The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
DesertRose

April's Shower of Scents

Happy Saturday Everyone!

This beautiful sunny morning I am melting CCCC Caramel Buttercream Frosting and CCCC Bear Claw.

I am burning Goose Creek Spice Cake, Goose Creek Maple Cream and Crossroads Buttery Maple Syrup.

It smells good here!

Good morn everyone. Today's melts are: Bridgewater, smells like a walk in the woods by bridgewater candle co. Black Amethyst by Crosscreek, don't really like this one. Have a great Saturday.

Susan

Happy Saturday! It is going to be a really gorgeous spring day here....love it!

I am melting Ocean Mist from Crosscreek.....I absolutely adore this scent from Deana. It's a great springtime scent....smells like fresh air at the beach.

Michele, how are you liking the Crossroads candle so far?

Good Morning!

Starting out the day with Linen Breeze from CFTKR.....this is a very nice clean scent

Hope everyone has a very pleasant smelling day! [smilie=th_bighug-1]

Good Morning Everyone.

Gourmet Sugar Cookie-CC

OK, I have to admit, since this followed a "what scents did you get" post, at first I totally thought that "Good Morning Everyone" was the title of a scent. [smilie=th_bighug-1]

Beautiful sunny day here in Tennessee! I've started off with Plumeria from Rosa's. Red Velvet Cake from Missy and Cream Brulee from Cheryl! Everyone have a good Saturday!

I'm melting Haunted Heart from Cozy Cottage. This is an interesting blend of scents - pomegranate, fig and cedar. I can't really detect the cedar but it sure smells good.

I agree, Olive. Haunted Heart is a beautiful scent. [smilie=th_bighug-1]

cmarie, I think that Good Morning Everyone would be a great name for a melt. Maybe an orange juice cake scent. Which scent notes would you put in it? [smilie=th_balloons]

Aria- The Crossroads candle is burning well so far. I like it a lot. I think I should have gotten the larger size. The labels would have been nice. Next time. I have a lot of candles to burn through.

LOL - Christy, 'Good Morning Everyone' SHOULD be a scent! I'd melt it!

Olive - I LOVE Haunted Heart! It's my favorite scent from Cozy Cottage. I think she does the BEST fall scents. I was rifling through my stash the other day desperately looking for a Haunted Heart tart to melt, but I'm out... [smilie=th_bighug-1]

Heart, you have got to try a CHC Rosemary Mint tart too! I think it's the best of all the Rosemary Mints. I'm anxious to hear how your comparison went.

I was cold this morning so I put on CFTKR Winter Garden. For some reason that scent makes me feel warmer without it being an overly fall or wintery scent. I also have CFTKR Watermelon Cotton Candy going.

sweet&spiceygrl~I couldn't smell the Banana Nut Muffin from Soy Lovely either, cold or melting!!!!

I honestly wasn't impressed with hardly any of the scents that i bought from Soy Lovely, i could hardly smell any of them melting.

Becky - guess it's just not my nose, then. :P I've only tried the banana and sugar cookie and neither have been strong. I let them cure a while, too. [smilie=th_bighug-1] Maybe it's the scents I chose (bakery, of course! [smilie=th_balloons] and an Avacado Cilantro). But, I have some more to try, so I'm not giving up on them yet.....

cmarie, I think that Good Morning Everyone would be a great name for a melt. Maybe an orange juice cake scent. Which scent notes would you put in it? [smilie=th_balloons]

Jules - I think you may be on to something! :P A vendor that does customs could have one called 'Good Morning Everyone' and we could scent it w/exactly what we want to smell first thing in the morning! [smilie=th_bighug-1]

Melting Bella's Eggnog Sweet Bread

Hmm..."Good Morning Everyone" reminds me of YC's Good Morning, so I'm thinking muffins and pears, definitely with a splash of orange juice. Or you could put in a hint of coffee instead of the OJ.

I want a Good Morning Everyone melt too! Maybe we should get the vendors to have a competition, and candlefind members could judge it!! That would be super fun! [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

I am at Saturday School this morning, and I have to say, I am not a very good dention teacher. They were all sitting quietly staring at their desks like dutiful little students, but I couldn't stand the quiet after an hour and busted out the Scrabble and Skip-bo! That's kind of educational, right? [smilie=th_balloons]

I have Blue Gecko's Cabernet Grape Parfait going, and I LOOOOOVVVE this one! I have been so impressed with every tart I have tried from her so far! I put in the Green Apple Pucker at home this morning before I left, I will be interested to hear what DH has to say when I get home.

