas Cupcake votive in the kitchen. I have it in my Himalayan salt crystal holder....so pretty! I like this scent too....I am thinking of getting a jar of this one for the holidays.

Hello!

Tonight I'm melting Carol's awesome Coffee Bean. I'm burning YC's Macintosh. Today was DD's birthday party...with 20 of her closest friends and their parents. I'm exhausted but the tornado that went through my house has been cleaned up so I'm ready to relax.

Hi Everyone!

Today I am melting Farmhouse by Angie. This is one awesome tart. I think one of her best!

Earlier I melted AMS Harvest...too cinnamony for me.

I also melted Things that Make Scents Almond Cake. I bought this yesterday on a road trip.

Anjoymom~ Let us know how you like them...I also took a road trip and I've got most of mine "curing" for a couple weeks. Isn't Janine sweet? I love Angie's Farmhouse too!

LLVV~ Happy Bday to your DD! Glad everything turned out well!