The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

January's Frosty Fragrances

Recent melts are:

GHBT Hansel and Gretel's House

LOL amaretto tiramisu

NeNe lemon squares

NeNe spiced apple butter

Bizzy B's vanilla velvet and southern pecan pie

Bizzy B's botanical orchard and nectar blooms

I'm still melting the GHBT Lemon Blossom and it's still going strong. If it was any more potent I'd have to leave the house. As it is I have the window cracked open in the BR which is where the melter is, as well as myself and the computer. I like it even though I'm convinced Grandma should rename it Lemon Cookie. lol [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

YAY I'm no longer a newbie!!!! Henceforth I shall be a wax addict in training, TYVM!

bigred, I had GHBT Lemon Blossom going earlier too....I didn't detect any bakery notes....just a nice lemony, clean scent...very strong like you said, but no bakery here. Congrats on your new melter! You are no longer a tart virgin!!! [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

momuvtwo, ITA, I've ordered from Grandma a few times and have never let the tarts cure.

Right now I am melting Bahia Honda from CYS.....and oh my, I am loving it a lot. It's good and strong. I detect grapefruit, although I will have to go look at the scent description...it's a great, unique scent. I will order more of this one for sure.

I also just lit YC Balsam & Cedar....I never tire of this scent in the colder winter months.

bigred, I had GHBT Lemon Blossom going earlier too....I didn't detect any bakery notes....just a nice lemony, clean scent...very strong like you said, but no bakery here. Congrats on your new melter! You are no longer a tart virgin!!! [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

momuvtwo, ITA, I've ordered from Grandma a few times and have never let the tarts cure.

Right now I am melting Bahia Honda from CYS.....and oh my, I am loving it a lot. It's good and strong. I detect grapefruit, although I will have to go look at the scent description...it's a great, unique scent. I will order more of this one for sure.

I also just lit YC Balsam & Cedar....I never tire of this scent in the colder winter months.

Must be my nose then because to me it smells like Lemon Cookie more than Lemon Blossom. It's good though. I'm not complaining!

[smilie=typen]

I am melting Bahia Honda from CYS.....and oh my, I am loving it a lot. It's good and strong. I detect grapefruit, although I will have to go look at the scent description...it's a great, unique scent. I will order more of this one for sure.

I've had the Bahia Honda. Is that strong or what? [smilie=th_12E9EC16] I had to break mine in half. Good stuff.

For this evening I have on CFTKR's Cinnamon buns and downstairs Nene's Vanilla Scone.Joan...I love Can Do's Country Store too,it's a good one from her!

I'm melting Strawberry Crunch and Creamy Nutmeg. I don't think I like the Creamy Nutmeg one. Something about it that I just can't put my finger on but it's not what I thought it would be.

LLVV - what did U decide on the nutmeg? Is it anything like her "Nutmeg Nellie"? I love that one....

Katz - love your avatar! Didn't know a groundhog could be so cute! [smilie=th_scratch]

Melting Spotted Hogs Honey Graham Cracker Supreme. This is fantastic!!! [smilie=th_12E9EC16] Had to try it after Sista raved about it....and it's everything she said....and more..... [smilie=typen]

Evening melts so far: GHBT's Dandelion Pear....Just started so too early to tell. I vendor-tested this scent once before and really like it though so I am familiar with it. Earlier I melted her English Ivy - nada. Tried it in two different melters - boo hoo. And I have had that scent from CHC and currently have it from Carol and both are fairly strong (Carol's is hugely strong - in a low-wattage melter even).

I also have the last 2 soy cubes of Alaskan Wilderness from Cheryl's upstairs - VERY strong.

Oh, and count me among the fans of Can-Do's Country Store!

Just signed on and saw your avatar, Kim and I cracked up!!! :lol: He is so cute!

Burning Country Vanilla from AMS and it's a keeper. It's got some coconut in it and it's delicious!

Good evening! Back from some quality time with my parents. My mom made pork chops and I actually enjoyed them. I'm not a pork fan but these were quite nice. She also made a Jacques Pepin potatoes au gratin recipe.

Sweet&Spicy - I like the Creamy Nutmeg more when I was downstair with it rather than the scent I got from it whafting up the stairs. It smelled different upstairs. Downstairs it was very enjoyable but different than Nutmeg Nellie.

Tonight I'm melting Carol's Nutmeg. Smells fabulous cold!

Big Red- :lol: on the new status as a tart melter! I'll have to try lemon blossom...it sounds great, as I like cooke more anyway!

Aria-Bahia Honda from CYS has been on my to try list. I will have to make sure to order this with my next order, sounds like a great one!

Tonight's melt is Maui Mist by Melissa's specialty soaps.

I just realized that the Missy's everyone has been talking about is NOT the same as Melissa's specialty soaps. :lol:

Phew, not quite the strongest ones there from what I've tried. So now that I'm done thinking I'm crazy or my nose isn't working, I'll have to place an order with Missy's to see what all the hubub is about! :lol:

Evening melts so far: GHBT's Dandelion Pear....Just started so too early to tell. I vendor-tested this scent once before and really like it though so I am familiar with it.

Momuvtwo, isn't Dandelion Pear an interesting name? I'm not sure what Dandelion smells like but I remember rubbing them under our chins as children to see if we like butter. Has anyone else heard of doing that? If it leaves a yellow mark on your skin, then you like butter. :lol: Anyway, how is it now that you've melted it?

Cyn, Luv the Spiced Pumpkin Brulee too.

I'm not sure what I want to smell this morning, either fresh floral or bakery. I've got nothing on yet. I need some coffee. Have a great Saturday.