The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

January's Frosty Fragrances

Blago?? I must be getting old [smilie=th_confused3]

Right now I"m melting Banana Cream Pie from Crosscreek and it's REALLY strong, and not a scent I'd usually go for so it has been a pleasant surprise.

Also melting GHBT's Lavender Apple - One of my stock favorites from Grandma. It's way strong too - wafting all over the upstairs and down to the living area just from a 14-watt melter too!

Mom, Blago is Rod Blagojevich, the disgraced Illinois governer accused of trying to sell Barack Obama's senate seat.

Almost as scary as Blago givin' his dillusional closing statement. This is better than a Lifetime movie. This guy is flippin' off his sociopathic rocker!!

Sista - I agree. I also wonder how in the world he got elected as Governor? Was it his magnetic personality or his BS?

Did a little switcheroo for this afternoon. I now have my Warm Glow Oatmeal Raisin Cookie candle going (it is the exact same scent as a Biscotti OV Woodwick). This WG is not as strong as the Snickerdoodle or the Nutmeg & Cream ones I've had. I love the scent, just wish it were a little stronger.

I also have a melter going with LOL Swedish Crumb Cake that is very nice, but not very strong either. I have not been that impressed with the LOL tarts I've melted so far....not sure if I would order again. [smilie=superman] I was really excited to get my order and they all smelled great cold, but I haven't gotten much scent when I melt them. :lol: I've used tealight melters and 25w bulb melters. I think the next one I melt, I will use my 24w combo melter.

Blago?? I must be getting old [smilie=superman]

Right now I"m melting Banana Cream Pie from Crosscreek and it's REALLY strong, and not a scent I'd usually go for so it has been a pleasant surprise.

Also melting GHBT's Lavender Apple - One of my stock favorites from Grandma. It's way strong too - wafting all over the upstairs and down to the living area just from a 14-watt melter too!

Mom, Blago is Rod Blagojevich, the disgraced Illinois governer accused of trying to sell Barack Obama's senate seat.

Duh - Of course. I certainly thought I've been following this story but somehow I missed that reference...... :lol:

Hey Aria.. I was wondering which tarts you have tried from LOL that you haven't been impressed with? Most of mine have been great, but maybe they are different flavors? I had the same problem with tarts from Spotted hog, the candles would knock your socks off but sometimes I couldn't smell the tarts unless I stuck my nose in the melter.

I just got back in my room from meetings all morning and put in Sugared Gumdrops from LOL... cold it almost smells citrus-y... I will see how it plays out. Have a fun afternoon everyone! :lol:

Hey Aria.. I was wondering which tarts you have tried from LOL that you haven't been impressed with? Most of mine have been great, but maybe they are different flavors? I had the same problem with tarts from Spotted hog, the candles would knock your socks off but sometimes I couldn't smell the tarts unless I stuck my nose in the melter.

I just got back in my room from meetings all morning and put in Sugared Gumdrops from LOL... cold it almost smells citrus-y... I will see how it plays out. Have a fun afternoon everyone! :lol:

Hey there girlie! Let's see, I've melted The 3 Muskateers (still have half of that one left), a lemon one (can't remember the name...duh) and now Swedish Crumb Cake.....I think either it's my sniffer or I am not using the correct type melter. I think I have Sugared Gumdrops too...it was part of the sampler I ordered. I just stuck the other half of the SCC in my 24w melter and am going to see how it does.....I'ts probably me, since mostly everyone raves about LOL.

Sheryl: Did that trade in Barbie have a white fish-net like cover up trimmed in orange over a orange 2 piece bathing suit? Was she twist and turn waist, bendable legs with either long blonde, or brown hair? My Mom traded in one of my "older" dolls for this newer model. The one she traded in was probably worth some money-but that was a cheap way to get a new doll back then.

I wasn't getting enough throw from the Santa Fe so I switched

CHC - Butter Rum Allspice

TS - Chestnuts & Brown Sugar

(ancient brittle that I had kept in a glass jar - still pumping out a great scent)

YC - Oatmeal Cookie jar

YC - Canary Is. Banana jar

Bizzy - Eggnog & Gingerbread jar

all in all, I've got a good smelling house. :lol:

Had to dump Amish Harvest. My nose must be going through a change. I used to love spicy/cinnamon type scents, but I can only take them in small doses now. Decided to mellow things out with Pillows & Jewels (downstairs) and Very Vanilla (upstairs), both from EW. I can't wait for RIss to open again. I've been stalking her site and noticed she's added a few new scents. :lol:

Been on the run all day today-Nebraska Furniture Mart and lunch-then on to Walmart. Finally home and cleaning(have to get it really clean before they start delivering)-melting:

Snow Day-Illuminescents

My Best Friend-EW

Have a fabulous evening all!

On this cold and snowy evening I have on Strawberry Pine from Carol and YC Candied Apple....love both of these scents!

Guest scentedstamper

Good evening wax lovers! Kim, I honestly can't remember the details of the doll, it was more about the excitement of a new one if that makes sense! (sorry!) I figure the OLD one probably would've been worth some money, but so would the original Hot Wheels and track sets of my DH's childhood that my MIL threw out years ago! Oh well!

Aria, I feel bad that LOL may not be working for you because I was one of those singing their praises. I will agree most of Allison's scents are not necessarily "knock you out" STRONG, however, most of them just smell so fantastically good to me, I don't mind changing them out fairly often. I hope you'll find some you love so at least you don't feel like you wasted money. Believe me, I've trashed more than a few tarts these past few months and they were scents that many raved about! To each his/her own I guess, but variety IS the spice of life!!

Tonight, in addition to the chickens roasting in the oven, I'm melting CFTKR Blackberry Jam Butter Cookie, Crosscreek in the same scent, (they are a bit different), and Nene's Orange Chiffon Pound Cake and burning a Spotted Hog Cinnamon Bun Candle.

G'night! Sheryl

Had to dump Amish Harvest. My nose must be going through a change. I used to love spicy/cinnamon type scents, but I can only take them in small doses now. Decided to mellow things out with Pillows & Jewels (downstairs) and Very Vanilla (upstairs), both from EW. I can't wait for RIss to open again. I've been stalking her site and noticed she's added a few new scents. [smilie=group_hug]

Have you recently changed melters? I find that I prefer certain scents in tea light melters vs. 24 watt and vice versa.

I'm still melting Strawberry Crunch and it's so yummy! A lovely addition to Carol's scent line up.

Tonight it's Nutmeg from Missy's Tempting Tart's. This is another winner! Also whipped cream from AMS's. Very very good and strong! I've got to make another order while free shipping is still going on.