The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
PuppyLove

February's Fabulous Fragrances

Can anyone tell me anything about SHORTIES candles??? They are having a 50% off sale on a couple of different scents.

Denim, they are pretty decent, but the wax is so soft that you really have to watch for wick drowning. I bought one of the larger candles and had to scoop out the wax (the scent was so good I didn't want to waste that wax). IMHO: Fabulous cold scents, medium throw candles (I like the 4 oz. best for smaller areas), and if you like the scents they have on sale, I would say go for it!

Their CS is impeccable, and they have a few scents in their melters that I order on a regular basis that I can't find anywhere else. The melters seem to be more highly scented to me than the candles. HTH

Melting Crosscreek ~Citrus Linen H20 (not as strong as EW)

Tyler ~ Sheer Rain (OMG strong)

I'm ready to go back to some foody scents! [smilie=th_clap1]

Kim, how are you enjoying your tarts from Ten Digit? I've really liked the ones I've melted so far. I've had them for a few weeks and they seem to be stronger now. The baked apple pie was super strong and I had to turn the melter off for awhile.

Melting Carol's Cinnamon Buns right now. It is competing with the chicken soup I am making...lol.

Aria: so far, I have really like most of the tarts i have ordered. They sent an Almond sample and I did not care for this. It has sort of a perfumey underlay to it. The Bamboo and Basil was one of them that was really extra strong. I really like the Cedarwood vanilla. They do seem stronger since I have let the first batch sit for a couple of weeks. I melted Redwood Cedar this morning and it was really nice. I do like this company and will probably be reordering if they have a sale soon.

Hi All!

Just stopping in to say hello. I have to go to a good friend's birthday dinner tonight.

My father is recovering overnight in the hospital. He had to have a stent put in. This is his second one. He is doing fine. Everything went well.

I really don't think I have any free time to melt until tomorrow evening. I can't wait! This has been one hectic week.

Enjoy your evening everyone!

Glad to hear your father is doing well candlelove.

Finally changed out the melts from this morning to:

K - Winterberry - AMS - Very nice scent

LR - Dreamsicle - CFTKR - Another nice orangey scent from Carol

BR - Hummingbird - AMS - Another nice one from Christy

Also burning my PI Lily of the Valley in the bath.

YC Velvet Petals melt added for an extra kick of scent.

How is that scent Jules? I ordered a large jar of Velvet Petals from ebay along with a large jar in Spring Bouquet and two Illuma-Lids. It was a very good deal and since it was from the same seller I got combined shipping which also saved money.

I also won a lot of 10 Spring Bouquet tarts for a good price as well.

[smilie=th_clap1]

I've got candles burning this morning. I have a meeting here at the house in a little while and I don't want to over do it. One must be gentle with scent virgins.

Colonial - Honeycomb med. jar

YC - Sun & Sand med jar

FM - Tide Pool votive

Country Light - Cotton Candy small jar

(all in different rooms)

Oooo....Jules....a captive audience..... :lol: Think you won anyone over to 'our side'....? :lol:

Michele - glad everything went well w/your dad! [smilie=th_cc15]

Melting BG's Vanilla Almond Twist. This is the BEST scent! [smilie=th_clap1]

Michele, great news about your father. :)

Bigred, my Velvet Petals tart was pretty old, but it still had a nice antique rose scent. I liked it. I like Spring Bouquet too. It's lighter. (not lighter in throw, but in scent notes)

Sweet, I think my scents were actually too light. I got no comments at all, which is unusual around here. Once everyone cleared out, I got some stronger scent going again.

Tonight I put on two from HoT. I really "girlied" up the place. [smilie=th_lavarepiatti]

Pink Sugary Champagne

Pink Bergamot Ginger

Tonight it's Granny's Pie Crust from AMS. Smells good....wish it were a little stronger though. I'm also melting Irish Mocha, smells wonderful! Christy added some freebies with my order and the one I tried in my bedroom was Ocean Rain. This one is so good and has been throwing for 9 hours!! :)

Tonight it's Granny's Pie Crust from AMS. Smells good....wish it were a little stronger though. I'm also melting Irish Mocha, smells wonderful! Christy added some freebies with my order and the one I tried in my bedroom was Ocean Rain. This one is so good and has been throwing for 9 hours!! :)

Some of Christy's scents do throw for a looong time where others only last 4-6 hours.

Final melts of the night are:

K - Mulled Cider - AMS - Another great scent from Christy

LR - Fresh Floral Honeydew - CFTKR - Awesome scent - Another truly great scent from Carol

BR - Sakura Cherry Blossom - Cheryl's - Another awesome floral scent - this one is exceptional but if it was a lot stronger it would be sooooo much better - that's three for three from Cheryl so far.

:)

Michele, so glad to hear everything went well with your Dad!

Tonight I have CYS' Autumn's Glow Cake going. I thought it would be too heavy on the spice when I first got my order, but it's not at all. I'm really enjoying it.

Cheryl so glad to hear that your father is doing well!

Tonights melts are Doodle Bug from GHBT, this is a great description isn't it?

A fragrance that takes you back in time to childhood. When you didn’t know the definition of work, life was about playing & eating a bunch of candy. An aroma that will allow you to visualize yourself being a young child with a cream soda dum dum sucker in your hair, sitting at the picnic table eating a piece of watermelon. Doodle Bug is a blend of cream soda, fresh watermelon slices, hubba bubba bubble gum with a hint of new born baby.

I'll let you know if it rings true, I just turned the melter on that one. I've been melting CFTKR Cherry Jelly bean, a freebie from Carol. I love when I get a freebie that I never would have ordered myself, and I end up loving it. This scent is beautiful, fruity, a little sweet, and the hubby even commented on it.

Have a great night everyone!

I am enjoying Cheryl's Sangre de Grado again today. Such a beautiful scent.

I melted that one for the first time yesterday and it immediately became one of my favorites. It is indeed an awesome scent! Next time I order from Carol I'm getting a couple of bags of it.

Recent melts:

Busy Bee honey ginger

Busy Bee pink frosting

unklnown vendor Country kitchen

Dark Candles temptress

Dark Candles dark carnival

LOL pink sugar

YC sparkling snow...very strong and longlasting

YC sheer gardenia...really strong and longlasting

YC sunflower

:)

Melting Bridgewater's Spiced Cider today. I am still working my way through my current stash. I am having fun finding old favorites and finding new ones I'd forgotten about, lol.

I also gave my niece her pale yellow 24 watt melter for her birthday. I made her samplers from Carol's bags and threw in a few Yankees. I told her I would keep her supply going :)

Thanks to everyone who helped me find the resources to make the bags. It was a lot of fun and a good way to spread the wealth.