The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

January's Frosty Fragrances

Just started another melter with Coconut Cream Pie from Almost Country......mouthwatering! The Snow Angels tart is upstairs so it's not conflicting with this one in the kitchen....not yet at least!

Just came back from running errands. This morning I will be melting EW Blue Sugar from my Santa Stash in two melters. Can't wait to try this one. I will be finishing up the CP Geese a Laying in the LR. I was surprised to see EW not opening until February. That will help me to stay on lockdown.

The weather here is horrible. Raining and just a nasty day. The lights just went out for a few minutes but now they are back.

:shock:

mpfand,Heidi, and LLVV ...hope you all feel better soon! I'm ready for a break. I melted Almost Country's NaNa's kitchen (a little light for my taste but a great scent), and just put on CFTR's Orange Blossom and Linen(nice strong orange note). Going to put on Merlin's Forest. I can't smell peppermint scents today. :shock: Maybe I am becoming immune to mint scents.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Hi all. I'm having a heck of a time getting my YC tart from last night out of my bowl. It just won't budge! Will probably have to remelt it and dump it. For now, I have lit a new Pomegranate Cider candle. Those who don't feel well, hope you get better soon. For those with bad weather, be careful!

I put on LOL's Dole Whip. It's yummy.

Just what I wanted to hear! Ha! I have been trying to resist the LOL sale... but the Dole Whip is one of the scents that has caught my attention. I could use a little tropical scent right now... as I am typing I am looking out the window at the trees all covered with ice (at least the ones that have not fallen yet... my yard is littered with branches!).

Jules... enjoy that scent... I am off to dig up a sunny scent. :shock:

... found a couple of fun scents from Mookie Doodle... Key Lime Pie and Doodle Bug!

I put on LOL's Dole Whip. It's yummy.

Just what I wanted to hear! Ha! I have been trying to resist the LOL sale... but the Dole Whip is one of the scents that has caught my attention. I could use a little tropical scent right now... as I am typing I am looking out the window at the trees all covered with ice (at least the ones that have not fallen yet... my yard is littered with branches!).

Jules... enjoy that scent... I am off to dig up a sunny scent. :shock:

I just re-ordered more Dole Whip today. :lol:

Stay indoors, Fleur, and pretend you are somewhere warm. [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

The patchouli honey scent from Carol that I am melting is so lovely. I am melting it in my living room-the throw is fine. I think it would be nice for the bath and bedroom. The patchouli is mellowed out by the honey, not pungent as alot of patchouli can be It really is nice, just wanted to report on this one.

Guest scentedstamper

Hi Jason! Glad you finally got the tart out! (I hate when that happens) As for the "Cuppa Chai", I know Deana at Crosscreek has that particular scent. Of course I suppose other vendors might, too. But, that's my guess!

I put on 1/3 of an LOL popp-tart in Pearamel early today and it's still going strong! It's out-scenting the Can-Do Cast Iron Cookies, although that smells great as well.

Have a nice afternoon!

Sheryl

Hi there!

jason, what did the tart look like? I know Crosscreek carries Cuppa Chai and it's very good! Deana has lots of different shaped tarts...

Just put Carol's Pumpkin Spice Latte on a little while ago and boy, is it strong! Wow! It's mixing nicely with the coconut cream pie tart I have going from earlier.

Michele, I adore EW Blue Sugar! Melted it last week sometime and it was the first time I had smelled that scent before! I melted mine in our BR in my electric melter (it's a 14 W like the ones at CHC)....I got lots of scent and it lasted for 3 days!!!! What kind of melter are you using?

I have the Blue Sugar in a tealight melter. It is strong but I like it so much wish it was Super strong! What kind of melters do Rissa's tart do best in?

Guest stardustgirl

I mostly use 24w melters and the EW tarts do great in them.

I've got the Drummers Drumming today. I really enjoyed the CP 12 Days tarts; it gave me a chance to try scents I'd normally not think of ordering, and only one was a "eh... go 'way now, OK?" scent. One was noteworthy enough to want to re-order in bulk (Turtle Doves).

I've also got a Warm Glow Jack Frost burning. It's cloudy and ugly weatherwise today - it needs all the candles it can get.

stardust....good to see ya! I'll always remember you as the one who turned me on to Warm Glow candles! I really love them! Thanks so much!

Michele, I've used all sorts of melters with EW tarts.....and had great luck. Of course, I don't like super- duper- strong, in-your-face, knock-your-socks-off scents either. Those usually give me a headache. I once put Coffee with Santa in one of my tealight melters and it was just way too much for me. I still like the scent, but I now only melt it in my plug in melter or a small 8W electric one I have. Sounds like you prefer your scents a little stronger?

jason, hmmm, maybe that tart is from Bella's....her labels do fall off sometimes....

I am finally melting my Peyote Visions. I really like this scent. I think I am picking up some cinnamon, clove, sandlewood notes. I think it blends very nicely, and being an Earthy type person, I will definitely reorder. These type of scents, when not too heavy on any one spice really are relaxing, and grounding to my soul, if this makes any sense. Anyway, i really like this one. [smilie=th_moredrama]

This afternoon, it's coconut cabana from the mississippi mama (out of business) in my bedroom, snickerdoodle from hodge podge in the kitchen, and patchouli from missy's tempting tarts in the living room. Everything smells great!

Thanks for all of the well wishes. Out of the 6 of us, 4 of us have colds. I guess that's what happens when that many people live together. Oh well. None of us feels really bad...we're just going through a TON of kleenex. [smilie=th_moredrama]

Guest Anonymous

Hope all feeling under the weather are better soon! Take care in the ice storms, too - nasty stuff! [smilie=th_moredrama]

Melting CP's pumpkin souffle. Yum!