The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind

Mega-scenting MAYnia!

Hello...

slpit, that sounds like a good one....I like cherry scents...

Karla, what did you get in THE BOX? I must've missed something..?

I have Cottage Hill Creations Honey Bun Cake melting....yummy!

karla is referring to our Round Robin Swap - she was the last stop in the process so she ends up with all the tarts we have swapped. (We got the box, took out what we liked, then replaced the number - or more - that we took with new tarts.)

I guess I should add that for more info, look under "Candles and Melts" in the swap forum.

This morning it was Huckleberry Layne Strawberry--very nice and this evening it is Bizzy B's Strawberry Jam and Lemon Poundcake--I love this one and this month it is the scent of the month so you can get it on sale. Yeah!! Hope everyone has had a good day. I have been running all day and I am tired.

I must really be tired--forgot to say I also have YC French Vanilla on and CHC Strawberry Shortcake.

Hello...

slpit, that sounds like a good one....I like cherry scents...

Karla, what did you get in THE BOX? I must've missed something..?

I have Cottage Hill Creations Honey Bun Cake melting....yummy!

karla is referring to our Round Robin Swap - she was the last stop in the process so she ends up with all the tarts we have swapped. (We got the box, took out what we liked, then replaced the number - or more - that we took with new tarts.)

I guess I should add that for more info, look under "Candles and Melts" in the swap forum.

:)

Wow, that sounds like fun! Are you going to ever do one of those again? It reminds me of the days when we would do scrapbooking round robins.

This evening, I still have the beanpods raspberry lemonade in my bedroom. It's been going all day long, and it still is strong. I also started yc's roses & ivy in my living room, and it's such a pretty scent.

I hope everyone has a wonderful evening!

You'll be missed, Melissa, and I wish you all the best! :)

As far as tarts go, my yc fresh cut herbs that was so strong yesterday had absolutely no throw today. So, I just changed it out for cobblestone's sweet pea.

Heidi, imo, YC tarts are never as strong after you've let them harden and remelt them the next day. But many of them last a LONG time if you melt them continuously. I find that a bit strange.

I have found the same thing to be true as Jason--second time on YC is not good--you are better off keeping it liquid and they will last about 12 hrs.

Most of my yc ones are still good the next day, but for some reason the fresh cut herbs died on me. That's ok, though. But, if I get another one, I'll make sure to keep it going, since I really enjoyed it. It was so nice and fresh.

Thanks for the advice!

Guest Anonymous

wearefamily - Yes we will do other swaps. Get to posting because you have to have at least 50 posts to get to be in the swap group!

It was a TON of FUN!!!

I put on Warm Embrace from out of the box. It doesn't have what co. it is from? I really like it so far.

karla

wearefamily - Yes we will do other swaps. Get to posting because you have to have at least 50 posts to get to be in the swap group!

It was a TON of FUN!!!

I put on Warm Embrace from out of the box. It doesn't have what co. it is from? I really like it so far.

karla

Does this count as another post? LOL

Where do I learn more on the swap groups?

Guest Anonymous

Wearefamily - Go to the bottom of the forum, and it will say swaps. It is a private room, and the only way to get in is to have the 50 posts. You only have 30 to go! lol

I put on PI - Lattes from chunky butt candles! It is so nasty!! yuck! I

I am going to have to dump it, and put on Orange chili pepper to get that smell out of here.

karla

I got my first McCarley's order yesterday. Last night was Amish Quilt, which I love, but it wasn't very strong. I started out this morning with Vanilla Wafer and could barely smell it, and it had kind of a strawberry undertone that my husband even noticed! :? I've had Orange Chili Pepper in for four hours and I'm not really smelling it either.

Hmmmmm......

Jewel

Wearefamily - Go to the bottom of the forum, and it will say swaps. It is a private room, and the only way to get in is to have the 50 posts. You only have 30 to go! lol

I put on PI - Lattes from chunky butt candles! It is so nasty!! yuck! I

I am going to have to dump it, and put on Orange chili pepper to get that smell out of here.

karla

Well, I'm almost 1/2 way there in posts. LOL

weare - I think most of us YC folks try to use the coupon to make the prices more reasonable - right now I have one off the front of the catalog that is $15 off $45. They have a special too, when you buy several tarts in the YC stores (can you other YC melters remember the specifics on this?) And, finally, you can usually google and get a coupon that is good for around $10.

weare - I think most of us YC folks try to use the coupon to make the prices more reasonable - right now I have one off the front of the catalog that is $15 off $45. They have a special too, when you buy several tarts in the YC stores (can you other YC melters remember the specifics on this?) And, finally, you can usually google and get a coupon that is good for around $10.

How do you get the catalogs? I've been in their stores before, but have never seen a catalog. (although, it has been years since I've been in their stores..)

Ending the day with Cobblestone Candle Co. - Himalayan Bamboo....I am really enjoying this scent...it was one of my freebies....I see a reorder in the future!

I would love to take part in swaps....I don't think I have 50 posts yet though! LOL...

Was in TJ Maxx today and almost bought a Yankee candle....the scent was Basil Nectarine and it was extremely strong smelling in the jar and quite pleasant....it had sort of a different label on it, but it was definitely a YC. They had several, so I may go back and get one yet....$7.99 for a medium size jar.

Have a nice evening!

Ending the day with Cobblestone Candle Co. - Himalayan Bamboo....I am really enjoying this scent...it was one of my freebies....I see a reorder in the future!

I would love to take part in swaps....I don't think I have 50 posts yet though! LOL...

Was in TJ Maxx today and almost bought a Yankee candle....the scent was Basil Nectarine and it was extremely strong smelling in the jar and quite pleasant....it had sort of a different label on it, but it was definitely a YC. They had several, so I may go back and get one yet....$7.99 for a medium size jar.

Have a nice evening!

Wow, I think that's a pretty good price, isn't it? Don't those ones normally for for like 12-15.00?

Aria - you are almost there! Post 4 more! [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Weare - I go to the website and there is a place on the home page where it says "request a catalog". HTH!

Just wondering, where do you all get your Yankee candle Tarts? Do you get them at the local YC store, or is there somewhere cheaper you can find them? I heard they can be 1.99 each, which seems a little pricey.

Hi wearefamily, I usually get my YC tarts directly from the YC store since they have the biggest selection and I almost always find a coupon online or recieve them by email and catalog. All you have to do is register on their website and sign up to recieve these. I got about 25 tarts the other day at $1.33 each.

I had on YC's Berry Tangerine earlier, but I didn't like it. Smelled like fruit punch or Kool-Aid, only stronger. I turned it off. Now I have on Lemon Lavender and Sweet Strawberry. These both have a great throw. Much better!

Just wondering, where do you all get your Yankee candle Tarts? Do you get them at the local YC store, or is there somewhere cheaper you can find them? I heard they can be 1.99 each, which seems a little pricey.

Hi wearefamily, I usually get my YC tarts directly from the YC store since they have the biggest selection and I almost always find a coupon online or recieve them by email and catalog. All you have to do is register on their website and sign up to recieve these. I got about 25 tarts the other day at $1.33 each.

I had on YC's Berry Tangerine earlier, but I didn't like it. Smelled like fruit punch or Kool-Aid, only stronger. I turned it off. Now I have on Lemon Lavender and Sweet Strawberry. These both have a great throw. Much better!

I just signed up now. Thank you so much!