The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Melt-A-Liscious May

Hi all! [smilie=th_lmao-1]

First scents of the day for me are:

K - Vanilla Almond Twist - Blue Gecko - Surprisingly, one of my favorites from BG. An excellent strong scent.

That is surprising. That's almost bakery! You feeling okay?

I reached in my stash and pulled out Bridgwater Solitude. I only bought one so whatever I melted a while back thinking it was Solitude was clearly a different scent. Now I just wish I knew what it was back then, because it was good. I like this Solitude too, and the scent description is more closely matched to what I'm smelling.

Hi all! [smilie=th_lmao-1]

First scents of the day for me are:

K - Vanilla Almond Twist - Blue Gecko - Surprisingly, one of my favorites from BG. An excellent strong scent.

That is surprising. That's almost bakery! You feeling okay?

I reached in my stash and pulled out Bridgwater Solitude. I only bought one so whatever I melted a while back thinking it was Solitude was clearly a different scent. Now I just wish I knew what it was back then, because it was good. I like this Solitude too, and the scent description is more closely matched to what I'm smelling.

LOL Jules. That's funny about the Bridgewater Solitude - I wonder if you will solve the mystery as to what the other scent was. Bridgewater's scent list isn't that big so it shouldn't be impossible and there are only so many white tarts that they have.

The Vanulla Almond Twist doesn't smell like a bakery scent to me. Still surprising since I'm not really a big fan of vanilla scents either. It's a good one though.

Afternoon scents are:

K - Sparkling Cinnamon - YC - A very nice moderately strong cinnamon scent

LR - Silver Bells - YC - Not getting much from this one so far

BR - Siberian Silver Fir - YC - Not getting much from this one so far either

ETA: I can now smell the last two scents but they aren't very strong - they are both nice though

Bigred, I'm melting SH Lavender Freesia today too! [smilie=th_lmao-1]

This one is really nice, and pleasantly strong even with one clamshell cube. My order for this weekend is mostly set, but I might have to re-evaluate based on this one. Hmm...

Just got back home a little while ago from a day of running errands....I feel exhausted!

Got a fab order from Carol which I opened and sniffed immediately!

Melting Carol's Melon Mist in the kitchen

Carol's Honeydew Melon upstairs

Also have my Lakeshore votive going in Cucumber Apple....love this scent even though it did smell like wet paint when I first burned it! It's a great summery scent, very cool and green.

Finishing up Red Currant from LunaBleu in the living room and Dacquiri Luxe from LOL in the comp room. Have a safe and happy holiday everyone,

slpit - :lol: What do U think of the LunaBleu? Any scents U would recommend?

Bigred - I lurve BG's Vanilla Almond Twist, too! :lol:

Melting Busy B's Apple Cinnamon. This is a good one!

Sweet

I have been enjoying her tarts. I mainly tried the fruity ones and all have been good. I was surprised how good this Red Currant was all alone and not blended with the typical Thyme. The lemon and strawberry and lime ones have done well for me. I just ordered the grab bag and they choose the scents. Thought I would do that a couple of times and then order what I liked of them. When I do grab bags I get the ones I might not have tried, and often would have missed them. This is the first one I have melted in a bit so my brain is a little foggy. I loved the Fresh Lemon Curd and the Ambre de nepal ( or something like that). She has some very different scents.

The late afternoon melts are

Living Room....Can-Do...Spell Weaver

Comp Room....Can-Do...Sea Blossom

I changed out scents again - the ones I had on just weren't doing it for me.

K - Apple Orchard - CC - A nice scent in tart form but the candle is so much better - they discontinued all their simmer snap tarts anyway so they aren't available even if I wanted to buy more of them. I do need to order another large jar though...

LR - Chateau - Tyler - A very nice moderately strong french lavender scent.

BR - Seagrass - CC - I have both a tart and my large oval jar candle of this scent going in here - awesome scent!