I am also interested to hear which Rosemary Mint was the best.... I love that scent!

godiva tini - missy's

mcintosh apple - ghbt - love this one

country splender - ghbt's - love this one

rose and ivey - yc

green apple - walmart

vanilla cedar - candles by victoria

we went too the arts and crafts festival on the square this morning. would you believe not a single candle there! ugh!!! going to see 17 again this afternoon. looks like its going to be a cute movie.

[smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

What a great idea; a Good Morning Everyone scent! I love the idea of replacing the oj with coffee. Mmm.... muffins, maybe a little fruit and some coffee. [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

I'm melting Coconut Citrus Parfait from Scentsy. This one is really good. I smell lots of coconut and some citrus with a little sweetness. It's a gorgeous day here so we're off to hit some yard sales and run a few errands. Hope everyone has a lovely Saturday!

Just got in from late night out, followed by early morning soccer game-next up- the pet expo. Popped in to melt-

Black Cherry Cola-LOL

Pink Nilla Sugar-Crosscreek

Buttercream Vanilla-AMS

Have a good day all!

LOL - Christy, 'Good Morning Everyone' SHOULD be a scent! I'd melt it!

"Good morning everyone" scent is a great idea! Maybe we could have a poll and e-mail the results to our favorite vendors. Customs would be great, but with so many different likes/dislikes among us, idk if any vendor would do that with the scent name remaining the same. I would love, love love that as a regular scent name though with a drop down menu for our custom choices! Whoever suggested a competition among vendors for a "Good Morning Everyone" scent really floats my boat! I wonder if Christina could give the winner a small ad or a discount for an ad?

Very busy day here! My grandson is having a big # 5 birthday party, so I have his favorite melting:

CCCC ~ Birthday Cake

LOL ~ Fruit Loop Cookies

I'll post the Rosemary Mint Results in another post. It was tough since not all the Rosemary Mints smelled like a true Rosemary Mint Scent. The ones with a lot of peppermint in them tended to make the throw a stronger one, and the biggest throws occured during the first two hours of melting (hope that makes sense).

I am looking forward to it heart!

I chased down FLEUR!! She is OK, on the road and will be back soon. (You can run, but you can not hide from your candlebuddies!)

Today's lineup:

Buggytown - Country Vanilla and Cucumber Melon

Sugar and Spice - Blackberry Amber

House of Soy - Aloha. These are the scruffiest looking things, but I sure have found some good scents!

Melting CD - Country Hotcakes and EW - Birthday Cake

I like the coffee instead of the OJ too. with muffins and fruit but no raisins. :oops: I'm in.

Have fun Heart2heart. 5 year olds are fun! I love musical chairs. It's an under rated party game. [smilie=th_balloons] [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Melting CD - Country Hotcakes and EW - Birthday Cake

I like the coffee instead of the OJ too. with muffins and fruit but no raisins. :lol: I'm in.

Have fun Heart2heart. 5 year olds are fun! I love musical chairs. It's an under rated party game. [smilie=th_balloons] [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

I take it from the lack of a post in the packages thread that your birthday tart package didn't arrive today? It should be there by Monday then. :oops:

Glad Fleur is okay, and Happy Birthday Jules! [smilie=thank_you]

Here's the lowdown on last night's test:

CFTKR' Rosemary Mint still has life in it leftover from last night. Must be the parrafin.

Throws that were the strongest of Rosemary Mint last night in order the first two hours of melting:

Candledippers and LOL (about the same throw and lovely scents)

Blue Gecko (a very true and good Rosemary mint...more Rosemary in it than mint)!

CFTKR (lastest the longest)

SH (weakest and smelled a little medicinal)

Candledippers was the most beautiful Rosemary Mint (IMHO).

I recalled that Pure Scents use to have a great Rosemary Mint that had a big throw, but I didn't have any on hand for the test.

I'd be interested in others experience with the above Rosemary Mints.

Good Afternoon,

Here I am about to make a spur fo the moment trip. Does anyone have a phone number for the lady who has Haley's Heavenly Scents? I am heading that way with my daughter to look at a wedding site, and hey, why would I waste a perfectly good trip?

I sent her an email to find out if her store would be open, but have gotten not a response!

Would appreciate anything as rapidly as possible!

Melting LOL's Welcome Home

Hi everyone,

I'm getting a late start today. Unexpected visits from the family this morning. [smilie=thank_you]

I love the "Good Morning Everyone" ideas. You guys are so creative! A contest would be so fun!

I'm so glad to hear Fleur's alive and well. It'll be good to have her back.

I'm melting Cross Creek's Amish Quilt, a gift from a CF friend. Thank you! It's a really good 'un!

Gail