The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
DesertRose

April's Shower of Scents

Congratulations Jason! Go buy yourself a 24 watt melter...you'll need this powerhouse of a scent producer for your new big abode. Ahhh...the memories of moving...have fun.

I'm still melting Mojito. I think that tonight I'll remelt Baked Vanilla Crunch since I didn't get it going today.

[smilie=th_1_bigone110] Jason, the new apartment sounds fantastic.

This is the second day that I have been melting Baklava from Nene's and it is still going strong. I am going to have to get me a pound of this one. It is fantastic. I love cinnamony bakery scents.

In another room I have Stawberries and Cream burning from Old Virginia.

A little off-topic but I wanted to post this here because I don't think everyone looks at the culinary section.

Does anyone have a Margaritaville drink maker? I'm thinking about getting DH one for our anniversary. If you have one, do you like it? Is it worth the money?

Hi all! Today it's Fresh Cut Grass from Can-Do and Juniper Breeze from LOL. I was hoping Fresh Cut Grass would be stronger, but they both smell great. On another note, DP and I have lost our minds and have taken the penthouse in our apartment building! It is alot more than we are paying in our current 2 bed/2 bath, but it is so much bigger! It has 3 bed/3bath and a much larger living room and I am nervous and excited. We can start moving our stuff upstairs on Saturday. Oh the packing! I will need more melters for this huge apartment! [smilie=th_jay] [smilie=th_yay] [smilie=th_1_bigone110]

:lol: [smilie=kewl]

Let us know how the move goes! You will love having the bigger place to put even more smellies!!!

Hey there everyone!

Right now I am melting....

MD ~ Baton Rouge....anyone know when Jenn is going to re-open? All she has now is clearance stuff.

EW ~ Angel....Love this scent....it's so pretty.

I melted BG Fairys' Garden last night.....it was very strong and smelled exactly like what most vendors call Twigs & Berries. I could still smell it when I came downstairs this morning!

Jason, Congrats on the penthouse....la tee da!!!!

Gotta go take the boys to baseball practice!

Howdy.

LOL - Pear Toffee Drizzle

Grazia - VT Maple Sugar Confection

FP - Cranberry Bread

AMS votive Zuccini Bread

Have a fun day.

Jules - whatcha think of the Cranberry Bread?

Katz - so sorry about your car repairs. :? Ya know the saying......if it has tires or testosterone....you're gonna have trouble... [smilie=th_jay] :lol:

[smilie=th_1_bigone110] Jason - congratulations! Penthouse, huh? [smilie=kewl]

Desertrose reminded me I have some elderly TS tarts, so I'm melting Spice Haven. An oldie, but goodie. [smilie=th_yay]

Congrats Jason-I had no idea I was rubbing elbows with such high society! Lol! That is so exciting!

Just came in from another day of working in the garden. Is it really worth all this? Sure it is-I love fresh fruits and veggies.

I haven't decided on the lineup for the evening-right now just collapsing in the chair sounds like heaven.

Oh katz, I empathize - I got the rock in the windshield last night on the freeway. CRACK!

Jason, ol' buddy, it is time to go shopping!!! Congrats!

This morning my son came downstairs and meekly said, "Mom, I am sorry, but I really don't want to hurt your feelings...I know you made blueberry muffins, I just want to eat some cereal and head to the gym". HA! No problem! It was FP Lemon Berry Crumble! [smilie=th_1_bigone110] Good stuff!

Added: tonight is Essential Pleasures - Spiritual Awakening. Perfumey, needs to be stronger.

LOL Debra. [smilie=th_fabulous1]

Last scents of the night for me are:

K - Tahitian Melon and Passion Fruit - Cloud Nine - Light throw so far but a very nice scent - It's not very hot yet so I might get a better throw once it heats up more.

LR - Lemon Lavender - CFTKR - Yet another great scent from Carol - I think this one is going to be a strong one.

BR - Tyler Roses - Tyler Candles - Still the best straight rose petal scent I've smelled - Superb!

Bathroom - 2nd tealight for AMS Fun in the Sun - still just as strong as it was for the first tealight.

Still burning the Pure Integrity Jasmine jar (almost done) and my Illuminations Sunflower jar in the bathroom.

Good Night all!

