The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

The Person Below Me Game

I had a Charlie Brown tree one year back in my single days. Some friends helped me decorate it one very very late night.

The person below me has more than two piercings.

Not true of me...I only have two holes in each ear (unless that counts as four, haha).

The person below me plays a musical instrument.

Guest Anonymous

not true, but my son plays keyboard and viola.

The person below me likes to clip coupons.

I am not really too much of a coupon clipper-good intentions,just no follow through!

The person below me tries to cut heating costs by the use of a fireplace/pellet stove.

Guest stardustgirl

If an electric fireplace counts, then yes. I put one in the bedroom because I'm always colder than anyone else and got tired of waking up freezing at 2 am.

The person below me owns an actual honest-to-goodness wick trimmer (and not just a pair of scissors)

I love to go toy shopping. Not so much for the rest.

I'm not a fan of hugh crowds, screaming kids, slow check-out lanes, sticky shopping carts, high gas prices, purse snatchers, blizzards, or moose crossings...so I love to shop online and just wait for the UPS truck. (but it's gotta ship for free) bah humbug

The person below me wonders how many blizzards and moose I've seen in Florida.

[smilie=th_aa17]

and does, in fact, like to go Christmas shopping. [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

Haha, Jules. I was thinking "doesn't she live in Florida?" I actually love to go Christmas shopping. It's just once a year. I actually enjoy the hustle and bustle, the decorations in all the stores, the music, finding that gift you just know the recipient will love. I enjoy it.

The person below me is terrified of all insects.

Sadly, I am the insect "killer" in my house...the only ones I hate are the "jumpy" spiders! :lol: Otherwise, I try to catch them and throw them outside...yuck!

The person below me will open their presents on Christmas Day! (As opposed to Christmas EVE...I probably sounded like a wack-o!)

Guest stardustgirl

Yeah... we're more of a Christmas Day group here.

The person below me has lists made out for their Black Friday online purchases and has their clicking finger ready to go.

Guest stardustgirl

No dieting here... there are cookies!! Whoever said "nothing tastes as good as thin feels" has never had one of Mom's candy bar cookies.

The person below me is wrapping floral tape around an electric cord to make it look like a vine (yeah... my life is *that* exciting right now!)

That's funny! But true [smilie=thank_you] ! When I made my very first turkey a thousand turkeys ago- I did actually call them to find out how to do the turkey breast side down. What a nerd!

The person below me has been up all night prepping for Thanksgiving dinner.

Guest stardustgirl

LOL @ Jules... yes!

Cat - I'll bet they've had all kinds of calls on that hotline.

Nope... slept like a log last night... we're a really small group so T-Day is fairly easy.

The person below me has had their stove fail mid-turkey roasting on The Big Day (oh, yes... last year).

I have to jump in here again.

At my SIL, where we had Thanksgiving dinner today, there was NO WORKING STOVE! They are still moving in and the gas is not hooked up yet.

We all brought dishes to pass. The turkey was deep fried, and we used a grill to make the gravy. Luckily there was a microwave to reheat all of the sides. Believe it or not, everything was delicious and we all enjoyed ourselves.

The person below me watched a parade this morning.

I spent $25.00 on Back Friday wax sales. Way too many tarts! Going to order from EW on Monday when the new scents come out.

The person below me is planning to Christmas shop today.

Guest stardustgirl

No... I may be shopped out for a bit (yeah, right).

The person below me is watching it snow today.

Guest stardustgirl

I'm only avoiding cold feet because I have sheepskin boots (yes, indoors!)

The person below me will travel to a warm spot for a break this winter.

It gets frigidly cold here and we usually have one or two debilitating ice storms every year, but we rarely get accumulated snow, so no sledding for me. Sounds fun, though.

The person below me has no idea what they are going to get anyone for Christmas, like me! I'm starting to freak out!

Don't freak out, Jason. You still have 18 days left...

...o.k. Start freaking out!

I'm sitting pretty good for gift giving this year. Our extended family draws names for the adults and one trip to the toy store ought to take care of all of the children. DH was the hardest to shop for this year, but I just ordered his two days ago and I'm feeling pretty smug about it now.

The person below me LIKES Claxton's Fruitcake. (or any fruitcake).