The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
DesertRose

April's Shower of Scents

Changed over to Santa's Pipe from Cheryl! Very Good! Cheryl has some "knock your socks off" scents! I love her bakery scents too! [smilie=damn]

sweet&spiceygrl~I couldn't smell the Banana Nut Muffin from Soy Lovely either, cold or melting!!!!

I honestly wasn't impressed with hardly any of the scents that i bought from Soy Lovely, i could hardly smell any of them melting.

Dabba, I love YC's Red Berry & Cedar too! The adjectives that come to mind are bright and vibrant.

Doing a final remelt of EW's Salty Sea Air, then I'll switch to AMS Lemon Pound Cake. In the bathroom it's YC Lilac Blossoms.

I went jogging today, so hopefully that will help with the insomnia tonight!

Candlelove - sorry about your melter!

Aria - I would love to see pics of your kitchen when you're done. I bet you're glad to be finishing that project.

A Splash of Summer - GHBT

Torrential Rains - AMS

Frosted Lime Cupcakes - AMS

Angel - Cloud Nine

Candle: Clean Cotton, Deja Vu

Today was Electric Lime by Blue Gecko, and my word! I used 1/2 of one cube and it was almost more than we could stand. Melter off after 9 hours - still giving off scent!

That is a strong one Debra! Certainly a love or hate scent. I love it, but I have to be in the mood for it.

Tonight I'm doing a Rosemary Mint comparison:

Blue Gecko

LOL

SH

Candledippers

CFTKR

They all smell a little different, but I'm trying to see which one has the biggest throw since it is a lighter scent choice.

I will report back. [smilie=damn]

Today was Electric Lime by Blue Gecko, and my word! I used 1/2 of one cube and it was almost more than we could stand. Melter off after 9 hours - still giving off scent!

That is a strong one Debra! Certainly a love or hate scent. I love it, but I have to be in the mood for it.

Tonight I'm doing a Rosemary Mint comparison:

Blue Gecko

LOL

SH

Candledippers

CFTKR

They all smell a little different, but I'm trying to see which one has the biggest throw since it is a lighter scent choice.

I will report back. [smilie=damn]

I know what you mean, heart - sometimes i just can't do that one! Now, for the Rosemary Mints...very interested in your results!

Rosemary Mint sounds interesting....don't know if I could do that one...maybe.

Aria...can't wait for photos of the house being done!

Melting.......Raspberry Violet a new creation for me....love it. I have been tinkering with new oils and soy wax....what an expensive hobby....... [smilie=damn] [smilie=th_235F35F32]

Tarthound

A Rosemary Mint melt-off. How neat! I'd be interested to know your results, Heart.

I completely forgot I should let my GHBT melts cure. Couldn't smell anything with the summer one. Oh well. Lesson learned.

Tulips - Cloud Nine

Tahitian Melon & Passion Fruit - Cloud Nine

[

I feel funny about emailing them and complaining. Did your candles get a full wax pool? I find that sometims candles have to be broken in with regards to scent throw. I have burned many YC jars (obviously) and at first thought they had no throw, only to find as it burns down it gets stronger to me. Maybe this candle needs some time. I can't figure out why I couldn't get a full wax pool though, as the wax is pretty soft for paraffin.

I know what you mean about breaking in a candle, especially YC. What size jar did you get? Did your wick keep a strong flame? I've burned the short wide apothecary size and the 8oz mason jar type. Both styles have gotten a full melt pool all the way to the edges and 1/2 in deep.

I don't like to do email either, but you've got nothing to lose if you would otherwise not order again, and you may get a better outcome. I couldn't wait for you to try one, so I'm sorry it's not working out for you. I like HL and raved about them so I'm bummed. [smilie=th_balloons]

I got the 28 oz. apothecary jar. It had a decent enough flame too. I don't think I'll complain. I'm just going to try it again on a day when I can burn it for a very long time. Thanks for being bummed about it with me! [smilie=th_326db8b3]

Tonight I'm melting YC Spa Fresh and burning my new Storm Watch candle.

Good morning...first melt of the day is Soy Lovely gingered peaches in two tealight melters...nice scent but not real strong! [smilie=th_326db8b3] added in CTS lemon almond poundcake and Candledippers welcome fall!

A Rosemary Mint melt-off. How neat! I'd be interested to know your results, Heart.

I completely forgot I should let my GHBT melts cure. Couldn't smell anything with the summer one. Oh well. Lesson learned.

Tulips - Cloud Nine

Are those Cloud Nine tarts good Cyn? And is this the place? - http://www.candlebath.com/

I just got up so after I brew and drink some [smilie=th_326db8b3] I will change out the melters.

Rosemary Mint sounds interesting....don't know if I could do that one...maybe.

Aria...can't wait for photos of the house being done!

Melting.......Raspberry Violet a new creation for me....love it. I have been tinkering with new oils and soy wax....what an expensive hobby....... [smilie=th_326db8b3] [smilie=th_balloons]

Tarthound

I love rosemary mint. Give it a try!

I'm melting Exotic Beaches from GHBT's thismorning. I'm about to get up and get the whole house smelling great!

Tulips - Cloud Nine

Are those Cloud Nine tarts good Cyn? And is this the place? - http://www.candlebath.com/

I just got up so after I brew and drink some [smilie=th_326db8b3] I will change out the melters.

Yes, that's the place, Bigred. There are several here I like, but most are light to moderate with scent throw. I didn't care for either of the ones I melted last night, but I've found some favorites I buy in 5 packs for the discount. I've ordered several times from here and though some of these work for me I don't see this place as a crowd pleaser, KWIM?

Tulips - Cloud Nine

Yes, that's the place, Bigred. There are several here I like, but most are light to moderate with scent throw. I didn't care for either of the ones I melted last night, but I've found some favorites I buy in 5 packs for the discount. I've ordered several times from here and though some of these work for me I don't see this place as a crowd pleaser, KWIM?

I placed a SMALL order to try them out. [smilie=th_balloons]

Good morning.

melts:

Dixieland - Huckleberry

Dixieland - Bergemot & Tarragon Leaves

candles:

WG pillar- Lemon Creme

Voluspa poured votive - Pomegranate & Pachouli

Colonial medium jar- Evening Breeze

Good Morning. Day 3 of sunshine [smilie=th_326db8b3] This morning I am melting LoL L'Amour de Mamie. It smells very similar to BG-Forever Alice. I hope everyone has a nice day, I'm doing some cleaning this morning and outside for the afternoon.

melting Comfortably Numb from LOL this morning, thank you Kim! This is my first ever LOL [smilie=th_bighug-1]

Ha! Too funny. Which scents did you get?

I got:

Cool Mountain Lake

Emerald Sea

Island Kiss

Kauai Ginger Blossom

MoonShadow

Rose

Sultry Oriental Nights

Tahitian Melon & Passion Fruit

Tulips

I finally got around to changing out scents:

K - Fruit Smoothie Sorbet - KFTKR - A very nice moderate to light scent - It would be even better if it was stronger

LR - Juniper Breeze - KFTKR - A very nice moderately strong scent

BR - Freesia - Spotted Hog - One of my favorites from SH, strong and awesome

Bathroom - Plumeria - Ganz Time & Again waffle bar - I really like this one too, it's a dead ringer for YC's Plumeria - Tartburners has these in stock now so I think I will have to get more scents to try.

Also burning my B&BW Butterfly Flower jar in the bath and my small Soy Lovely candle tin of Caribbean Colada in the kitchen.

[smilie=th_bighug-1]