Bathroom - Wedding Bouquet - Nene's - Another very nice scent but one that I can barely smell - disappointing

I'm also still burning my GC Casablanca Lily jar in the bath.

Slpit~ I love Can-do's Spellweaver...what do you think?

Got an order from Soy Scentual today...burning Tropical Tuberose in two burners and it's doing a pretty good job of getting around plus its really nice. I usually don't go for florals, but this spring I'm loving them. Very happy with this order.

Right now burning:

Lemon Bundt Cake candle - Texas Candle Factory

Peanut Butter candle - Backroad Hobbies

and melting:

Caramel - Rosa's. Yummy!

Coffee Mocha - Angie's

Mulberry - Gramma Fran's

Today I have been melting

Strawberry Pie - CFTKR ----- nice strong scent

Red Delicious Apple - GHBT ---- this on is fantastic, and nice and long lasting

Peanut Butter Cup - GHBT --- started nice and strong but faded pretty quick. I will judge this one again on a day that all of the windows and fans aren't open. The scent was really good. It spells like a peanut butter cookie to me.

:lol:

Slpit~ I love Can-do's Spellweaver...what do you think?

Maggie, I love Spell Weaver. This is the first time I have melted it. I have put it in my bed and bath favorites along with Badedas, Pink Bombshell, Little Black Dress, Bamboo and Teak, Ambre De Nepal, and My Olive Blossom. To me they all border on the sultry but sensual scents.

I think Spell Weaver would be great in bath and body....I want some lotion!!!!!

I like Spell Weaver too. Got some with my recent order.

Melting Lessie's Cinnamon Rolls by Can-Do. Oh.....this brings back good memories of Candle Haven! Can-Do has done great with Lessie's scents.

I like Spell Weaver too. Got some with my recent order.

Melting Lessie's Cinnamon Rolls by Can-Do. Oh.....this brings back good memories of Candle Haven! Can-Do has done great with Lessie's scents.

I know what you mean Cindy! I'm melting the Lessie's Paradise Island from Can-Do. It's so good! Can-Do's and CCCC's Paradise are the strongest and best around (IMHO).

Also melting...

LOL ~ Island Mandarin and Dreamsicle

It all smells so good! [smilie=th_teks0311]

I am trying to melt, but having problems...I have a new bag of tealights and everytime I think they are lit and walk away, they go out. I am on tealight #4 tonight! [smilie=th_teks0311]

If I WAS melting, the scent would be: Aroma Soy's Raspberry Patchouli

I am trying to melt, but having problems...I have a new bag of tealights and everytime I think they are lit and walk away, they go out. I am on tealight #4 tonight! [smilie=th_aa17]

Oh no, Debra. [smilie=th_teks0311] Let's smash those blasted tealights. I hope your whole bag is not a bust. Can you return them? I found a decent bag at BB&B.

Added Swan Creek - Orange Caramel Cappuccino

I am trying to melt, but having problems...I have a new bag of tealights and everytime I think they are lit and walk away, they go out. I am on tealight #4 tonight! [smilie=th_aa17]

Oh no, Debra. [smilie=th_teks0311] Let's smash those blasted tealights. I hope your whole bag is not a bust. Can you return them? I found a decent bag at BB&B.

Added Swan Creek - Orange Caramel Cappuccino

Condolences appreciated, jules! This is painful. The bad news - they are BB&B!!!

I am trying to melt, but having problems...I have a new bag of tealights and everytime I think they are lit and walk away, they go out. I am on tealight #4 tonight! [smilie=th_teks0311]

I've tried the YC tealights and now I have 2 bags of 100 of the BB&B tealights and I'm just as pleased with them as the YC ones and they are cheaper and you get a much bigger bag for your money. Give the BB&B ones a try.

Unfortunately bigred - that is what these are! [smilie=th_teks0311] I have never had problems before, either, so I am really surprised that these are so useless! They burn long enough to make a little dimple of melted wax around the wick - and Poof! They just go out.