The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

January's Frosty Fragrances

Good evening, all. I just have to rave about Missy's Tempting Tarts for a bit. I melted Cinnamon Apple all day today and that thing was curiously strong. It smelled alot like YC's HSH only stronger and seemed to get stronger the longer it melted. After seven hours of this pungent tart, I tired of it while it was still going strong! Finally decided to replace it with her Vanilla Nutmeg for a mellower, less spicy scent. It's no slouch either and smells great! I'm officially a fan of Missy's and think this vendor may be a bit underrated around here. In the BR it's Rice Crispy Treats from AMS, which is on the lighter side, but very nice. Smells like the real thing!

Good evening, all. I just have to rave about Missy's Tempting Tarts for a bit. I melted Cinnamon Apple all day today and that thing was curiously strong. It smelled alot like YC's HSH only stronger and seemed to get stronger the longer it melted. After seven hours of this pungent tart, I tired of it while it was still going strong! Finally decided to replace it with her Vanilla Nutmeg for a mellower, less spicy scent. It's no slouch either and smells great! I'm officially a fan of Missy's and think this vendor may be a bit underrated around here. In the BR it's Rice Crispy Treats from AMS, which is on the lighter side, but very nice. Smells like the real thing!

I've never really looked here so I think I'll head over and scope it out. Thanks, Jason - this sounds promising!

Hi again! Well,the Mocha Cafe had to go! I'm just not fond of "chocolatey" scents. (unless they're being served to me on a pretty plate!) Lana , sweetie are you around? I think you would like it since you said you are discovering that you like chocolate/dessert scents! (again, it is CFTKR Mocha Cafe)

Replaced it with a sample from AMS- Banana Nut Bread. Wanting to try this because I'm seriously considering a second AMS order before free shipping ends!

Sheryl

Sheryl,

I was stuck in the office today, working feverishly all morning to create a presentation I was told about at 5:00 yesterday, and then all afternoon in meetings giving the presentation and listening to other folks'.

[smilie=group_hug]

I so prefer sitting here at home working, sniffing scents and petting cats!

[smilie=th_a043]

Then it was off to the vets, and other errands. I have just landed here.

Thanks for the heads up on that scent. I will try it. My chocolate day is continuing with the LOL Buche de Noel from yesterday and added Mocha from CBV to the DD's bathroom (with her consent. You can do chocolate in the bathroom but not bakery scents? Go figure!)

Need something fresh in my bedroom. Hmmm, will have to go look through my growing stash.

And I am at home tomorrow! [smilie=th_m4t3zo4]

Guest scentedstamper

Yay Lana! Enjoy your day at home!

Switched out scents all around: melting CFTKR Pumpkin and Crushed Nutmeg, and Spicy Little Bites, Scentsy Cinnamon Bear, and Sunkissed Citrus, Crosscreek Eggnog and in the BR Crosscreek Pink Frosting.

Nighty night!

Sheryl

Troubling times here - we have a distant relataive that has swindled an elderly family member out of thousands of dollars. The aunt is elderly and confused, so she believes the swindler instead of the other 6 family member and the police...what a mess.

Tonight I have only had time for CandleDipper's Alyssum.

Troubling times here - we have a distant relataive that has swindled an elderly family member out of thousands of dollars. The aunt is elderly and confused, so she believes the swindler instead of the other 6 family member and the police...what a mess.

Tonight I have only had time for CandleDipper's Alyssum.

OH, Debra!!!! I am so very sorry. How utterly dispicable - is there anything that can be done to get her money back? I'd love to [smilie=th_m4t3zo4] [smilie=th_a043] the person that can do this to an elderly person. [smilie=group_hug]

Thanks, send. We also have been so frustrated because the aunt will not cooperate with law enforcement, so their hands have been tied so far. We keep hoping that the swindler will slip up and then she will get caught without the aunt having to point a finger...

debra,

So sorry to hear about your Aunt. I never cease to be amazed at the depths some people can sink to. And I understand how these older folks will believe the swindler. I have seen it done to my EX's mother. Except in her case, it was members of her own family, a son and a daughter. And no matter how many times we tried to help her, she would never believe us. It would make me so angry...........

I have to admit I am happy I am out of the middle of it now, because all of these years later, it is still going on.

What is wrong with some people?

Thanks, jason...we are having a family meeting to try to figure out what to do next. It is so wrong to do that!! And sometimes the elderly are just a little too trusting.

Deb-Sorry that your family is having to deal with the lowest of lowlife's. I do hope things work out.

I haven't started a thing yet-it is so early.

Good Morning to all!

Oh, debra, I'm so sorry your family has to deal with all of that. I had an cousin who did that to my great aunt, and she still left her house to him when she died and not his brother. I hope your family can help get everything straightened out quickly.

No melts yet today, got the melters iced and coffee brewed. Start work early this morning and lots to do tonight but hopefully I will melt a melt or two tonight.

Just checking in , I'm off the walk about in a bit. Debra: I'm sorry about the troubles. I always say you don't mess with kids(especially mine) or older people because the Karma wheel will someday kick them in the a** big time. My Mom is kinda like that as far as listening to people. She takes what my youngest sister says as the gospel and my other sis and myself she just kinda blows us off. It's hard to understand-I have the most common sense of the whole bunch. [smilie=th_bb20] I hope everyone has a great day and I will check in after my walk as far as my melts.

Good morning!

Oh Debra, I'm so sorry your aunt is going through this. That is just disgraceful and terrible. The only thing worse than taking advantage of an elderly person is taking advantage of a child. I'm so sorry for your aunt. I hope that things work out for her advantage!

I'm melting Strawberry Crunch and Creamy Nutmeg. I don't think I like the Creamy Nutmeg one. Something about it that I just can't put my finger on but it's not what I thought it would be.

Debra - that's terrible about your aunt. It's good she has you and other family members right now to try to help her.

This morning:

Rosemary Mint and Spiced Pear - Harvest Glow

Country Clothesline - Hodge Podge

Good morning and happy Friday, everyone!

Debra - I'm so sorry to hear what's going on with your aunt. That is truly terrible, and I hope everything works out for the best. There is nothing worse than messing with a child or an elderly person.

This morning, it's pink sugar from huckleberry layne in the computer room, and an oatmeal raisin crumb cake candle from kathy ireland on a warmer in the kitchen. I love these candles, but found that I've had trouble with the wicks staying lit. So, they've been working great on the candle warmer. The scents are amazing!

Oh, and Jason - I completely agree with you about missy's tempting tarts. I've never had a dud, and the scents seem to last for a very long time. Plus, you just can't beat the price.

I hope you all have a lovely day! [smilie=th_23_32_7]

Hi everyone!

Debra, that is terrible about your aunt! I hope you and your family can get it resolved soon.

Starting off with GHBT Lemon Blossom....really nice!

OK, Jason - now you have done it. I must try Missy's Tempting Tarts, but she is not listed under Cynthia's alphabetical list of vendors. Would someone please let me know the website. Thanks.

I'm back from walking so my walking buddy gave me some AMS tarts. I have only tried the votives from Christie. My first melt is chestnuts and sugar and I am finishing up a Scents in Soy- Woods and Spice candle. I hope y'all are having a a great day.