The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

January's Frosty Fragrances

Am at work so nothing melting, but extremely interested in the French Press (I have neer heard of it). I absolutely love good coffee, have tried several different makers - the latest being a Cuisinart - and nothing seems to give me that really good cup of coffee like my parents use to have in their old perculator. Maybe this is what I am look for, but I am confused. Do none of the grounds get in the coffee? As I said, I really love coffee, but I don't want it "crunchy"..... [smilie=th_confused3]

Remelting cinna doughnuts from Missy's Tempting Tarts. This is a great thrower. Smells great too!

We have a french press and it's wonderful. We don't use it every day tho. It came in very handy during our last storm where the power went out, you just have to keep ground coffee on hand (we usually grind as we go, lol).

Am at work so nothing melting, but extremely interested in the French Press (I have neer heard of it). I absolutely love good coffee, have tried several different makers - the latest being a Cuisinart - and nothing seems to give me that really good cup of coffee like my parents use to have in their old perculator. Maybe this is what I am look for, but I am confused. Do none of the grounds get in the coffee? As I said, I really love coffee, but I don't want it "crunchy"..... [smilie=th_confused3]

I think this will do the trick, Tobe! The grounds get pushed to the bottom by a screen and I rarely end up with any in the cup. That's part of the reason you want a larger ground bean for the French Press.

I love mine and find that the flavor is much richer, with a slight sheen of oil across the top. I use an electric hot water kettle to make it so the process doesn't take long at all. You can pick up inexpensive versions at Ross and places like that to try it out before making a big commitment, but I think it's a much better taste experience than any of the drip coffeemakers I've tried.

Anjoy - I use my burr grinder as it doesn't jam as much. (My blade grinder is a cheapy.) The burr has a setting for French Press, which helps.

Fleur - way back you asked about the dog and the visiting kitty - you know Goldens...they love everyone/everything. We also have a lab that keeps nosing a soccer ball to the cat to see if it will play. That just about scares the poor thing to death. We have been lucky - no cat and dog skirmishes at all. The two cats, however.... :oops:

Today has been Crosscreek - Sleighride.

Debra, Good luck with your kitties. My sister recently got a new kitty. She has an older cat that pretty much ignores the new one! Like it does not exist or something. Cats can be funny! Glad the dogs are doing okay. My Golden thinks everyone is a playmate! Although she can get a little territorial at times!

We should start a coffee thread in Hodge Podge! Lots of french press fans here.... love it!

Think I am going to melt Rocky Mountain Christmas from Crosscreek this evening. I did not get to taking my tree down today... so I will enjoy the lights and the scent to go with it tonight!

I have Carol's Acai Berry melting. It's a very rich berry scent. Have a great night everyone. I have to get dinner on the table.

I want to put a few melts on for the company coming over, but our apartment is kinda small and guests kind of picky. I think i'll stick with scones and cinnamon butter in both melters as it has been my favorite lately. I wish I had a few more Holiday home sweet home, as that was my favorite spicy YC holiday scent! I went into Yankee today, but hardly anything left on the shelves. My store didn't even have any of the new stuff!

Tonight I'm melting Spicy Apples & Peaches from Cobblestone. I had forgotten how much I love this scent. Also have going from CFTKR Nutmeg Nellies. These two make the house smell nice and cozy. Have a great night everyone.

We should start a coffee thread in Hodge Podge! Lots of french press fans here.... love it!

Done 'cause I have more questions. Thanks.

[smilie=th_myspacepunked_sign0009]

Guest Anonymous
? As I said, I really love coffee, but I don't want it "crunchy"..... :lol:

:oops: Crunchy...... :lol:

Debra - good luck w/the two kitties. Bet there's been some hissing and noses outta joint. :?

Evening melt is CP's maids a-milking. Pretty good one.

Guest Anonymous
If you do have a keurig brewer still, I recommend getting one of the plastic cups that allows you to put your own grinds in and the amount you want. I don't mind the k-cups that can be purchased, but they are weaker than my usual cup.

mm - I didn't think the keurig made coffee strong enuf, too, so found this info on a coffee forum (yeah, there's forums for everything! :oops: ):

I HAVE FOUND A COUPLE OF WAYS TO GET A BETTER BREW FROM BOTH K-CUPS AND THE MY-K-CUP.

ONE TIP THAT SEEMS TO WORK QUITE WELL IS TO “PRE-WET” THE COFFEE BY STOPPING THE BREW JUST AFTER THE WATER STARTS TO FLOW. DO THIS BY SLIGHTLY LIFTING THE HANDLE. WAIT ABOUT 15-30 SECONDS THEN CLOSE. IT SHOULD THEN BREW NORMALLY, BUT SEEMS TO EXTRACT BETTER.

I tried it and it does make a stronger brew. HTH -

Forgot to add my mid-day melt was CFTKR's evergreen pine. Still not the tree scent I'm looking for, but there's only about zillion ones left to try..... :lol:

Sweet&spicy - I've been on the search for the perfect tree scent since Northern Maine went out of business. She had the best that I've ever smelled. Only Candles of Eden came close with her version. I always hated that she made it blue instead of green.

Indeed - we are having the hissy fits around here. Right now my old cat has the young one trapped in the corner behind a plant. This can't turn out well...

Tonight is Soy Indulgence - Black Raspberry Vanilla.

Evening Eclipse ~ Twisted CoCo

Sparkle Puss ~ emerald city Evergreen (tremendous throw)

CP ~ Maids a Milking

The coffee conversation cracked me up! I always have coffee going since I inherited coffeemakers from a cappuccino bar. If you can't stay awake, just come on over!

[smilie=th_316785e4]

Hi Everyone!

Just stopped by to say hello. Extremely busy day-I just got home. Only have 2 candles going tonight. Received these as a gift yesterday. Florasense candles Creamy Vanilla Glaze. On the light side but are pretty in ceramic jars.

[smilie=th_316785e4]

Tonight it's White Mint Chocolate from Shorties Candle Company. My daughter came over and said it smelled so good she could eat it out of my melt cups!! It IS a very good scent!! Very strong!!

Hi, all. I had another super busy day and have not melted/burned anything all day! I don't like days with no wax as much. Even though it's late, I started up Pecan Pralines from Candle Haven and Spice of the Forest from CFTKR. Still waiting for them to melt. Also, burning a couple YC's. Hope everyone has a great weekend!