The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

July's Star Spangled Scents

It's vedy humid here, too slpit. Ick. [smilie=th_biggestgrin] Sky is getting dark, looks like rain is on the way...

Earlier I had on LOL's Vanilla Frosted Grahams and have now changed to her Pink Lemonade Jelly Bean. She sure makes some of the best smellies... [smilie=th_confused3]

I switched to Carol's Watermelon Kick about five minutes ago. It's starting to waft into adjoining rooms already and the scent is so good that I catch myself doing deep breathing. [smilie=th_confused3]

Boy, I'd probably be really good at yoga! [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

Gail

For the afternoon I have going SH Lush Island Retreat- Very nice but a little on the light side.

I think I need another 24 watt melter for these. I just ordered 3 of them from Vista Wholesale. You can never have enough melters. Good prices but shipping was on the expensive side.

Hi all-just got home from work and driving through our town to check out all the damage from last night's severe storms. We got very lucky-no damage except for my garden which the "straight line winds" obliterated. Not sure how many veggies will survive. The really good news is that no one in our whole town was injured. The damage is pretty bad for quite a few folks around here.

Came in to the family melting-

LOL-Orange Crumb Cake

Southern Star-Tropical Twister

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Wow cat, that sounds like quite a storm! Your poor veggies!

Odd weather here - from 65 degrees this morning to 85 degrees this afternoon! [smilie=th_confused3]

Melts today:

Dreamtarts - Welcome Home, should look it up but it smells like a pine blend.

CandleDippers - Rosemary Mint

They blend nicely.

You sure had severe weather Cat!

The SH Lush Island retreat has gotten stronger! It has already been going 6+ hours. I think part of my problem is due to the very high ceilings in this room. I have just added 3 candles that blend nicely with this scent-

YC Pina Colada

YC Coconut Bay

YC Tahitian Tiare Flower

Switched to LOL Orange Magnolia something. (blossom?) Anyway, it's nice. I love fruity tarts as much as the next person, but it's been nonstop tropical scents here and a girl's gotta take a break. The light florally scent is a refreshing change.

Cat - so sorry to hear about your garden, but glad your family is ok. I remember U saying how much hard work U put in the garden. [smilie=th_cha40] Can anything be salvaged?

Melting Abby Road's Banana Nut Bread. A medium/lighter scent, but good. Have had these a week, will wait a while to see if they get any stronger.

Melting Berry Sweet Cake from GHBT....yum.

My 4 year old nephew is here for the weekend....totally hyper kid. NEVER stops from the moment he wakes up. He is even tiring out both my 10 year old and 6 year old. He also has some sort of speech problem and it gets a little frustrating because he is hard to understand. He just started getting some help with it.

Aria - between your nephew and the kitty, sounds like you'll be needing one of these... [smilie=th_cha40] after putting them to bed. :P

My sniffer is stuffed up so even though I'm melting Pumpkin Ginger Cookie from CFTKR, I can't smell it. I'm going to light up some YC votives in a little bit.

You sure had severe weather Cat!

The SH Lush Island retreat has gotten stronger! It has already been going 6+ hours. I think part of my problem is due to the very high ceilings in this room. I have just added 3 candles that blend nicely with this scent-

YC Pina Colada

YC Coconut Bay

YC Tahitian Tiare Flower

Michele, I had never heard of YC's Pina Colada, so I looked it up on Ebay. Can you believe the 22oz. jar is going for 189 dollars?!? May I ask, how long have you had that candle??? I want to know how long it takes to get a YC candle worth that kind of dough! Think of all the tarts you could buy with that money!

Tonight I am just burning two YC candles worth $24.99: Midsummer's Night and Beach Vacation. Love these scents.

Wow Jason, I didn't know that that candle was worth that much. A friend gave it to me about 8 years ago. I can't tell you how many old scents of YC I have. I have a cabinet in my basement full of old unused Yankee Candles. Some of them are probably retired. When my DS is finished his grad school summer session in 2 weeks I think i will have him list some of them on EBAY for me. I have so many new candles I wouldn't even miss them and would have lots of money for the new stuff. I did finish the Pina Colada last night. I have been melting my original YC Vanilla Cookie from years ago and I see they have just brought it back as a treasure.

This morning's melt is AMS Sands of Moracco. It has a good cold sniff. This is one I bought because bigred loves this scent.

We miss you bigred!

Good Morning!

Melting in the LR: SH - Belissima Blueberry -- Another great one from Tarrah.

Burning in the FR: CFTKR - Wildberry Vanilla Noel -- This 8 oz jar packs quite a punch.

Great scents to start the day!

:lol:

HOLY CRAP! $$$189.000 for a YC candle? What if you got it and the scent was gone? [smilie=eek]

Well, I am having a very lazy Sunday, I need to figure out what to burn today. I should go through some Blue Gecko, I want to plan an order for the sale in August. Off to excercise... :lol:

Hi! This morning I'm melting Carol's Blueberry Vanilla Bomb and Halloween Spice.

LLVV - Halloween Spice is one I'm not familiar with. Is this an older one or new one? What's it smell like?

Wow Jason, I didn't know that that candle was worth that much. A friend gave it to me about 8 years ago. I can't tell you how many old scents of YC I have. I have a cabinet in my basement full of old unused Yankee Candles. Some of them are probably retired. When my DS is finished his grad school summer session in 2 weeks I think i will have him list some of them on EBAY for me. I have so many new candles I wouldn't even miss them and would have lots of money for the new stuff. I did finish the Pina Colada last night. I have been melting my original YC Vanilla Cookie from years ago and I see they have just brought it back as a treasure.

This morning's melt is AMS Sands of Moracco. It has a good cold sniff. This is one I bought because bigred loves this scent.

We miss you bigred!

Wow, I bet you'll make a small fortune with those old YC's! Good luck!