Kim-Sorry about your car.

Jason-Good Luck in your new apartment! Sounds great!

Last melt of the night is AMS Frosted Lime Cupcake. I love this one!

Katz - sorry about your car! [smilie=th_326db8b3]

Olive - I love Toasted Marshmallow from CC. I thought she had discontinued it. If she still has it, I need more! :lol:

Jason - congrats on the penthouse! Definitely will need more melters. Leave no inch unscented! Now...did I hear there was going to be a party??? [smilie=th_fabulous1]

Debra - too funny!!! Let him keep thinking it was muffins in the oven. :oops:

Butterscotch Brulee - Nene's

Black Cherry Crumb Cake - Busy Bee

Black Cherry Bomb - MD

Melting Tobacco flower from Missy and Country Berry Hotcake's from AMS. My house is smelling wonderful! Have a good night all! [smilie=th_fabulous1]

Congrats Jason! [smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJackie_vi7]

Now you can have more scents going at one time. Good luck with your move! Some melts for today have been:

LOL ~ Citrus Lemon Squares

BG ~ Sugared Raspberry Violets

Can-Do ~ Honeydew Melon

EE ~ Snowstorm (one more try)

EW ~ Rose

LOL ~ Morgan's Rose (love this..such a unique rose scent)

Congrats Jason! [smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJackie_vi7]

Now you can have more scents going at one time. Good luck with your move! Some melts for today have been:

LOL ~ Citrus Lemon Squares

BG ~ Sugared Raspberry Violets

Can-Do ~ Honeydew Melon

EE ~ Snowstorm (one more try)

EW ~ Rose

LOL ~ Morgan's Rose (love this..such a unique rose scent)

Do you not like the EE Snowstorm, Heart? Also I have one of the LOL Morgan's Rose, so I'm glad to find out it's a good one.

I was going to burn one of my YC jars tonight, but instead I fell asleep for three hours (7-10 PM) and missed all of my favorite TV shows!! [smilie=th_fabulous1] After last week's bout of insomnia, my body has remembered how to sleep, and now it is binging to make up for all the lost hours, I guess.

So instead of doing a big cande, I'm remelting Nene's Lemon Squares. I really like her scents, and they are OK for the size of space I have, but most of them could be a bit stronger IMO. Looking forward to trying something else tomorrow, although I will be doing a bunch of work on final projects. Ugh...

This morning my son came downstairs and meekly said, "Mom, I am sorry, but I really don't want to hurt your feelings...I know you made blueberry muffins, I just want to eat some cereal and head to the gym". HA! No problem! It was FP Lemon Berry Crumble! [smilie=th_326db8b3] Good stuff!

Added: tonight is Essential Pleasures - Spiritual Awakening. Perfumey, needs to be stronger.

Debra, that's hilarious! :oops: [smilie=th_fabulous1]

Sweet&spicy, The Cranberry Bread was okay. It was an elderly melt that I found and it wasn't very strong, but the scent was nice.

Last night's scents:

10 digit - Blue Sugar (B-day loot)

Dark Candles - Dracula (B-day loot) Thanks enablers.

both were good scents. I've now got two more places that I want to order from. :lol:

[smilie=th_326db8b3]

[smilie=th_fabulous1] Trying really hard to wake up here.....

I am burning my Country Breakfast candle from Crossroads.....pure yum.

It's going to be nice and warm here today so I plan on doing some yardwork.

Good morning! Today's melts are:

CFTKR - Orange Cranberry

CFTKR - Spiced Pear

I'm reading a story at DD's school late this morning...eeek! I'm so excited. I love doing that kind of stuff with her.

How fun, LLVV.

There is a huge fire in the Everglades, and the smoke has drifted over here. When I took DS to the bus stop the smoke was thick and headache inducing. Looks like another indoor day.

I'm melting Vanilla Bean and Boysenberry from CBV this morning.

Jules, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope it doesn't last long.

LLUV, have fun reading to your dd's class!

Not melting anything yet. It is FINALLY warm here today. It will be in the 70's [smilie=th_fabulous1] We are going to piano and then our favorite farmers market and then hiking with my niece. I'm so excited that it's going to be nice out.

Yesterday I meted Carol's Butterfly Hugs... it was very soft and nice.