The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

January's Frosty Fragrances

Jason, where are you? Late night? Sleeping in? WAKE UP! [smilie=th_a043] It's 2009! [smilie=th_blij40]

Lovin' this busy board today.

Maybe I'll put on Holiday Party Hangover for all who need it. [smilie=snoopy]

Decided to add EW Cranberry Craze because it has a light scent throw and LOL Cranberry Zucchini Bread. If it gets to be too much I will just shut them off.

Sounds like everyone is going to be having a nice relaxing day. Just finished straightening up my house and need to go get ready fro my guests.

I'm here, Jules! Yes, I had a late night, but not partying- I was working, waiting tables at a busy downtown restaurant. I am just now getting up and around. Happy New Year to everyone! Since I was busy yesterday, I only did one tealight of Crosscreek's Scones & Cinnamon Butter, so I'm melting that one again this morning. BTW Aria, I've tried Can-Do's Blue Sugar and it's a good one!

Happy New Year friends!

I'm getting a late start today - CP's Swans a Swimming. Since we're taking down the rest of our decorations and tree today, I'm starting the day with my new Brown and Gold Mosaic melter from yankee. [smilie=snoopy]

Hi gang!

I did end up melting Can-Do's Blue Sugar and love it.....have it in a 24 watt combo melter and it took awhile to melt and start throwing. I think EW's version may be a little stronger IMO.

So here is what I have melting.....and burning....

Warm Glow Cranberry Chutney candle....so pretty with the red interior and creamy outer layer....

Can-Do....Blue Sugar melting in the LR

EW....Frankicense & Myrrh melting in the powder room

Tonight it's Cinnamon Doughnuts from Missy's Tempting Tart's. Smells like celtic moonspice to me but I'm not complaining! [smilie=th_bb20]

Melting EW Banana Nut Bread......it is WONDERFUL [smilie=th_bb20] Can smell it thru my whole house. Can't wait until she opens again, I am down to only a few left.

The Orange Chiffon Cake from Everyday Whims is TDF!! I just put it in a little bit ago and it is wonderful!

Oh, good. I have two of 'em. [smilie=th_bb20]

Whew! Cleaning marathon here today. It was sunny and 60 degrees so DH washed both cars and cleaned the garage while I was inside taking down decorations and cleaning. Sure feels good to have the house back to normal. Now it's time to catch up on the boards. [smilie=th_bb20] I'm melting Sandalwood & Cranberries and Ocean, both from Scentsy.

A late Happy New Year to you all!

Today we spent several hours trying to introduce my cat and my son's - he has been quarantined in the back of the house (the cat, that is!) so he could get used to the house and smells and today he got to investigate the rest of the house...it has been like babysitting a toddler! [smilie=th_bb20]

Today I did a mix of old and new:

Candle Dipper's White Christmas

Candles, Gifts and More - Apricot Freesia

We just got back from my parents' house. I'm sipping my new and first ever Dunkin' Donuts coffee. I brewed it at home in my French Press. I got a 3 pack sampler - French Vanilla, Hazelnut, and Regular. I love it. It's a lot milder than what I'm used to from Peet's. I usually drown out Peet's coffee in a ton of creamer. I found that with Dunkin' Donuts you only need a little bit which helps calorie wise. Anyone else use a French Press? A drip is so much easier but my coffee always turns out perfect in the French Press.

I'm still melting Cinnamon Blueberry. I love this scent. Since it's in my tea light burner it's lasting a long time because I don't have the tea light burner melting away all day like the 24 watt ones. I'm really appreciating my scents a lot more now that I don't have them going all day long. I started to get bored with them and sick of them for about a month. Now I'm in love again. Ahhh...pefect tarts and perfect coffee. What else could a girl want?

I'm here, Jules! Yes, I had a late night, but not partying- I was working, waiting tables at a busy downtown restaurant. I am just now getting up and around. Happy New Year to everyone! Since I was busy yesterday, I only did one tealight of Crosscreek's Scones & Cinnamon Butter, so I'm melting that one again this morning. BTW Aria, I've tried Can-Do's Blue Sugar and it's a good one!

Whew! I hope you made some huge tips last night. More money for candles.

Debra, Is this a brand new kitty? Have you picked a name?

eta: HoT Glistening Snow (first time for this scent)

Warm Glow Butter Rum

Good evening. I was at the mall today to see a movie and of course just had to pop into Yankee. It was not the usual YC store I normally shop at, so I wanted to see if there was anything that my store didn't have. I found Sage & Cinnamon tarts on sale (love this retired scent) and a couple Shorbread Cookie tarts on sale! Also, picked up another old favorite, Indonesian Ginger candle on sale! Yay! So tonight I'm melting Sage & Cinnamon and burning the Ginger.

Happy New Year everyone!!!! It was a nice frigid, relaxing day here on Long Island. I just stayed in my jamies all day. We played a couple of games, had leftover Chinese from last night, and I did a few loads of laundry in between. It was a good day.

Tonight I'm melting YC Island Guava, I will have to say eh, its alright, not a favorite, also melting Carols Pink Apple. I'm sure I'm gonna love it, I love most of her Pinks!

LLVV, ok, your gonna have to enlighten me, what is a french press?

LL - I am a big time french presser - much more body in a cup of coffee. (silly - if you don't mind me answering, it is another way to "brew" your coffee that allows more of the rich oils to go into your cup instead of a coffee filter. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_press

Tonight 's melt has been Coral Dolphin, Sea Breeze

Jules - this cat is the "other" cat we had when we lost my sick one last month. He was adopted from a pet hoarder home about a year ago. My son, who is staying with us, has a year old cat making us a 2 cat household once again.

I probably had at least 30 different scents going since I last posted, but that is because of out of town visitors. I guess they must be use to YC because every scent I melted I got [smilie=th_bb20] faces from them. I pulled out a Vanilla Lime YC candle and they loved that more than anything I melted.

The only other winners for them were Can-Do's Watermelon and CFTKR's White Cake.

My New Year is starting out with some really mild scents, but I'm going to make up for it in a couple of days! :)

It has been work, work work, and cook, cook, cook, but it's nice to see everyone!

:P