The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

January's Frosty Fragrances

Good Morning Everyone.....melting EW Hansel & Gretel House, love this scent. Have to go into work for a few hours this morning....been off since 12/22. It has been WONDERFUL :)

[smilie=th_bb20]

Good Morning everyone.

We have had computer problems the last couple of days. We have DSL and we keep losing connection... When I called for help they said we have a weak signal and we should try a new modem... we tried a new modem a couple of months ago and the technician from the phone company could not get the new modem to work (he gave up and plugged in the old one). :lol: ... so if I am not around.... we are still working on our little problem!

Anyway... I hope everyone had a good New Year's Day.

Debra... I hope the kitties are getting along well! How is your dog liking the new kitty?

Melting Coconut Lemon Cheesecake from HOT this morning. I will get some other melters going in awhile.

I will start putting away my Christmas decoration today. It is much more fun putting them up! :lol:

Good morning!

I'm still melting Cinnamon Blueberry. I didn't finish the tea light last night because DH and I found something on TV to watch together.

Fleur - I hope you get those computer problems fixed. I hate being without mine. Good luck!

Silly - Here's a picture of a French Press

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/e128/index.cfm?pkey=celtcofman It's the old fashioned way of doing things but makes a great cup of coffee and doesn't use up counter space. Debra did a great job of explaining why it's so good.

I hope that you all have a wonderful day. I'm also going to take down our big tree and turn off the outside lights. I can't take them down yet because it's very cold and there is snow outside. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day for that.

LLVV... thanks... the internet is working now, so let's hope it keeps working!

I love my french press too! I have had mine for many years! At home, I do not drink coffee as much as I drink tea these days (I still love a Starbucks now and then when I go out!)... but I do love the french press when I do drink coffee at home. It is elegant and makes a nice cup of coffee!

Good Morning.Melting Apple Pie--Busy Bee and Apple Dumplings---Crosscreek.Both smell very nice.Have a great day everyone.

Good morning everyone. I am finishing up a candle this morning Northwoods Christmas and also continuing my third tealight melt of EE-Black Velvet. I am really enjoying the 2 EE scents I have melted so far. I will also start EE-Possession votive in my bath this morning. DS leaves to go back to school tomorrow-he is mentoring the FIRST Robotics HS team in Lafayette and this year's "game" is revealed nationally on NASA tomorrow. This is a really neat program for GS(Lego Robotics) and HS( FIRST ) kids to be involved in. There are hundreds of schools involved in this program across the country. All Christmas is packed away, and I am glad to be getting my house back in order. I plan to start walking and cleaning out excess again next week. Have a great day everyone. Oh, yea, Jason I also love the Indonesian Ginger scent from YC.

Good morning everyone. I am finishing up a candle this morning Northwoods Christmas and also continuing my third tealight melt of EE-Black Velvet. I am really enjoying the 2 EE scents I have melted so far. I will also start EE-Possession votive in my bath this morning. DS leaves to go back to school tomorrow-he is mentoring the FIRST Robotics HS team in Lafayette and this year's "game" is revealed nationally on NASA tomorrow. This is a really neat program for GS(Lego Robotics) and HS( FIRST ) kids to be involved in. There are hundreds of schools involved in this program across the country. All Christmas is packed away, and I am glad to be getting my house back in order. I plan to start walking and cleaning out excess again next week. Have a great day everyone. Oh, yea, Jason I also love the Indonesian Ginger scent from YC.

That is so interesting, Kim. How exciting. Does your DH have robitic projects in the garage? Good luck to him and his class. Let us know how they do.

I switched out the Maids a Milking. DH thought it smelled medicinal in here. I'll save it for later.

Moved on to FP - Sage & Citrus

along with my current fleet of candles.

Guest Anonymous

LLVV, Debra & Fleur - thanks for posting about the french press coffee! I've been wondering about it. Last winter I heard about the Keurig machine and found one at a fantastic deal on good ol ebay, but it wasn't the 'ahhhhhhh' :lol: wonderful cup of coffee I've been searching for. The Wikpedia article sez to use a more coarse grind of coffee in the french press - is that what U do? Do U have a regular one or an electric?

Melting Bella's gingerbread man. Love it! Now I really want a good cup of coffee..... :lol:

If you do have a keurig brewer still, I recommend getting one of the plastic cups that allows you to put your own grinds in and the amount you want. I don't mind the k-cups that can be purchased, but they are weaker than my usual cup. I got the keurig kup for my own grounds and some drip brew ground Starbucks house blend and OMG :lol: it is amazing. Even gets the "crema" on top, similar to a good espresso pour at a coffee shop! Hope thats not TMI.

