The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
DesertRose

April's Shower of Scents

A CFTKR sale while I'm on lockdown??? Figures! I'm trying to stay strong here, folks! Anyway, it's a picture perfect spring day here today-in the seventies, a gentle breeze and not a cloud in the sky! I'm melting YC's Blue Hydrangea and burning my Mountain Lake candle.

I spent this morning and early afternoon finishing off Cracking Birch and Sweet Pumpkin Bars.

I'm actually off to the pediatrician with DD. She's had a swollen lymph node for a couple of weeks which the doctor attributed to her pierced ears not looking so well. She's been having touching issues with her earrings and they never got better after she got her earring caught on her pillow a coupl eof months ago. I took out the earrings and the holes scabbed over with what I think is an infection inside the lobe because the lobes feel hard like there is something in them. The Neosporin can't get in there so I want him to have a look at the situation. After that we're going to my parents' house for dinner. I'll watch AI and relax with a nice pumpkin scent again tonight.

Toodles!

LLVV - I hope your daughter's ear is okay. I didn't get my ears pierced until I was in my twenties. I remember acting like a big sissy. My friends (who insisted on tagging along) kept saying it won't hurt, it won't hurt. Well - it did hurt for me but I'm sure I just magnified it because I was dreading it.

Just have Lavendar Cream-Nene's

Bel Vampiro-Blue Gecko

Apple Toffee Fritters-LOL

Going this afternoon-will melt more this evening.

Guest Anonymous

I just recently started melting LOL, Sugar Bits. I am LOVING this one! :lol:

I'm melting LOL Sugar Bits today too. Along with HoT Coconut Creme Coffee.

When is HoT opening again? [smilie=th_thsignA] Bueller?

:lol:

hee hee. I second that motion, I would really like to know! Taking the kids out for our walk today... it is 77 degrees right now!

LLVV - I hope your daughter's ear is okay. I didn't get my ears pierced until I was in my twenties. I remember acting like a big sissy. My friends (who insisted on tagging along) kept saying it won't hurt, it won't hurt. Well - it did hurt for me but I'm sure I just magnified it because I was dreading it.

We pierced our ears in 7th grade at a spend the night party with an baking potato and a needle. In case you would like to use this method in the future.... you will cut the end off of the potato and hold it behind your ear lobe and jab the needle through your ear. works perfectly. Hurts like *ell! :lol: The whipping I got when my mother picked me up and found out hurt worse!!!!!!!!

LLVV....hope your little girl's ear is ok....she may need an antibotic.

darling....nice weather, was'nt it just snowing last week??

Nice day here today also, I've got on Noel Crunch Cake from LOL. I really love this scent!

denim....jab the needle! Ouch! Brought back memories of when I was 12 and got mine done...the old fashion way! :lol:

I spent this morning and early afternoon finishing off Cracking Birch and Sweet Pumpkin Bars.

I'm actually off to the pediatrician with DD. She's had a swollen lymph node for a couple of weeks which the doctor attributed to her pierced ears not looking so well. She's been having touching issues with her earrings and they never got better after she got her earring caught on her pillow a coupl eof months ago. I took out the earrings and the holes scabbed over with what I think is an infection inside the lobe because the lobes feel hard like there is something in them. The Neosporin can't get in there so I want him to have a look at the situation. After that we're going to my parents' house for dinner. I'll watch AI and relax with a nice pumpkin scent again tonight.

Toodles!

LLVV, I wish I would have paid better attention, I am curious to see what your doctor has to say. I got a huge, very hard lump in my earlobe a few years ago, they tried treating it with antibiotics, and it didn't go away. They ended up sending me to an Ear, nose and throat doctor, who told me I had a keliod tumor, which is basically super scar tissue from a trauma, which they told me could have been from my earrings. I had to go to a plastic surgeon..... it was an ordeal. I hope that is not the case with your daughter, but it does support my current notion that I will not let my daughter get her ears pierced... they say the tendency to get keliods is genetic. Anyway, let us know how it turns out!

Jules, our resident comedienne! [smilie=th_c032] That movie is an 80s classic.

We didn't go shopping today. DP's friend needed to get some tests done on his heart so he took him to get them done. We'll do grocery shopping tomorrow. I was Spring cleaning instead. Ceiling fans are great, but they are a pain in the a** to clean, especially if they're white. :?

Changed out scents to:

K - Starfruit & Orange - YC - A nice scent but it could be stronger - a lot of the YC fruit scents don't seem to be that strong to me.

LR - Evening Breeze - Colonial - This is an awesome scent....in a candle. In tart form it's good but the candle smells much better to me and it's a personal favorite. DP likes it too. [smilie=th_ecd36868]

BR - Greenhouse - YC - One of my most favorite scents from YC, and it's wonderfully strong.

Bathroom - Midnight Jasmine - YC - I really like this one (first time trying it) but I would like it more if it was stronger.

I'm melting LOL Sugar Bits today too. Along with HoT Coconut Creme Coffee.

When is HoT opening again? [smilie=th_c032] Bueller?

Yeah, I'd like to know too, because I have a gift certificate, and if I don't spend any money it can't count as going off lockdown right??

:?

LLVV, I hope your daughter's ear problem isn't too serious. Sounds painful though, poor bebe.

DesertRose, feel better quick!

I'm melting LOL's Clean Crisp Air, a gift from a CF friend. [smilie=th_c032] It's strong and fresh, with a touch of floral, a touch of ozone. Really NICE!

It's 92 degrees here at 2:30. Time to hibernate inside the house. :?

Gail

orange clove ~ kitchen - GHBT

Strawberry lemonaide - Bedroom - GHBT

tangerine dreams - Bedroom - GHBT

Citrus Spice - Bathroom - Yankee Candle

I can't wait until my orders start coming in. I'm tired of sifting through the same ole tarts. s :)

I have been melting HOT Coconut Creme Coffee for close to 11 hours and it is still SO strong!

Jules- I saw you were melting this today also. Is it lasting this long for you also? I wanted to change scents for tonight but I feel guilty wasting a good tart.

Well, at the moment, I don't have anything melting other than candied apples and vanilla lime from yc that I've been melting all day. I do, however, have incredible smelling cinnamon rolls in the oven, and I don't want anything to compete with that smell. Yum! :)