Today I'm feeling a bit jittery, first cup of coffee since Monday. I get to eat solid food again! Not that it wasn't great eating ice cream, milkshakes and creamy soup and not feeling guilty, but I am so excited to be going out with family tonight!

Melts right now are Scentsy's Summer Sippin Crosscreek's Apple Berry Crumble and a 2nd tealight on CYS Candygirl (big fan of this scent, must get more)!

:lol:

Sweet&Spicy - Yep, you'll need a course grind. I actually don't always use a coarse grind and just leave some of the coffee in the pot to throw out so the loose grinds don't wind up in my coffee. If you buy coffee from Starbucks, ask them to grind it for a French Press and they will. You can also just use your own coffee grinder. I don't have one so I have no clue what the settings are but my parents have one and they use it to grind coffee for their French Press. It will definitely give you that ahhhh feeling. It's a very different flavor than the drip coffee. I've never had a bitter cup from the French Press. What's nice is that it's always fresh and you can make as much or as little. It take me about 8 minutes from start to finish. I first boil the water in my microwave but you can use a tea pot too. That takes 2-4 minutes depending on how many people are having a cup. Then it's always a 4 minute brew time in the French Press regardless of how many cups you're making.

I have a Bodum regular one...it's not electric. I got it from Starbucks for a lot less money than what WS is selling them for. Amazon also sells them at great prices.

I just started Carol's Frosted Lime. OMG, it's the best lime scent that I've ever tried. I love her Key Lime Pie but this is even better. It's a lot sweeter. I'm in love with this scent.

Hi there fellow wax lovers!

LLVV, I have seen those french press thingys at Starbucks, but I don't have one. I have a machine called a Senseo that makes a pretty good cup of coffee. I just like the fact that I can make one cup at a time without fussing with the big pot and such. I love Dunkin Donuts coffee....it's very tasty. I am addicted to the flavored coffeemate creamers.

Here is what I have melting...

GHBT Harvest Spiced Apple in the kitchen

Dew Drop Lavender in the mudroom

Nene's Hot Buttered Rum in the living room

Can-Do Spiced Patchouli upstairs

Hi everyone, This morning it's a remelt of MD's Sparkling Champagne Cake (which I LOVED btw, and was perfect for New Year's) and then I'm putting on AMS's Spiced Eggnog.

:lol:

Hi all, not melting anything, I'm at work, but I thought I'd chime in on the coffee discussion.

The french press looks like a little too much work for me. I have a Keurig Machine, which I've had for about 4 years, I also have a brand new one in the basement just in case.

I absolutely love my machine, and I don't think I would trade it for anything else. Everyone who has a cup from it absolutely loves it, in fact 4 of my friends have gotten one after trying it. Tomorrow, my girlfriend is going to get one also.

I personally couldn't imagine a better cup, but I'm not really a coffee fanatic, so I may not know much :-)

Happy New Year Everyone!

Today I am melting Rudolph's Noel from LOL....I thought I liked it but it is morphing into something werid smelling....I am going to leave the room to take a shower and come back and see what I think....sometimes I just get overwhelmed with a scent.

LLVV-----Chalk me up with all lthose who LOVE a french press. I have been drinking my coffee that way for about 6 years now....I never knew that the oils got absorbed into the filter.....hmmm....guess that is why I can NEVER and I mean NEVER find a cup of coffee as good as mine...I've tried diners..etc.....and to think I thought it was my expertise in the kitchen! lol.......Thanks for the info. Debra. LLVV....I have a burr grinder and a regular one and I never thought there was much differnce...I am going to have to try both today again....I'll let you know....Until then, enjoy your coffee!!!

Have a great day all!

Anjoy - I use my burr grinder as it doesn't jam as much. (My blade grinder is a cheapy.) The burr has a setting for French Press, which helps.

Fleur - way back you asked about the dog and the visiting kitty - you know Goldens...they love everyone/everything. We also have a lab that keeps nosing a soccer ball to the cat to see if it will play. That just about scares the poor thing to death. We have been lucky - no cat and dog skirmishes at all. The two cats, however.... [smilie=th_confused3]

Today has been Crosscreek - Sleighride.